Tough times for the board...

How is it ? You can't name me a single realistic target who would improve us, not one .

I’ve never understood this as an argument to keep someone in a job. I’ve heard it with Smith (first time), McLeish, McCoist, Warburton and now Pedro.

I don’t think anyone could disagree that McInnes is doing a far better job than Pedro with much more limited resources. That’s not to say McInnes is a great manager, all it says is Pedro is a poor manager.

As things stand we’ll be shopping in the bargain bucket or another visit to the curiosities shop.

I'm not saying Big Sam is realistic or would come here.
But anyone who doesn't think he would be a massive upgrade on every manager we've had since 2011 knows nothing about football.

You obviously do think there's a chance he'd come otherwise you wouldn't have mentioned him.

I don't want allerdice anywhere near us . Dodgy character and what's he won ?
He is a proven EPL level manager who has repeatedly improved teams and made the most of his resources. Thought of so highly he got the biggest job in English football.
Character is another story, of course, but managerial CV is light years better than any manager we have appointed since Walter, and is better than Rodgers had before coming to the SPFL.

I don't want allerdice anywhere near us . Dodgy character and what's he won ?

Rodgers had won nothing until he arrived here and seems to be going okay.

I don’t think we could get Allardyce even if we wanted him, but I can’t accept he wouldn’t do a better job than Pedro. Would you be confident in Pedro keeping the the teams Allardyce kept up in England, or taking a team like Bolton into Europe? I know I wouldn’t, he can’t even win three games in a row in Scotland!

As for being dodgy, this club needs to start winning again before it forgets how. If that means appointing a manager who isn’t whiter than white but gets results I’m okay with that. Sir Alex was accused of being “dodgy” in the past would he fail the morality test as well?

Winning is everything and we are in danger of becoming mediocre at best.

I think if Pedro is binned it’s unlikely we’d get McInness even if the club wanted him. The Sheep won’t let him go, especially to us.
The board are in a mess of their own making and because of that they will stick with our current manager but they have to back him with money but more importantly our Director of Football has to start earning his corn.
I’m terrified the vhermin are going to go through this season undefeated as well and unfortunately it’s looking very likely

It's like manager groundhog day.

When Ally was obviously out his depth, the desperate reasoning to keep him was nobody on this messageboard had an acceptable alternative.
When Warburton was obviously out his depth, the desperate reasoning to keep him was nobody on this messageboard had an acceptable alternative.
Now Pedro is obviously out his depth, and guess what we're reading again...

Couldn’t agree more

As has been said by numerous posters. I really want Pedro to succeed. I love his enthusiasm and will to win but I love Rangers more and sadly it's time for a change. In my opinion he can't take us any further forward.

I think if Pedro is binned it’s unlikely we’d get McInness even if the club wanted him. The Sheep won’t let him go, especially to us.
The board are in a mess of their own making and because of that they will stick with our current manager but they have to back him with money but more importantly our Director of Football has to start earning his corn.
I’m terrified the vhermin are going to go through this season undefeated as well and unfortunately it’s looking very likely

Derek Mciness would walk on fire to manage Rangers make no mistake about that

He is a proven EPL level manager who has repeatedly improved teams and made the most of his resources. Thought of so highly he got the biggest job in English football.
Character is another story, of course, but managerial CV is light years better than any manager we have appointed since Walter, and is better than Rodgers had before coming to the SPFL.

McLaren was the England manager as well , would you take him ?

Allardise would be terrible imo

I would give PC more time, that's just my personal POV.

But the board had a duty of care and gambling at a time we couldn't afford to gamble could be a huge mistake. They've brought in a complete unknown with no real pedigree and given him funds to buy his players, all the while talking about how important a DOF was, despite seeming to miss how crucial it is that the DOF has a role in recruiting the manager and bringing in the players.

As fans we had to back PC and I still do. But the board have to take the blame for the current crisis and if things fall apart the buck stops with them.

Remind me again what trophies Allardyce has won? Saving Crystal Palace from relegation over 6 games and leading Rangers to trophies are not the same.
Unfortunately Allardyce is not an equivalent to Rodgers. We kid ourselves on if we think he is the answer.

The board have got themselves into some mess with this. On another note folk saying Pedro should stay because we don't know who is available or who would take the job are talking mince. It's a huge job. There will be candidates better than Pedro. The board have made this mess it's up to them to fix it. The fans won't sit by watching us trail into third place again. People will vote by not renewing tickets. Something has to give.

I'm now of the opinion that Pedro is finished. We need to spend big on a big name manager rather than spend big on players. The right manager - a big name manager will make a difference.
A proper manager will pay for himself by getting players playing instead of having to buy a new team.

I have seen a lot of threads today with people saying is name or at name for the next manager. but would whoever make a better job an pedro. I do not know but some think whoever would make a better job. I love at we have so many future tellers on FF. because at is the only way anybody would know one way or another.

Yip, like I said on another thread, for the first time I now really have no idea what we do from here. Financially can we even remove the management? Can we actually even trust the same board to make another appointment? Is sacking Pedro even the right move at this time? I genuinely don't have a clue right now. Depressing.

