Touristy football - advice please?

Bought tickets at ground on day of game, however if it is a big name club then might need to go through an agency

Madrid is a great city so would recommend a few days sightseeing and do the stadium tour

Wife booked a long weekend in Madrid for my 40th couple of years back, tickets to game v Espanyol, would do it again tomorrow, beautiful city, amazing match day experience, was in February so slightly chilly but not like the UK. Bought the tickets online direct and collect them from one of the many booths at the Stadium prior to kick off.. 45€ per ticket.. looking at doing either Dortmund or Milan for a game in the coming months, will do the same again and bypass the travel agents.

I've been to Madrid twice and both times I've just walked up to the ticket office an hour or 2 before kick off to buy no problem.

Went to El Clásico a good few years back and managed to buy tickets directly from the ticket office at face value. Had to battle through a crowd of touts to get to the ticket office.

Madrid were a distant 2nd in the league that season though so may be harder to get when they are doing well.

Done it a few years ago, got match tickets from the club, booked flights with EasyJet from Edinburgh and booked a good quality hotel online.

Champion Travel.
I had a look at their website. They definitely had tickets for Atletico Madrid v Real Madrid. Recent game. They have Real home games as well.

Champion Travel.
I had a look at their website. They definitely had tickets for Atletico Madrid v Real Madrid. Recent game. They have Real home games as well.
Sorry mate it's P1 Travel for Real Madrid home tickets. Champion for Atletico.

Done Madrid for my boys 30th. They played Real Sociedad won 4-1 tickets cost 60 euros.
Madrid's a great city to visit. As someone else the stadium is a building site.

55,000 in yesterday. Have wondered how it is right now, is it really a building site?

I’ve done all my trips abroad watching random matches off my own back, used viagogo for Dortmund yellow wall and Bayern/Dortmund - only two times I’ve had to go down that route. Spains pretty easy for tickets really, buying off touts/Socios is a fair route to go down as you often are both winners.

Last edited:
I've been mate all my group bought tickets through Viagogo, they were all fine but I had an issue at my end so had to buy another ticket at the stadium which wasn't a problem. There will be packages available out there, but it's not as difficult to get a ticket as it is for some grounds.

Check out Homefans website. Used them a few times for matches in Germany and Italy. Packages forna couple of hundred quick including tickets hotel, tours etc.

All you need to organize is flights.

This is weird I’m in Madrid right now reading this after being at their game last night.

If I were you @RSEA I would just try and book things yourself but wait until the stadium construction is completed.

Sign up to Real Madrid and you’ll be able to buy tickets reasonably easily. They put the on sale date and times on their website (but a wee tip the on sale time is in Spanish time so if it says 10am it’s 9am GMT which catches a few folk out) so if you’re quick you will get tickets.

But I would wait until the stadium is done. Impressive stadium but it is a building site.

This is weird I’m in Madrid right now reading this after being at their game last night.

If I were you @RSEA I would just try and book things yourself but wait until the stadium construction is completed.

Sign up to Real Madrid and you’ll be able to buy tickets reasonably easily. They put the on sale date and times on their website (but a wee tip the on sale time is in Spanish time so if it says 10am it’s 9am GMT which catches a few folk out) so if you’re quick you will get tickets.

But I would wait until the stadium is done. Impressive stadium but it is a building site.

Do you have any photos from last night? I’ve been a few times but keen to go again, will just leave it till next season now someone who’s been has confirmed it’s a bit off being ready. It’s in my top 3 stadiums personally.

Where would be best to stay? Near the stadium or is there better?

Probably won't go for a few years but good to have an idea.

Nowhere does shite/useless advice quite like followfollow.

Q -Any advice for trips to Real Madrid games?

A- Aye mate, go to Mexico.
:confused:

There was a fella on last week asking for advice on taking his son to see Barcelona. One of the first replies? "Tims of Spain. Take him to see Espanyol instead, bud."

Because young lads dream of going to see the mighty Espanyol.

Everything’s quite close really in Madrid due to the good metro to be fair. Guess it depends how much you want to spend in a way, loads of Hotels though. Have a look at the metro and plan from there, mark off what you want to see etc…

Do you have any photos from last night? I’ve been a few times but keen to go again, will just leave it till next season now someone who’s been has confirmed it’s a bit off being ready. It’s in my top 3 stadiums personally.

