Training today

If that was prioritised before announcing to fans first then it's misguided at best. Nothing would change by announcing first or training being delayed as a result. A simple message on website or twitter would suffice.

In no way should a simple training session be priority over customers. Especially for a company who already have well documented communication issues with customers.

Some seriously daft takes the last few weeks but this is right up there.

In no way should a simple training session be priority over customers.”

I actually can't believe some are moaning he took a training session today before being officially announced. How can anyone draw a negative from that?

Before Rangers were ready to announce it the media team would have needed pictures taken, interviews etc for our in house content before releasing to media.

And given that today was the first day back for the players and Beale wanted them reporting for a session to be led by him at 2pm gives out the message to them all he is not for fukin about.

The extremely easy option would be to have let them all come in and doss about the gym whilst he does the media stuff and make tomorrow the first day.

I can only see positives in what Beale did today.
100% agree with this mate. Great post.

It sends the message that I might be your mate, but I'm also the manager, and that comes first.

Correct.

I find it embarrassing seeing the usual posters happy to forget all of his pish not just this season but every season he’s been here.

This season should be the final straw, no more chances as we know the next Morelos circus act will never be far away.
Lauders you really need to calm down on the Morelos chat haha

I would much rather he took training (his actual priority) and got to work with the players than get a twitter announcement a couple of hours earlier that actually changed nothing. We knew it was Beale from the weekend, when it was tweeted didnt make any difference. But, to the players, for them to see he demanded standards etc immediately, could be beneficial.

Part of the issue Beale is going to have is the transition from coach to manager in the eyes of the players.

The majority of them know him in the former role, but there are different behaviours and relationships required for the latter that can be difficult to surmount at times.

I know Walter managed it just fine and the hope is that our new manager can do the same, but how he handles that could be key to his success in the short to medium term.

Part of the issue Beale is going to have is the transition from coach to manager in the eyes of the players.

The majority of them know him in the former role, but there are different behaviours and relationships required for the latter that can be difficult to surmount at times.

I know Walter managed it just fine and the hope is that our new manager can do the same, but how he handles that could be key to his success in the short to medium term.
He has been away for a year so it may be easier than just walking into the job. He’s had a defined break from coach to manager.

He has been away for a year so it may be easier than just walking into the job. He’s had a defined break from coach to manager.
Most of the players will still see him as the coach though. He’ll need to navigate the transition to manager with a degree of subtlety and skill.

Back