Transfer Targets 2022/23 season

Rasmus Lauritsen would be brilliant signing to replace Goldson had a great season with Dinamo Zagreb

Sell someone for £20-25m and reinvest in a new CB, RW, ACM and ST around £4-5m each.
Would make a helluva difference to our overall quality.

I wonder if Gio will have much input to targets or is it left to Ross Wilson to identify players and maybe Gio gets final approval.

We definitely need to increase the number of goals from midfield/wide as it stands as we are too reliant on Morelos
He better have.

Sell someone for £20-25m and reinvest in a new CB, RW, ACM and ST around £4-5m each.
Would make a helluva difference to our overall quality.
With Hagi and Lowry I’m not convinced we need an ACM and I’m fairly relaxed about the defence too. I’d rather we pushed out the boat on a genuine classy RW who can make the difference, and a backup striker for Alfie.

Wonder if we’ll go back for the young lad at Man City we wanted in January, Lowry’s emergence hopefully means we won’t

If looking at youngsters then Liam Delap at Man City also looks like some talent. Some goal ratio for a 19 year old

Wonder if we’ll go back for the young lad at Man City we wanted in January, Lowry’s emergence hopefully means we won’t

If looking at youngsters then Liam Delap at Man City also looks like some talent. Some goal ratio for a 19 year old
As mentioned, that lot and City will be doing more deals now that Lawwell Jr jumped from City to the Tims.

Think he signed a new deal and is supposed to be in and about the first team squad.

I wonder if Kenedy at Chelsea is a realistic target. Always impresses and would be perfect if we went 3 at the back. Canny get a look in at Chelsea and has a year left on his deal.

I’m pretty sure he was rumoured to have knocked us back a few seasons ago for a loan move but times change.

McLaughlin
New GK
McCrorie

Tavernier
Devine
Bassey(New contract)
New LB

New CB

Souttar
Balogun (New contract 1year)
King

New CM
Kamara
Lundstram
Jack
Davis (New contract 1year)
Arfield
Sands

New Winger
New Winger

Sakala
Wright

Hagi
Lowry

Morelos (New contract)
Roofe
New ST

Sell – Aribo, Kent, Helander, Barisic, Itten, Simpson, Katic
I'd sell Kamara before Kent to be honest if we need to fund any moves but I can see both leaving. Selling them two and Aribo with the money we made in EL this season and from Patterson's transfer SHOULD give us an absolute meaty budget this summer.

Besides that, I wouldn't give Davis or Balogun new contracts and I'd let Sakala go as well if we got an offer.

With Hagi and Lowry I’m not convinced we need an ACM and I’m fairly relaxed about the defence too. I’d rather we pushed out the boat on a genuine classy RW who can make the difference, and a backup striker for Alfie.

As it stands our centre backs under contract for next year are two injury prone players in Helander and Souttar, and Leon King. Bassey can play there too but he could well be our first choice left back next season. The backbone of our defence, who wasn't out with any serious injury and barely missed a game in four years, is offski.

That's not a relaxing situation at all. We can't have two senior centre backs with a history of missing large portions of the season due to injury, certainly not without bringing in another senior centre back. Ideally we move Helander on and sign someone else, and King gets significant playing time.

Id quite like us to take a punt on the big lad at Sunderland, Ross Stewart.

He’s proved down south he can score goals, and assist. He’s scored up here too. He will be well aware of Rangers and how big we are as a club, and I reckon he would score a barrel-load up here if he gets the service from wide areas. He’s a physical presence too which we’ve lacked at times up top when Morelos isn’t fit.

I reckon he’s worth a punt.

Id quite like us to take a punt on the big lad at Sunderland, Ross Stewart.

He’s proved down south he can score goals, and assist. He’s scored up here too. He will be well aware of Rangers and how big we are as a club, and I reckon he would score a barrel-load up here if he gets the service from wide areas. He’s a physical presence too which we’ve lacked at times up top when Morelos isn’t fit.

I reckon he’s worth a punt.

That ship has sailed. He was 100% worth signing or getting a deal in place months ago. When it leaked the majority of folk on here were raging about it.

That ship has sailed. He was 100% worth signing or getting a deal in place months ago. When it leaked the majority of folk on here were raging about it.
It’s a pity that folk can’t see the type of player he is and the fact that he would be ideal for us. He’s physical yet deceptively quick, he has a good goal scoring ability and he’s proved down south he can mix it with physical defenders.

If Ross Wilson is worth his salt, he would be making enquiries if he hasn’t already.

It’s a pity that folk can’t see the type of player he is and the fact that he would be ideal for us. He’s physical yet deceptively quick, he has a good goal scoring ability and he’s proved down south he can mix it with physical defenders.

If Ross Wilson is worth his salt, he would be making enquiries if he hasn’t already.

Not at the price he’d cost. Talk of £5m plus.

Back