Training ground visit: getting Gerrard's & McCallister's autographs for Lpool fans

scudetto_boy

Hi folks, I have just opened an account to ask this question: what time should I turn up at the training ground to get Stevie G's & Gary Mac's autograph's? I thought about getting there at 12 noon because I was told the training sessions last from 10am-12 noon but that could be wrong information!! I'm going up on Thursday (17th oct) & feel confident I would briefly meet them if I hung around for a couple of hours.

How does that all sound? ;) :) I'll log back in tonight to check any replies. Many many thanks for any guidance & advice etc!!!!

I don’t think the club let fans stand outside the entrance to the HTC for safety reasons nowadays. I could be wrong but I’m pretty sure it’s the case so I wouldn’t fancy your luck.

Players and staff are told not to stop outside the training ground.

It's all over before it has begun ;( Oh well, im better knowing now instead of going there Thursday lunch time & completely wasting my time!!! Thanks a lot everyone!! You have saved me a hassle & time etc etc

It's a shame really as I live nearby and used to go down years ago for autographs. Some would stop whereas others would carry on through the gates. It was just down to luck really. I can understand the change though as the main road past the training ground is mega busy at times and not somewhere you want cars getting held up or people floating about.

Anyone know how to go about getting a signed Steven Gerrard top? Long shot but would love to get one of these at one point. I wonder if his charity match shirt will be auctioned off!

The Training ground is a no go as posted above.

Combination of Gerrard stopping it and some daft lassies constantly hounding the players and getting a million things signed

Best bet is on match day after the game. Think SG and GMcC get their cars brought into the stadium and drive off that way though.

they are there even earlier now with the new facilities for the players. They meet for breakfast.

Forgot about that. All I recall is the Inside Ibrox videos showing the bus rolling up at 1230hrs or so. I'm not convinced getting them there TOO early is a great idea. Risk of boredom if they don't have a full 'programme' to keep them occupied.

Tbh I think the experts who are in charge will know better

LOL - stock answer number 3 on here it seems. Of course, we hope - and expect - that they do. It was nothing more than a simple observation.

Previously they did their 'pitch walk' 2 hours before kick-off (lets say 1300hrs) followed by a trip to the video suite for last-minute finessing of tactics etc, before going out for the warm-up. Add an hour or so in front of that for food and it makes sense, I get that. If they are having breakfast, as has been suggested, then I guess it depends what time you normally have breakfast. Maybe brunch would be a better description.

Easy to get Gary McAllister after the game. Always stops to sign anything/take photos.

Gerrard has his motor taken trackside after games so can’t be got at Ibrox.

Waitrose in Milngavie ;-)

from time to time

I used to work in the ASDA in Bearsden years ago and met loads of the players in there. To this day my worst moment as a Rangers fan took place in that building :(

Serving a guy that I immediately recognise as Filip Sebo. Give him the usual spiel, "Thanks for signing. Good luck." etc. and get an autograph, hand shake and go to serve the next guy. Sebo hangs about so I assume it must be his agent or something. Serve the guy and they leave. I go home, check the website and discover the 2nd guy was Sasa Papac who'd literally just signed. I had no idea and felt so embarrassed. Saw him again not long after and apologised but at the time I was ashamed as a Gers fan :))

Forgot about that. All I recall is the Inside Ibrox videos showing the bus rolling up at 1230hrs or so. I'm not convinced getting them there TOO early is a great idea. Risk of boredom if they don't have a full 'programme' to keep them occupied.

Our bus gets outside Ibrox approx. 11.30 and we usually see a lot of the players driving in the gates beside the Broomloan between 11.30 and 12.15 for a 3pm KO. Some will stop and sign stuff and have pics taken and some others will drive on in.

I used to work in the ASDA in Bearsden years ago and met loads of the players in there. To this day my worst moment as a Rangers fan took place in that building :(

Serving a guy that I immediately recognise as Filip Sebo. Give him the usual spiel, "Thanks for signing. Good luck." etc. and get an autograph, hand shake and go to serve the next guy. Sebo hangs about so I assume it must be his agent or something. Serve the guy and they leave. I go home, check the website and discover the 2nd guy was Sasa Papac who'd literally just signed. I had no idea and felt so embarrassed. Saw him again not long after and apologised but at the time I was ashamed as a Gers fan :))

God I feel for you mate reading that. I admire your honesty. Absolutely love SASA. He's one of the nicest most genuine Rangers players I've ever met. Your apology probably meant the world to him.

Did they only stop people hanging about outside the HTC Recently ?? I know someone went up just a couple years ago and got a top signed by a few players outside

Best Bet would be Ibrox ; Evening Kick off games during the week, players ( for the last one) go in around 12.30. They park in players car park behind Copland..

Stevie, in just after 12.15, although he parks at the Main Doors and someone takes his car round.

Source ? My wife she nearly ran into him. Shes a prick - doesn't seem to know you dont fight our boss for a parking space.

I bumped into Gary Mac and a few of the players recently around the same time. Gary was a true gent. As was Scotty A, Big Connor, Barisic and Defoe

Be warned, approach shagger at your peril, i am told he really doesnt like the whole autograph thing, and even comes in early to try to avoid it. Cant confirm this personally mind you...

Last edited:
By the way, a sincere thanks to everyone who contributed to this post for me. I really really appreciate it your input, time & guidance!!

Best Bet would be Ibrox ; Evening Kick off games during the week, players ( for the last one) go in around 12.30. They park in players car park behind Copland..

Stevie, in just after 12.15, although he parks at the Main Doors and someone takes his car round.

Source ? My wife she nearly ran into him. Shes a prick - doesn't seem to know you dont fight our boss for a parking space.

I bumped into Gary Mac and a few of the players recently around the same time. Gary was a true gent. As was Scotty A, Big Connor, Barisic and Defoe

Be warned, approach shagger at your peril, i am told he really doesnt like the whole autograph thing, and even comes in early to try to avoid it. Cant confirm this personally mind you...
Was on tour of Ibrox years ago with my son. At the end the concierge asked him if he wanted some players to sign his shirt (tour was morning of a sunday game, about time papers had shagger front page). A few of the players were more than happy to and took a few minutes to talk to my son. Shagger bolted straight away and concierge said he rarely signs stuff.

Your absolute best bet is to go to Ibrox and get a seat that's pitch side accessible. The players do a walk round the park at 1:30.

Was on tour of Ibrox years ago with my son. At the end the concierge asked him if he wanted some players to sign his shirt (tour was morning of a sunday game, about time papers had shagger front page). A few of the players were more than happy to and took a few minutes to talk to my son. Shagger bolted straight away and concierge said he rarely signs stuff.

Even though i'm a Liverpool fan, im really gonna show my naivety here but where does the name shagger come from regarding Stevie G? I did here he had a media super injunction out a few years ago due to an affair but just because it was on the internet, doesn't make it true y'know ;) So I blanked it :\

I didn't see the shagger front page-damn :(

[/QUOTE]

That sounds a bit out of order if he doesn't sign anything, I wonder how long that has went on for :\

Even though i'm a Liverpool fan, im really gonna show my naivety here but where does the name shagger come from regarding Stevie G? I did here he had a media super injunction out a few years ago due to an affair but just because it was on the internet, doesn't make it true y'know ;) So I blanked it :\
Shagger isnt Stevie G, I know nothing of the gaffers private life

SG is not Shagger, our shagger dives to the left then dives to the right and shags 2 birds a night, but that was when he was younger, changed days now.

Shagger ain’t Stevie G. It’s McGregor and you don’t need to be a rocket scientist to figure out why :D

Back