Touring derbies

Scotstounbluenose

Seen on copa90 that the Madrid Derby is getting played in New York. What's people's thoughts on this? I remember we had talks of playing the tramps over there, personally I'm glad it never went through, I feel it takes something away from it that makes it unique.

Dont think Barca and Madrid were that happy about this.

Lot of shite tbh. I'd like to see them play, but part of that would be seeing them in Nou camp or Bernabeu.

Wouldn’t mind at all if we played them in an exhibition match in USA, Canada, Australia etc. If it was a money spinner for us and grows the Rangers brand

Matches abroad are nothing new, folk may not know that over 30 years ago there was a Scottish v English champions match in Dubai - not a derby but something that could be worthwhile bringing back IMO.

I quite enjoy baseball but when the Yankees and Red Soc pitched up in the UK my reaction was WTF?

Surely it makes more sense to move the games that don’t sell out.

And how much bad feeling did it cause with the fans of the teams giving up home games?

Think that boat has sailed OP. The idea of that lot wanting to go to USA now has receded somewhat.

There's more chance of them being greeted at the airport by the FBI than fans.

Howdy, boys. Are you the Celtics of Glassgow

Tell me, have you brought any of them child's club coaches with y'all

I went to el Classico last year, but it was the Spanish cup and not a league game.

Would only go to a league game after that. They had Madrid fans in amongst the Barca fans.

I want rivalry and hatred at a derby.

Back