Training Clip (Kennedy & Patterson)

MSF

After the game in Dubai, Wes said in his interview that both were great in training and on some days Kai Kennedy was the best player.

Only a short clip, but it shows 4 passages of play that back Wes’ statement up.

First one Kennedy takes the ball, turns Edmundson outside and dinks the ball past Fod with the outside of his foot.

Second Kennedy drives in the space and plays a neat pass through Goldson & Katic to put Aribo in behind who finishes well.

Third & fourth clips are focused on crossing and Patterson plays a good ball in for Katic to score, before finishing well himself.

Reportedly Kennedy is now wearing a protective boot after injury against Huddersfield today.:(

Nice stuff from Barker at the end of that clip as well (or was it someone else?). Halliday apparently.

Last edited:
Was that Halliday at the end?

Some ping that.

Kennedy is a cracking player for sure.. just needs to be given time to grow and develop.

After the game in Dubai, Wes said in his interview that both were great in training and on some days Kai Kennedy was the best player.

Only a short clip, but it shows 4 passages of play that back Wes’ statement up.

First one Kennedy takes the ball, turns Edmundson outside and dinks the ball past Fod with the outside of his foot.

Second Kennedy drives in the space and plays a neat pass through Goldson & Katic to put Aribo in behind who finishes well.

Third & fourth clips are focused on crossing and Patterson plays a good ball in for Katic to score, before finishing well himself.

Class wee man

Kennedy seems to have a lot of natural ability.
I'm no 'you must be 6ft 2 at 14' guy but is his (lack of height and weight a small concern? Thankfully the days of players being told they need to be tall are behind us but it is still a physical game up here.

I really hope we get to see more of them both this year, even 10-15 mins if we are 2 or 3 up. Patterson may struggle to get games as Tav very rarely misses a match. The boy is pretty athletic though and puts great crosses in, wonder if he could play in front of tav.
Cracking finish from Halliday at the end.

Watch the full video and see an even better pass from Kai. Little chip through ball that Arfield failed to finish. delightful player to watch.

Would love to see some of our youths properly break into the first team, hard though when in the likes of Billy Gilmour you get big name clubs coming after you.

Both Kai and Nathan are fantastic prospects.

Kai has such a lovely touch and weight of pass but more importantly from what I’ve seen of him, he has great vision for a pass-exactly the sort of thing we are lacking in just now. Next season should see us hopefully starting to see more of him on a regular basis.

Nathan has all the attributes for a modern day wing back-tall, athletic, good engine and the fact that he actually looks up before crossing the ball instead of just lumping it in will stand him in good stead for forcing his way into our first team in the near future.

I’d love these guys to break into team. I genuinely think they are better back up than is currently on bench but I’ll trust Gerrard

I really hope we get to see more of them both this year, even 10-15 mins if we are 2 or 3 up. Patterson may struggle to get games as Tav very rarely misses a match. The boy is pretty athletic though and puts great crosses in, wonder if he could play in front of tav.

I hope Patterson starts, not just because of, but they crosses were good, everyone of them. I think he done enough v Stranraer to start the last game.

It's great to see an insight to the training, a lot of heavy passing drills. You can see that manifest its self in matches.

Brilliant stuff, just shows youths just want to excite and play football and have no fear, but let's not kid ourselves on that it's nothing more than a 5s style drill

Kennedy seems to have a lot of natural ability.
I'm no 'you must be 6ft 2 at 14' guy but is his (lack of height and weight a small concern? Thankfully the days of players being told they need to be tall are behind us but it is still a physical game up here.
If he can turn Edmundson and probably other Rangers defenders (the best in the League) then he'll do the same against the rest of the dross.

Only lack of opportunities will hinder him, hope they come.

Who is it we were desperate to sign up from our youths and was tipped as another Billy Gilmour as in going elsewhere?

Might only have been 5s training drills but it is great to see the camaraderie and team spirit that is now evident.

If he can turn Edmundson and probably other Rangers defenders (the best in the League) then he'll do the same against the rest of the dross.

Only lack of opportunities will hinder him, hope they come.
They’ll just boot %^*& out him unfortunately. Hopefully he fills out a good bit and we can get him in the team.

I hope Patterson starts, not just because of, but they crosses were good, everyone of them. I think he done enough v Stranraer to start the last game.

It's great to see an insight to the training, a lot of heavy passing drills. You can see that manifest its self in matches.
I hear what your saying but I think we will stick with Flanagan until Tav is back. The boy has loads of potential and his time will come but he doesn't need the pressure of doing it away to tynecastle. Imagine he cost us 2 or 3 points, his confidence would be shot. Our management team aren't daft, I fully trust them to do what's right by the team and the young lads.

Managed to get up to the Wrexham game & Kai was the main one I came home talking about. Great to see the young lads getting a chance. :))

I would like to watch a training session and see how good the players are when the match pressure isn't there and they are relaxed, having a kick about. For example, does Halliday score goals like that in training every week?

Who is it we were desperate to sign up from our youths and was tipped as another Billy Gilmour as in going elsewhere?
Is it Leon King you are thinking of?
Asked about him yesterday not seen anything on his situation.

Andy fucking LOVES being a Ranger doesn't he? When/if we get over the line this year I'll be especially happy for him. I mean, I'll be happy for all of them but, he has properly suffered the same heartache we all have as supporters the past few seasons.

I would like to watch a training session and see how good the players are when the match pressure isn't there and they are relaxed, having a kick about. For example, does Halliday score goals like that in training every week?

He's a professional footballer who's made it to Rangers. You dont get to that level unless you have a lot of ability. Goals like that will be scored in training every single day.

I dont think the average guy on the street realises how good our ''shite players'' actually are. If Halliday was to play a game of 5s or 7s with a group of guys from FF he would look like Messi. You would struggle to get near him.

In Jack's position, or Aribo's?

No chance of either.

In Jack's position, or Aribo's?

No chance of either.
Airbos, not Jack's. We've not seen enough of him to completely rule it out, afterall he did look decent in an attacking sense in the training vids. If we are wanting to blood youngsters then it's easier further up the park and not in a defensive role. No matter what I'd just love to see him get a run when opportunity permits, like I say at least 15-20 mins when we are a few up.

Airbos, not Jack's. We've not seen enough of him to completely rule it out, afterall he did look decent in an attacking sense in the training vids. If we are wanting to blood youngsters then it's easier further up the park and not in a defensive role. No matter what I'd just love to see him get a run when opportunity permits, like I say at least 15-20 mins when we are a few up.
That lot put the boy dembele on yesterday so why can't we what's the difference,if we are up easy enough breed Kennedy in let's see how he goes if he's as good as they say he will be fine i imagine

Back