Traffic - Major routes to Ibrox delays M8 Closed.

Basically if you are going to Ibrox and would usually come down the M80, M73, M74 or M8 anywhere not already in the west end, good luck!

Those from the East it might be worth heading to EK then cutting back Linn Park /Pollockshaws / Dumbreck way!

We headed off the M8 at Baillieston then on to the M74. Slow from the Rutherglen turnoff, but not ridiculous.

Anyone in east end stick to the main,

Baillieston - Shettleston - Parkhead - Go round back of Barras and down side of green, pass the high court n then follow the brommy all way to Squinty bridge.

Last edited:

Baillieston - Shettleston - Parkhead - Go round back of Barras n down side of green, pass the high court n then follow the brommy all way to Squinty bridge.
A portion of Saltmarket is closed for Batgirl so that’s causing queues on this route, basically queuing from the High Court to the Barras on Greendyke Street (the one that runs alongside the Green)

M74 it is tonight then.

no doubt it will be chaos as well.

picking my mate up in Bellshill at 6 so fingers crossed will have plenty time.

Good luck tonight bears. Roads around Glasgow have been fucked all afternoon with crashes and the resulting rubbernecking.

Why have they closed three lanes eastbound when the accident happened on the westbound carriageway?

Baillieston - Shettleston - Parkhead - Go round back of Barras n down side of green, pass the high court n then follow the brommy all way to Squinty bridge.
I’ll give you a wave on the walk down the clyde side WATP

Starting to impact the M8 as far out as Baillieston now. Just home from work (Bathgate), from the interchange and along Edinburgh Rd is madness.

Came onto West bound m8 at barlinnie, traffic was already backed up till the bridge there.
Must have just happened and East bound there was at least 2 police cars creating separate rolling road blocks around the Fort area.

When down onto m74 there was cop cars with flashers going heading m8.

Don’t imagine it’ll be much fun after the game either between Woodside viaduct restrictions and the eb lanes being closed for this

Had to go through Bishopbriggs tonight to then rejoin the M8 at the Dumbarton exit.

The M8 is a shit show of a road, it needs entirely reworked and re-designed. IMO.

Seen the folk doing work on the central barrier on the way back last night. Was totally destroyed. Lucky nobody was seriously hurt.

I didn't get caught up in that but the M8 was closed westbound just after the Paisley turnoff so had to detour through Paisley to eventually get back on the M8 at the St James Interchange.
Added an hour onto my journey home...nightmare!
Our bus came down through Shieldhall rd and just carried on through Renfrew and into Paisley and had to come back on at Linwood.

Don‘t think there was prior warning that there was going to be closures on the Motorway last night

I didn't get caught up in that but the M8 was closed westbound just after the Paisley turnoff so had to detour through Paisley to eventually get back on the M8 at the St James Interchange.
I got as far as Arkleston, then doubled back down the motorway and through the tunnel, rather than crawling through Paisley.

Same mate, pain in the hole!!

Arrived back in Helensburgh about 11.15

Our bus came down through Shieldhall rd and just carried on through Renfrew and into Paisley and had to come back on at Linwood.

Don‘t think there was prior warning that there was going to be closures on the Motorway last night
There was actually a banner on the screens about 75 minutes advising of the M8 accident closure and all other routes being open.

It was planned Roadworks and came up on my twitter feed a couple of times.

Unfortunately the overnight closures are due to end on 27 Jan so will effect the Livingston Match, will be worse because of the bigger crowd.

Fingers crossed it finishes early

It was planned Roadworks and came up on my twitter feed a couple of times.

Unfortunately the overnight closures are due to end on 27 Jan so will effect the Livingston Match, will be worse because of the bigger crowd.

Fingers crossed it finishes early
Also got delayed for ages having to detour through Paisley and suffer multiple areshole drivers wanting to cut in front of me.

If it's still there on Wednesday night, I'm using a different way home.

Back