Sums it up for me.

Also, get the idea of Allardyce so far to fuck.

Sacking the manager at this point does nothing but add to the circus.

When the dust settles from a shocking result we'll still be 6 points behind in the league and the season has not derailed from yesterday's result.

The fickle lands of followfollow where players go from amazing to sh^te on a game to game basis does not represent real world views. We are not going to win every game until the end of the season. Let's not forget opposition players are allowed to assault ours without fear of repercussion.

£7/8m to overhaul a whole squad is not going to fix it overnight, we have improved since last season and I honestly believe will continue to do so. Am I gutted and expected better from yesterday? Of course.

There is no quick sack and fix like Le Guen/Smith. Those days are gone and people forget where we have come from the past few years.

I'm willing to back the manager, for now.

Indeed, we should just carry on incompetently being a run of the mill side -

He’s failed every time

Sack him, advertise the job & see what happens

Actually use your DOF etc

Yeah. Our DOF is in place now so that we can have "continuity". What the %^*& does this mean? Do we have to hire another Portugese guy?

It's like manager groundhog day.

When Ally was obviously out his depth, the desperate reasoning to keep him was nobody on this messageboard had an acceptable alternative.
When Warburton was obviously out his depth, the desperate reasoning to keep him was nobody on this messageboard had an acceptable alternative.
Now Pedro is obviously out his depth, and guess what we're reading again...

Im not disagreeing with you but wasn't the reasoning right? ie there weren't any acceptable alternatives.

Hi Earl (Robbie1808 here)

I think he'll get the season, at least I hope he does, the possibility of Morelos, Alves, Cardoso etc downing tools if they don't fancy the new boss is pretty horrible. Let's be honest if he keeps us 3rd or even gets it together and gets 2nd then it's pretty much ok. Very difficult for a new guy to come in and have to work with a squad that have comms problems.
If Pedro lasts till January but doesn't spend then the writing's on the wall.
Seriously, 3rd is ok, Rangers have never accepted being second and you're telling me 3rd is pretty much ok. This place is infested with beasts.

When the dust settles from a shocking result we'll still be 6 points behind in the league and the season has not derailed from yesterday's result.

The fickle lands of followfollow where players go from amazing to sh^te on a game to game basis does not represent real world views. We are not going to win every game until the end of the season. Let's not forget opposition players are allowed to assault ours without fear of repercussion.

£7/8m to overhaul a whole squad is not going to fix it overnight, we have improved since last season and I honestly believe will continue to do so. Am I gutted and expected better from yesterday? Of course.

There is no quick sack and fix like Le Guen/Smith. Those days are gone and people forget where we have come from the past few years.

e

The majority i speak to in the real world now want him gone.

Do the board have any significant investment lined up & is the AGM the vehicle to announce it if they do?
Unless the answer is Yes, Pedro is here for the duration I fear. What a feckin depressing thought!

[QUOTE="RuchazieBlue, post: 294940, member: 208"]Why you going to pay for it?

Genuine question

I would hope he gets till the end of the season before we go down that road unless he leaves voluntarily[/QUOTE]

Yes, obviously.

Last edited:
IF we go down the new manager route then it simply has to be on a 1 year rolling contract basis. None of this 3 year contract nonsense

A manager bringing in a new philosophy and possibly players needs more security than 12 months. That would never entice the right sort of candidate.

It’s going to be a long season ticket i think he’ll get to the 2 Aberdeen games if we don’t get favourable results and are miles behind them he’ll go send get a new man in for the window

Yes there is no quick fix when you have an overhaul of the squad however the most worrying aspect is the number of big games we have lost where tactics/team selection have played a major part.

If we dont change the manager soon, we will be much further than 6 points behind in the league before too long.

It’s going to be a long season ticket i think he’ll get to the 2 Aberdeen games if we don’t get favourable results and are miles behind them he’ll go send get a new man in for the window
First things first we have to win on Wednesday or the backlash from the supporters will see the pressure increase on the board to a point where they won’t have a choice but sack him.

Seriously, 3rd is ok, Rangers have never accepted being second and you're telling me 3rd is pretty much ok. This place is infested with beasts.

If by that statement you're calling me a beast, please apologise. I was trying to be calm and rational on a night when everybody seemed to be punting knee jerk reactions to a bad f***ing day. No need for that pish.

Seriously, 3rd is ok, Rangers have never accepted being second and you're telling me 3rd is pretty much ok.
If by that statement you're calling me a beast, please apologise. I was trying to be calm and rational on a night when everybody seemed to be punting knee jerk reactions to a bad f***ing day. No need for that pish.
Mate, if you are not a beast I'm sorry, but like I said I've never met a Rangers fan who thinks second is ok, never mind third.

So we wait till the circus gets bigger and he makes a bigger mess of it before sacking him? Nothing he has done over the past 10 months has shown he has the potential to be a top manager for us. Get someone new in while we are still in the league and let’s not wait till Pedro blows it further

I am delighted that some of you aren't Directors at football clubs:

"I can't think of anyone...so let's keep manager forever. You guys name someone off top of your head? No?"

Back