Transfer Targets 2022/23 season

From teams we have played recently in europe, I would love to see either stanciu from slavia or katai from red star on the right of our front 3. Don't know what sort of fee they would command but we are surely a bigger draw than their current clubs.
Wouldn’t be doing any business with Slavia and Katai has a somewhat interesting past with his wife and being a mad racist

Last edited:
I wonder if Gio will have much input to targets or is it left to Ross Wilson to identify players and maybe Gio gets final approval.

We definitely need to increase the number of goals from midfield/wide as it stands as we are too reliant on Morelos

You do realise that Sakala was signed as point 1 in your post?
Yes and my point was that we need to mix buying potential at a young age with maybe a 29 year old who is performing with other clubs, like Jakub in Asia, which was what my response was to.

I have a large collection of butt-plugs Rangers.

6-CF2-F6-D1-653-A-4251-B9-EB-D70-DF1-C1-AB6-A.jpg

Would be a massive mistake for Gilmour to go there. He's had an awful spell at Norwich, so the next move he makes needs to go right for him.

Lampard is going to get the boot from Everton next season. He's not a good manager and if Gilmour plays and struggles in a bad team, and the next Everton manager doesn't fancy him, it could send his career completely off the rails.

worst case scenario in 5/6 years he'll always have Rangers

worst case scenario in 5/6 years he'll always have Rangers
He won't always have Rangers. If he flops at two EPL clubs that get relegated and doesn't develop, I doubt we'd remain interested. He's looking at going to the Championship at that point, which is where careers go to die.

He's 21 now. The safe bet for him is to come back to us now, give us 2/3 years of great performances in Europe in a team set up to win and enjoy success. After that, everyone will remember why they loved him. He can then move on to the EPL at 24.

If he wastes another year with a shite Everton team, he'd be 22 and out of contract, destined for a spell in the Championship. By the time he rebuilds his career, he'll be too old to go into the EPL unless he's promoted in.

I'd rather we built a team round Lowry. Gilmour could be part of that
You don't build a side around a player like Lowry. He's the icing on the cake. A playmaker like Gilmour is what you build around. I think though that Chelsea will be a) looking to sell or b) offer him a new deal.

I'm starting the Xavi Simons hype train again:

Young, Dutch, will know Gio and Dave Vos, has seen we'll play youth, available on a Bosman so can fit into the mid/higher end of our wage structure.

I have a large collection of butt-plugs

Unexciting perhaps as it’s not an exotic name, but still keen on Regan Charles-Cook. Left winger so would fit nicely if Kent has other plans. He knows the league we play in and has a very good scoring record

McLaughlin
New GK
McCrorie

Tavernier
Devine
Bassey(New contract)
New LB

New CB

Souttar
Balogun (New contract 1year)
King

New CM
Kamara
Lundstram
Jack
Davis (New contract 1year)
Arfield
Sands

New Winger
New Winger

Sakala
Wright

Hagi
Lowry

Morelos (New contract)
Roofe
New ST

Sell – Aribo, Kent, Helander, Barisic, Itten, Simpson, Katic

McLaughlin
New GK
McCrorie

Tavernier
Devine
Bassey(New contract)
New LB

New CB

Souttar
Balogun (New contract 1year)
King

New CM
Kamara
Lundstram
Jack
Davis (New contract 1year)
Arfield
Sands

New Winger
New Winger

Sakala
Wright

Hagi
Lowry

Morelos (New contract)
Roofe
New ST

Sell – Aribo, Kent, Helander, Barisic, Itten, Simpson, Katic
If we sell that beautiful goth, I will fucking cut you Rosco

:)) Heh listen if the magnificent wee weirdo signs a new contract then I'll happily keep him.
IMO, we could afford to lose Kent domestically, he flatters to deceive. His goals scored are quite frankly embarrassing. Thankfully he upped his assists this season though.

He is still improving at 25, if we had a better RW I think it could also free up Kent a bit too.

In Europe though, he is one of our key components to our success. Hell bent Kent!

Was it Ross Wilson who tried to get Vydra a few years ago or was that the Mark Allen era?

8 goals in 82 games for Burnley according to Wikipedia..
Ross Wilson but Burnley pulled the plug at the last minute.

Stats are stats but that won’t be anywhere near 82 starts. He’s quality and has just been lost in a league with an excess of players at a club that probably didn’t suit him. All that said apparently the players couldn’t believe Dyce didn’t start him at the start of this season.

Latest posts

Back