Traffic Warning for tomorrow night

M8 will have extra traffic which will have a knock on to the M77.
My plan changed has changed back to driving through (@TeddyBear mentioned problems on the trains), but I'll probably head off the M74 at Polmadie and cut across the southside to Dumbreck. Don't want to get stuck in the inevitable chaos at the M8/M74/M77 junction.

Coming from the east end and usually park in at the Kinning Park industrial estate, reckon there'll be much traffic to contend with? Haven't been out and about in the car much in the last few days.

The traffic going through the M8 / M77 / M74 junction was at a standstill both ways last night when I tried to get home around 5pm. That's purely the knock-on effect of the Clydeside Expressway being closed. With an expected full house tonight at Ibrox it will be worse.

Anyone who doesn't think there will be issues, I hope you enjoy the second half :p

Traffic for weeknight games is bad enough at the best of times, tonight is going to be a shambles. I said this in the other thread, there is no reason for the squinty bridge to be closed tonight. All that is needed is to close the routes into the sec then reinstate the full cop closures tomorow.

I was dropping off at The QEUH at 6.30pm last night, came the M74 and the only issues were a slight delay off around 5 minutes coming off at J25 off slip on M8.

Obviously tonight will be busier but don't think it will be much worse than any other midweek game coming the M74.

N

Why did the SPFL schedule 2 home games for us during Cop26?
It is possible that the SPFL were granted the ok to do so by Police Scotland? Ross County is a low risk game but we should have been away IMO

Cop26 officially starts on on Sunday but there is restriction happening now

Looks like the League Cup Semi-finals were moved from this weekend to later in November unless the SPFL were looking at a Festive final?

Plus UEFA were blocked from scheduling any European games next week in Glasgow

Anyone reckon the M77 from East Kilbride will be busier than usual?.. usually cut off at Dumbreck Road.

I usually leave about 6.. maybe give myself an extra half hour.

We come down the M77 and onto Seaward Street and onto PRW.

Can't see there being much impact there.
The problem you will encounter is traffic tailing back
We come down the M77 and onto Seaward Street and onto PRW.

Can't see there being much impact there.
The problem is tailbacks of vehicles trying to get onto PRW. Once you get onto PRW westbound its a nose to tail crawl.
PRW is choka in both directions due to vehicles following East/West diversions from the Expressway closure.
Good luck.

Anyone reckon the M77 from East Kilbride will be busier than usual?.. usually cut off at Dumbreck Road.

I usually leave about 6.. maybe give myself an extra half hour.

Exactly the route will be taking this end as don't trust the public transport with the weather.

Everything is pointing towards it being mental :D

Decided to get the train but it looks like there are cancelletations because of the heavy rain thats just started again, this is going to be a nightmare

Was hoping to avoid driving this evening but Scotrail are advising major issues on the trains from Stirling area - Glasgow Queen St line - trains either cancelled or delayed considerably due to heavy rain.

Was hoping to avoid driving this evening but Scotrail are advising major issues on the trains from Stirling area - Glasgow Queen St line - trains either cancelled or delayed considerably due to heavy rain.
Think you would be better better getitng to Falkirk High or Croy - the high line seems to be aviding alot of delays

Drove from J6 to Braehead there.

No issues other than the weather on the M74.

Eastbound M8 heavily congested heading to the Kingston bridge.

Just got in from Paisley. Traffic very slow on the M8 from about the airport. It'll be bus and subway for me.

A bit OT but not worth a separate thread. Always wondered how you pronounce Polmadie - is it "Pole Maddy", "Pole Mah Dee" or the same with Pol (as in ball)?!

A bit OT but not worth a separate thread. Always wondered how you pronounce Polmadie - is it "Pole Maddy", "Pole Mah Dee" or the same with Pol (as in ball)?!

Mate of mine ripped the piss out of me for using the former.

It is -'pole - mah - Dee' although I think I still managed to get it wrong and pronounced it 'pawl'

Back