Traffic Warning for tomorrow night

Papatango

Had to go to the airport around 4.30 this afternoon and traffic around Ibrox was an absolute nightmare.
Eastbound tailed back from the airport to Townhead & westbound huge tailbacks at all the off ramps around Ibrox.

Yesterday around the same time PRW & Govan Road were choka.

Leave plenty time Bears.

Its going to be bad tomorrow. Most traffic that would be going east can usually use the Clydeside Expressway as an escape route if its tailing back in the M8. Now there will be extra traffic in the M8 with no relief route. If something happens on the Kingston Bridge it will be game over. Traffic will be tailing back beyond the Airport.

Cheers for the heads up mate, have to work till half 4 so i dont leave Carlisle till quarter to 5 or so and hit the Glasgow side of the M74 about 10 past 6, last Thursday was bad enough getting off the motorway so looks like Shields Road park and ride for me tomorrow night

I was the best part of 9 hours there and back against Brondy, expecting longer tomorrow, will be giving the Ross County game a miss.

Cheers for the heads up mate, have to work till half 4 so i dont leave Carlisle till quarter to 5 or so and hit the Glasgow side of the M74 about 10 past 6, last Thursday was bad enough getting off the motorway so looks like Shields Road park and ride for me tomorrow night
Park on Vermount St and walk to the game.

Due to the nature of the distribution etc, with it being out of our control, surely they should be thinking about delaying kick off if it is that bad?

How do we think it will be coming up from Greenock and leaving the M8 at the Ibrox junction (at Asda)?
Today was dreadful throw the football traffic into the mix & …

I came back via Erskine Bridge & Gt Western which wasn't too bad so I suppose thats an option for you.

A lot of people will go up a bit earlier to lay flowers etc. Can see it being busy from quite early.

We will be heading over early, I imagine there will be tailbacks. The next few weeks will be chaos on the roads. We were at the Kings Theatre last night, tried joining the M8 westbound not realising the on ramp to the Kingston bridge was closed. Ended up diverted via Clydeside only to hit traffic leaving 02 Academy. Over half an hour to get on the M8, and that was at 10.30pm.

Need to get back to the airport by 8 after the Ross game,what do you think are the chances?I live in Wales so would appreciate any info.Also is there an alternate way back to the airport?Cheers

Need to get back to the airport by 8 after the Ross game,what do you think are the chances?I live in Wales so would appreciate any info.Also is there an alternate way back to the airport?Cheers
You could walk it and have plenty time to spare mate :D

Need to get to Edinburgh after the game.

Will jump on the motorway and head down the M77 and go round EK down past Blantyre and up over Bellshill.

Or will I be ok getting onto the 74 east boumd?

Not even going to bother driving tomorrow - train through to Queen Street then subway out.

If the games on tomorrow I can’t see the approach from the M74 being any worse than normal.
That said I will be heading north early afternoon so I can pay tribute before the game.

I’m the same. If so trail call off the strike the airport is half an hour walk from Paisley but I’m probably going to get the subway into town and the airport bus

Our bus is leaving Newcastle at 3.00 usually straight in on the M74 join M8 and off at Ibrox, other option is off at Hamilton through EK and in via M77 any advise troops?

any barriers to walking back into town after the game? i.e. are the various bridges open for pedestrians and ok to walk along the side of the river?
Have a look on the official web site there's info on what roads are open of closed.

Our bus is leaving Newcastle at 3.00 usually straight in on the M74 join M8 and off at Ibrox, other option is off at Hamilton through EK and in via M77 any advise troops?
If it’s only the expressway shut atm it shouldn’t have a massive impact. Expressway and then tunnel coming off the M8 isn’t a hugely used route. Coming from the south M74 I don’t see as being too problematic.
No longer live in Glasgow though so local bears better placed to advise.

any barriers to walking back into town after the game? i.e. are the various bridges open for pedestrians and ok to walk along the side of the river?
It may be a walk right along PRW and over the bridge at the bottom of Oswald Street if you are heading to-from the city centre.

If coming from west end (where I'm coming from) I will probably go through the clyde tunnel.

When I left work tonight at 5 I came on the motorway at renfrew heading towards erskine and traffic on the opposite side towards Ibrox wasnt moving at all

Last edited:
Back