Got off the Metro - @Hallers everything in Madrid is close enough and there’s enough public transport to sort you out - and this was the view :))

015-D5-FB1-B491-4-DBA-81-A4-1-CE6-F2-E3-CF52.jpg

2443-F9-AE-EC82-48-EC-8-C3-A-668-FFA345281.jpg

By the time we got there we had very little time to have a look around the stadium but from what I saw (and maybe it’s the section we were in) there were no kiosks and a lot of construction.

Pictures don’t really do it justice but it’s steep as fück. I’m not bothered on heights but Jesus haha. If it was cloudy we’d have seen feck all. If you’ve got vertigo spend more money for the third tier.

4940-BBCB-52-DD-4682-9179-1857-D2-C09965.jpg

A67-CBAFF-8-E8-C-49-D8-A1-B2-6-E6-C7-DDE2-E2-C.jpg

Coming down the stairs there’s exposed brickwork everywhere as they renovate it

In terms of size it is impressive but I really can’t judge facilities etc as I didn’t see any and it’s not the finished article. You can see construction areas and the crane above the stadium.

I can say I’ve been at least.

Wife booked a long weekend in Madrid for my 40th couple of years back, tickets to game v Espanyol, would do it again tomorrow, beautiful city, amazing match day experience, was in February so slightly chilly but not like the UK. Bought the tickets online direct and collect them from one of the many booths at the Stadium prior to kick off.. 45€ per ticket.. looking at doing either Dortmund or Milan for a game in the coming months, will do the same again and bypass the travel agents.
Milan is not a great weekend break. Centre is empty after the tourist are finished with the dumo. Dortmond a great shout,

Milan is not a great weekend break. Centre is empty after the tourist are finished with the dumo. Dortmond a great shout,

There are loads you can do once you get confident really. Have been to matches at San Siro and Atalanta in same day as well as Atletico and Vallecano in Madrid, Genoa and Chivari, Düsseldorf and Leverkusen, Mannheim and Strasbourg. Agree Milan ain’t a good drink but it is quite straight forward for face value tickets and flights now, good museum at AC Milan admin HQ about 20 mins from the San Siro. Dortmund can be a bit trickier for tickets although you’d never really choose to stop there at the end of the day but all the Clubs around there mean you’ll be pretty pushed to not get 2/3 matches there if you do Friday to Monday for example.

This train map must have 10 Clubs on it alone in the top 3 divisions:

Absolutely pissing myself at the Atlas/Pumas advice above.

That must be the peak “shite advice contribution” to a thread I’ve ever seen.

And there have been many contenders.

“Thanks for taking me to see Real Madrid for Xmas, Dad!
Wait.. what’s with the RSEA Sombrero?”

My pup wants to go to see Real Madrid
Has anyone done this and is there travel agents that do packages?

Thanks
Become a Madrista,helps when looking for tickets,they usually go on sale around a week before the game,(TV dictates days &times of ko,hence late sale dates),easy enough to book,would go independent as plenty of flights to Madrid & thousands of digs to choose from,whenever you go,you & your boy will have a blast,done it six times, Madrid is a fantastic city.

Madrid is my favourite city ever. I did the stadium tour the last time I was there and it was absolutely brilliant. I don't know how old your young Bear is, but there were loads of schoolkids there when we went who were thoroughly enjoying all the interactive things on the tour. Next time I'm there I want to take in a game too, so I'll keep my eye on this thread. You'll have a great time whatever you do there anyway. Enjoy!

We stayed just off Calle de Serrano, between the Retiro and the Bernabeu. Nice area, in the centre but two stops on the Metro to the stadium.

Madrid a lovely place, much nicer than Barca imo. Less Touristy, but also less people speak English in my experience. Stay anywhere near a main metro line and you'll be fine, has great public transport links

My pup wants to go to see Real Madrid
Has anyone done this and is there travel agents that do packages?

Thanks
Rumour has it they might be giving one club since 1888 bar the boys club and pro youth team they had a severe scudding you could
Go see that mate

Back