Trainers for a five year old

BagoBorealis

My eldest son has a football party at the weekend and is also getting into running.

So far he has just had Clarks/canvas shoes - what would be ok pair of trainers but not massively expensive? What do your kids have?

Just realised I'm getting old when I don't know what trainers are cool.

Head to a sports outlet (Nike at Livingston for example). You'll pick a pair up for £15. Failing that, Admiral from Sainsburys for about the same.

A five year old getting into running?

Don't five year olds just run about naturally anyway

I'm probably not the best person to advise here as my boys were into trainers early doors and it costs me a fortune!

5 year olds don't need cool trainers, but you could get him some Y3's.

Nike outlets do nice wee sneeks got my wee girls a pair for holidays 2yo and 4yo

5 year olds don't need cool trainers, but you could get him some Y3's.

Thanks.

This is true and why he's always had Clarks or cheap canvas. Was think of something Astro turffy. Don't have to be fancy and I like the idea of the Sainsbury's admiral ones.

As for running - yeah he is pretty active already but there is a free monthly running club locally which he enjoys.

Thanks.

This is true and why he's always had Clarks or cheap canvas. Was think of something Astro turffy. Don't have to be fancy and I like the idea of the Sainsbury's admiral ones.

As for running - yeah he is pretty active already but there is a free monthly running club locally which he enjoys.

If you want to toughen him up, Admiral's are the way to go.

Poor we bugger will get jumped the minute he walks through the school gates.

If you want to toughen him up, Admiral's are the way to go.

Poor we bugger will get jumped the minute he walks through the school gates.

That sounds like a tough school. Sauchie? :D

All the running I got when I was young was running from the scumbags in the area.

Thanks.

If he is into his running then you should probably take him and get him measured up for a better idea of his running style. Or buy him some Geox. :D

30 years earlier and you could have got the black sannies with the Rangers crest on them.

Staunch and saved your mammy a fortune. Even stauncher.

I buy my 4 year old Nike's from the Nike factory outlet at Tillycoultry, hate him wearing crappy trainers, they don't fit as well

Surely there is only one kid sports shoe for a 5 year old

unisex-slip-on-school-plimsolls-art-no-7231-black-and-white_2890792.jpg

Decathlon is decent mate. Not had a complaint yet and they do the big brands as well. I get quite a bit of gear in there from football supplies to badminton, cycling, rugby and camping. Return policy is amazing as well I got a racket and smashed it in a collision with another racket. Had it for nearly 2 years and they gave me a full refund.

Back