Traffic Warning for tomorrow night

Need to get to Edinburgh after the game.

Will jump on the motorway and head down the M77 and go round EK down past Blantyre and up over Bellshill.

Or will I be ok getting onto the 74 east boumd?
M74 to Junction 4, then head for Ballieston roundabout onto M8.

How do we think it will be coming up from Greenock and leaving the M8 at the Ibrox junction (at Asda)?
I went up the M8 this morning and it took me about 45 mins to get from start of traffic build up (about half way between bishopton and the airport turn off), all the way to Ibrox turn off where it eased right up - normally that’s where I hit the queue.

Son did the route this evening to Uni and was as bad then unfortunately.

It may be a walk right along PRW and over the bridge at the bottom of Oswald Street if you are heading to-from the city centre.

If coming from west end (where I'm coming from) I will probably go through the clyde tunnel.
Wouldn’t you be better just taking the subway from the West End?

Additional roads issues for bears travelling back to Oban and North Argyll after the game. Night time closures due to roadworks on the A82 near Ardlui and also the A85 at Loch Awe. Both scheduled to be closed between 2000hrs and 0600hrs. Potential issues at rabt too due to weather so Old Military Road might come into play. Works amnesty on A85 at midnight and 0200 to let traffic through.

When I left work tonight at 5 I came on the motorway at renfrew heading towards erskine a
and traffic on the opposite side towards Ibrox wasnt moving at all
FFS! :))
Additional roads issues for bears travelling back to Oban and North Argyll after the game. Night time closures due to roadworks on the A82 near Ardlui and also the A85 at Loch Awe. Both scheduled to be closed between 2000hrs and 0600hrs. Potential issues at rabt too due to weather so Old Military Road might come into play. Works amnesty on A85 at midnight and 0200 to let traffic through.
Got caught out by the closure at Ardlui the other weekend.
Any buses still do that route heading north?

We are heading from Fife at 5. Any suggestions of alternative roads to use to get to Ibrox once we hit Glasgow other than M8 or M74 etc?

Finnieston St, Lancefield Quay and Squinty Bridge all still open for pedestrians only if your walking from West End / City Centre.

Wouldn’t you be better just taking the subway from the West End?
:D yep, but I will probably have a bit of time on my hands so plan to walkover then subway back.

If it's crap weather then I likely will do the most logical thing, subway both ways. :D

I would normally drive to Shields Road from Edinburgh and get the subway over from there for a midweek game. Anyone’s crystal ball see any issues with this? It usually gets tailed back a bit just before the junction.

:D yep, but I will probably have a bit of time on my hands so plan to walkover then subway back.

If it's crap weather then I likely will do the most logical thing, subway both ways. :D
There’s no if, it’s to be horrific weather the next 48 hours. It’s going to be chaos tomorrow night

Falkirk high station.
20 mins to queen street and massive car park front and back of the station.
Can see it being mobbed tommorow.

Same with croy

Park on Vermount St and walk to the game.
Vermont Street seems to be the best suggestion I have seem for my journey from Edinburgh - is there a good chance of getting parked there?

Don't mind the half hour walk at all as I usually park the other side of the squinty bridge (so my usual places are out of boundaries!)

Need to get back to the airport by 8 after the Ross game,what do you think are the chances?I live in Wales so would appreciate any info.Also is there an alternate way back to the airport?Cheers

I‘m also in Wales and decided to seatsub my ticket for the Ross County game and give it a miss. Travel will obviously be challenging. I was planning to drive originally but canned that idea given cop26 chaos. When I fly up I usually get the subway back into town then jump on the airport express bus which is a pretty regular, reliable and quick service. I’m not sure it will be as smooth that day though. I‘ve no alternative suggestions other than the usual Uber or taxi route. Perhaps a train to Paisley then jump in a cab if the city centre roads are at a standstill?

For tomorrow nights game, I’d love to be there to pay my respects to Walter but will have to do so from home. Bears able to get to Ibrox will definitely need to travel early.

Our bus is leaving at 15:15 from Montrose, usually 15:45 for a night time game. Hopefully get there in plenty time for the game but I'm not very hopeful!

