Transfer Targets 2022/23 season

Swift has 11 goals 13 assists in 33 games in a team who finished just above relegation from midfield.

Not one of our midfielders matches they numbers even aribo who played 57 matches.
This is why we need to start targeting players who are creative, possess a threat and have an end product.

This season I've never known our attackers to miss so many guilt edge chances.

As for Swift that's brilliant stats especially for a midfielder in the Championship.

This is why we need to start targeting players who are creative, possess a threat and have an end product.

As for Swift that's brilliant stats especially for a midfielder in the Championship.
One of our biggest problems we need to address as you say is the lack of goals from midfield.

We are over reliant on Kent, Morelos and Aribo to make things happen.

We need players who can create more and score from midfield. Its one thing those across the city have and we are badly missing.

Only down side to swift was he got a really bad hamstring injury last season (20/21). It then reoccurred and he missed 39 games in total.

One of our biggest problems we need to address as you say is the lack of goals from midfield.

We are over reliant on Kent, Morelos and Aribo to make things happen.

We need players who can create more and score from midfield. Its one thing those across the city have and we are badly missing.
We need more from the wide areas and a goal scoring number 10. Hopefully we can add a box to box midfielder someone with a shot in them.

Also need a proper back up striker/go to option to help and support Morelos.

As some have said before, I think Gio would aim at getting players with good technique as the Dutch value that highly, obviously they also have to be athletes too
You can always make good technical player stronger/faster, but you can’t make a strong/ fast player but can’t control a bag of tatties to have good technique

If Morelos stays I’d like us to back him up way some goal scoring wingers

Our current ones numbers are terrible for us playing 66 games this season

As someone said above we need to target the infers or central mids who have decent records like the boy swift

If he’s doing those kinda stats look at what we could make him into at us with the extra chances

Names in mine I don’t have any but one thing we don’t need is people with horrendous stats looking to make them into something they need a decent basis to improve on

Ive never seen anyone score from outside the box more.

Exactly whats needed when the bus is parked.

14 goals in the Championship is a good return. Seems like a good option
I agree with you, although it’s league 1. But you can still see that he might have the same quality in a division or two above.

Swift is similar to Ramsey when he's fit he's excellent but he's another player who has niggling injuries could be a Ramsey replacement but another risk and we also have Lowry who should be playing a lot of minutes next season

Burnley signed him for 12 million, we are not spending more than 8-10 on any player.

This, if we make big sales os the chance to finally start us on the road to sustainability. We must be taking advantage of Vos's knowledge of the Dutch youth (24 and under) and what he had at Ajax, there will be plenty who would love the jump to us now knowing we could be there way to the premiership and the riches it showers on players.
Hence why I referenced Burnley’s financial issues. They may need to sell him for less than they paid.

As long as we get a fee we have to get something back on him he had a good record in Switzerland so he will get a club back there no problem.
Im sure he has a brilliant international record as well. I think I read a while ago that he had a goal involvement every 45 mins or something

Alan Smith, heard it here first
Can’t beat the classics B-D

53-E57903-EC92-4-AD7-B40-C-C20-C786-D5489.jpg

Just seen that Niklas Stark is available on a free contract this summer from Hertha Berlin.

Possibly one to keep an eye on was very highly rated a few years back plenty of experience solid defender and good on the ball.

I see you too have played Football Manager
Never played FM just a name that i saw popped up and remembered not long ago he was quite a highly rated defender doesn't seem to have kicked on but has a good write up and has lot of games under his belt possible Goldson replacement I thought maybe it's a long shot but on a free transfer worth a go.

From down south Vydra, Swift and Jed Wallace on frees should be looked at.

We need 4-5 real quality signings for the first team though.

We’re gonna be playing 60 games next year again with any luck.
Was it Ross Wilson who tried to get Vydra a few years ago or was that the Mark Allen era?

8 goals in 82 games for Burnley according to Wikipedia..

Alan Nixon saying we’re waiting on a bid for Kent and we’re still lining up that boy from Bolton to replace him.

We need someone who is deadly from.set pieces and long/middle distance as it will mean teams.who try the low block will then have to start coming out of their shape

From teams we have played recently in europe, I would love to see either stanciu from slavia or katai from red star on the right of our front 3. Don't know what sort of fee they would command but we are surely a bigger draw than their current clubs.

Back