Traffic management post game.

Took me an hour to get to the Clyde tunnel from just off Helen Street, all caused by traffic not being allowed to go down Helen steeet towards the M8. I don’t think the M8 westbound being closed would have helped

Is there any traffic management. Seems to get worse by the week getting out of Helen Street. The accident at the airport wouldn't help but just getting to the motorway turnoff is hopeless these days. I thought we were bad getting down the road at 6.45 (normally about 6) but somebody in one of our other buses had messaged to say they'd just got on the motorway at half six.

I was going to post on the same lines; just got home - sat for about 50 mins crawling up Paisley Road West. Getting away from games is becoming a real big issue; i've tried all the routes over the last few weeks that have been fine for decades - all have been bad. Train strikes clearly do not help when we have so many games on a Sunday. Result aside that makes for a really crap end to the match day experience; I had my two kids and two of their mates in the car today and I can't see any of them being too happy to repeat that 50 minute traffice jam.

Is there any traffic management. Seems to get worse by the week getting out of Helen Street. The accident at the airport wouldn't help but just getting to the motorway turnoff is hopeless these days. I thought we were bad getting down the road at 6.45 (normally about 6) but somebody in one of our other buses had messaged to say they'd just got on the motorway at half six.
I was on wee Bobby's bus and we ended up going M77 and got dropped off in Kilwinning at 6:45.

Was lucky enough to be back in Dumfries for 6.25. But the traffic situation will only get worse when the council force these parking restrictions in, if they fail to provide alternative avenues to travel to/from Ibrox.
Re-opening the Ibrox train station is something that has been talked about for a while but should now be something the club is pushing hard. Even that will take years so any other tactical improvements should also be out there for discussion.

Used to have pointsmen on duty for years and years and it flowed well
Plod Alba now don’t resource it, amongst other things, and the weight of trafficking c left to sequencing of lights will always mean a disaster

No doubt plod are skint, but who’s fault is that

We are some of the last people out of the ground being right at the back of the Govan rear. We walk to the Crowne Plaza and jump in the car and are in Motherwell usually around 45 mins to an hour after the final whistle.

We are some of the last people out of the ground being right at the back of the Govan rear. We walk to the Crowne Plaza and jump in the car and are in Motherwell usually around 45 mins to an hour after the final whistle.
Agreed, there are quite a few options for those willing and able to walk for a bit; its the whole situation and lack of good traffic management closer to the ground that is the real problem. There are no obvious sticking plaster solutions to that.

Took me an hour and a half to get home today via a five minute detour to drop off in Giffnock, parking just up the hill from the Sherbrooke.

Me and Dartford Senior have started going up earlier now just to ensure we get a space. And aye Thursday was brutal

It’s much worse than it used to be going past shields road subway, nowhere near as bad as other areas by sounds of things but the traffic lights just seem to have their flow completely wrong - it’s just as bad before the game too

I feel sorry for anyone who has to park that close for a particular reason, such as health or whatever else. Brutal.

Anyone else should be parking further away. When I’m walking back to the car, the amount of folk sitting in traffic is mad. And yet, I know I’m on the motorway before them. Fuuck that.

I’ve been parking for 10/15 years and I’ve yet to experience difficulty leaving Ibrox.

Additionally, even though I know every way home - I set my sat nav up on my phone, while walking back to the car. It very often re-directs me - as it did today; I usually just jump back on the slip road to the motorway but it told me to go a different way today.

It’s the same on the way go Ibrox - never experienced traffic. But I use my sat nav every single home game. In saying that, I do leave ridiculously early. Not everyone can.

Me and Dartford Senior have started going up earlier now just to ensure we get a space. And aye Thursday was brutal
Much better wasting time before the game, than sitting in traffic afterwards.

I have to be parked up 2 hours before the match. But those 2 hours go rapid. Plenty to get up to.

I was on wee Bobby's bus and we ended up going M77 and got dropped off in Kilwinning at 6:45.
Think it would have been wee Bobby's bus. We did towards Glasgow, up the 77, cut off at Silverburn through Barrhead to Beith and Dalry and home. Think folk were losing the will to live when we took that Beith turn off but there probably wasn't much in it time wise.

Was lucky enough to be back in Dumfries for 6.25. But the traffic situation will only get worse when the council force these parking restrictions in, if they fail to provide alternative avenues to travel to/from Ibrox.

where did you park to get away that quickly. I left at full time parked next to ground and I was still on the Kingston bridge at 6

It's been a real issue all season. Malmo game i got home at 11.45 and I only live behind the glasgow fort. Becoming a real issue as other posters have said.
That’s fuucking nuts. I’m EK and I’m on my couch within 35/40 mins of the FT whistle - every single home game.

You think that's bad?
I arrived home at 20.20 for what is normally a 30 minute journey!
I got caught in the M8 Westbound closure due to the fatal accident this morning but there were NO alerts going through Hillington to say the M8 Westbound was actually shut!
Farcical!

Now takes us an hour to get up Helen street and not back to Kelso until 10 past 8. Thursday night games we now leave at 3 when it used to be quarter to 4 and get back at 01.15. Beginning to put people off who have an early start never mind leaving work earlier to get to the game.

How much to park in the Crowne Plaza ?

Folk that are struggling with the traffic/parking spaces, I’m guessing a supporters bus isn’t suitable?

Heading up early for game today up m8 past beith and the tailbacks going opposite way was mental this was about 120.

How much to park in the Crowne Plaza ?
£5. We park up, if we are early we grab a pint, kids have a pee and we wander over. We've packed there for years. Out of car park, up onto Kingston Bridge as if you are heading to greenock but right off again at 1st exit and round past House of Sher and onto M74.

If taking the car, you need to be parked by 1pm (latest), for me.

But I appreciate not everyone can do that.

I park near the Pakistani Consulate. Left the house in Simshill at 2, parked for 20 past and in the ground for just before quarter to. Stayed until the end and was home for 25 past 5

Shieldhall Road (westbound) was at a complete standstill after the game today. Had to eventually turn round and head back towards the stadium, then cut down Craigton Road towards Elder Park, and then onto Govan Riad.

You think that's bad?
I arrived home at 20.20 for what is normally a 30 minute journey!
I got caught in the M8 Westbound closure due to the fatal accident this morning but there were NO alerts going through Hillington to say the M8 Westbound was actually shut!
Farcical!
It took us 3 hrs to get back to Helensburgh.

A heads up from the club regarding the M8 would have been helpful towards the end of the game.

As a general point, getting away has been terrible so far this season

I park there as well
Stop telling every c#nt about how good it is or they'll all park there and then it will be as bad as all the rest

I park near the Pakistani Consulate. Left the house in Simshill at 2, parked for 20 past and in the ground for just before quarter to. Stayed until the end and was home for 25 past 5
Yeah, that’s not bad at all.

I think it’s more routine. Folk who take the car every week probably know how best to avoid a lot of the traffic.

Bar a brief spell of taking a supporters bus, I’ve been parking in the same street for 10+ years and I’ve never had an issue getting home.

If I was regularly getting caught in traffic when going to/leaving Ibrox, I’d just get a supporters bus.

Back