I‘m also in Wales and decided to seatsub my ticket for the Ross County game and give it a miss. Travel will obviously be challenging. I was planning to drive originally but canned that idea given cop26 chaos. When I fly up I usually get the subway back into town then jump on the airport express bus which is a pretty regular, reliable and quick service. I’m not sure it will be as smooth that day though. I‘ve no alternative suggestions other than the usual Uber or taxi route. Perhaps a train to Paisley then jump in a cab if the city centre roads are at a standstill?

For tomorrow nights game, I’d love to be there to pay my respects to Walter but will have to do so from home. Bears able to get to Ibrox will definitely need to travel early.
Im flying from Bristol tomorrow and getting into the airport at 5:30 ish so hoping I get into town ok. Ross county I am driving back to Wales as the flights were no use and driving seemed easier.

Bells bridge is definetley closed, M77 M8 will be murder, massive delays on both motorways, Clyde tunnel will also be full of delays, all roads round the SECC will be either closed or full of delays, aswell as the paisley road west and Govan road. Its basically a stand still here. It will be worse next week.

Bells bridge is definetley closed, M77 M8 will be murder, massive delays on both motorways, Clyde tunnel will also be full of delays, all roads round the SECC will be either closed or full of delays, aswell as the paisley road west and Govan road. Its basically a stand still here. It will be worse next week.

Going to waken them all up.
Get them within the hour.
Should make it in time.
Only half an hour away.

Vermont Street seems to be the best suggestion I have seem for my journey from Edinburgh - is there a good chance of getting parked there?

Don't mind the half hour walk at all as I usually park the other side of the squinty bridge (so my usual places are out of boundaries!)
Aye there is loads of spaces just the later you get there the further away you will get from the footbridge over the motorways.

For midweek games I try to leave work in Edinburgh at 4 - 4:30 and drive to Shields Road and subway. Last Thursday it took over two hours but there was a smash on the Edinburgh Bypass. Hopefully it won’t be too bad to get there tonight

Anyone know if I’ll still be able to walk from exhibition train station to stadium or is it likely to all be closed off?

Tempted just to leave my car at my work and walk to Buchanan subway
Same I considered that , I drive in from the town after work, then back home to East Kilbride after.

I think people are gonna try all sorts but there's no escaping this, would rather just sit in my car and relax in traffic. I've told myself I'll get home for midnight anything earlier is a bonus

Don't take this as gospel but I believe the Bells bridge is closed but the Clyde Arc is open for pedestrians.
Good to know. Going to park at the NCP King Street on the East side of the city and walk from there. Know there are closer spots but coming into the city via the M80 avoids the M8 as you can just drive along the outside lane past all the merging traffic.

Need to get back to the airport by 8 after the Ross game,what do you think are the chances?I live in Wales so would appreciate any info.Also is there an alternate way back to the airport?Cheers
Walk along Shieldhall Road for 25 minutes and get the 77 bus to the airport. Most reliable way. If for some reason there's a problem when you get to bus stop, get an Uber. Traffic no problem by then.

Check bus times including live on the Traveline Scotland app.

Torture, a lot of the normal Expressway and tunnel traffic will be using the Erskine Bridge and M8

Thanks. I’m in Inverkip and I normally park over Bellahouston Park way. For a 19:45 kick off I’d normally leave at 17:15 to ensure I get parked. I have no idea when to leave tonight.

Our bus is leaving at 6pm for what is normally a 50 minute journey.

Hopefully it’s enough time.

I usually join the M8 just before the airport after leaving from North Ayrshire via the A737 but thinking maybe best to totally avoid the motorway tonight. Think I'll go through Barrhead and get to Paisley Road West via Corkerhill Road.

Whats the chances of getting parked in the Albion at 19:30.

I initially wasn’t going to make it tonight, but have managed to shuffle a few things about and get a favour from a colleague. Only thing is I am going to be cutting it really fine. Maybe more neat than I’d like if traffic is a riot.

I usually join the M8 just before the airport after leaving from North Ayrshire via the A737 but thinking maybe best to totally avoid the motorway tonight. Think I'll go through Barrhead and get to Paisley Road West via Corkerhill Road.
Corkerhill Road been shut for weeks mate.

Edit: apparently been reopened.

Back