Transfer Targets 2022/23 season

Difficult to think what will happen with Gilmour as he’s obviously a great prospect but the Norwich move didn’t go to plan. I’m sure they’d be plenty of interest in him if he does leave Chelsea and hopefully we’d be looking at him.

What i take from his Norwich move, is, hes better suited to a team that dominate possession... us in other words. Hes a talented kid. If he cant break into a top tier team, we make a lot of sense for both parties

What's a Gerrard signing? Aren't all signings / potential signings put up by Ross Wilson ?
Not really, you can tell transfers that seem like Gerrard signings - Lundstram, Simpson (coaching team admired him apparently), Kent, Ejaria, Roofe possibly

Can understand why folk think we'd be an attractive option to Gilmour - we would be great for his development. But I reckon he see's himself as a premier league player and will want to keep playing down south. He'll probably move on from Chelsea. Looks like he's in the last year of his contract (although they could have an option to extend as is quite common). My money is on another loan or a PL team buying him as Chelsea will be open to selling.

Last edited:
Gavin bazunu (Man City), souttar, Andreas maxso (brondby), brice wembangomo (bodo glimt), 1/2 midfielders, Ola Solbaaken (bodo glimt) and Ryan mmaee (ferencvaros) with barasic being sold on would be ideal

He's big in Edinburgh.
86280792.jpg

It's only realistic if he's signed a new deal with Chelsea. If he's going into the last year of his contract....would they let him go on loan?
Loan with obligation to buy maybe but a straight loan would be mental/ stupidity ( from a Chelsea perspective)
They'll give him a new contract to protect his value.

Would be looking at
James Tarkowski (29)- Free and Decent Goldson Replacement
Pascal Gross (30) - Free and Decent Davis Replacement
Gylfi Sigurdson (32) - Free and Extra creativity in fwd areas
Cucho Hernandez (23) - Free and much needed right sided fwd and a pal for Alfie

Wow what a list :))

Would be looking at
Have we not been linked with Tarkowski a few times in the past?

Would be looking at

Even if we overlook the obvious and terrifying inclusion here.

James Tarkowski will probably end up at a mid-table club in the Prem. Newcastle have been credited with interest in the past.

Pascal Gross will likely end up signing a new contract at Brighton. Heavily rumoured to do so.

Cucho Hernandez is highly rated and will likely end up being sold to a Premier League club or end up in Serie A or La Liga.

Would be looking at

Worst stool sample ever.

Tarkowski is heavily linked with Newcastle and has been for a long time.

Doubt we are in for him and suspect he’ll be announced at toon soon

Would be looking at

You are aware that Sigurdson isn’t playing right now because of legal issues?

Here's just some thoughts from me, anyone who knows me will know I follow European Football and the players named are one's I have actually seen! No Football Manager nonsense with me.

Potential Targets

Goalkeepers
Sam Johnstone (West Brom) Bosman Ruling
Benjamin Siegrist (Dundee United) Bosman Ruling
Andre Onana (Ajax) Bosman Ruling, leaving club after being banned for 12 months in February 2020 after testing positive for a banned substance. Top class keeper and shot stopper, constantly linked with Inter Milan

Defenders
Anel Ahmedhodzic (Malmo) Dependent on price, may have lowered since loan spell at relegated Bordeaux
Arthur Theate (Oostende) has spent this season on loan at Bologna, has two Belgian caps
John Souttar (Hearts) Bosman Ruling
Joris Gnagnon (St. Etienne) Free
Niklas Stark (Hertha Berlin) Bosman Ruling
Riechedly Bazoer (Vitesse Arnhem) Bosman Ruling
Sven Van Beek (Heerenveen) A player Van Bronckhorst knows well, contract due to expire in 2023
Valentino Lazaro (Inter Milan) Right full-back or midfielder, has spent the last 3 years on loan from Inter and needs a permanent move

Midfielders
Billy Gilmour (Chelsea) is it realistic???
Florian Grillitsch (Hoffenheim) Bosman Ruling
John Swift (Reading) Bosman Ruling
Razvan Marin (Cagliari) Romanian international midfielder, club recently relegated. Could be an expensive purchase option.
Octavian Popescu (Steaua) highly rated and likely therefore to prove expensive. More a number 10 than central midfielder.
Xavi Simons (Paris St Germain) Bosman Ruling, has not signed a new deal and this now looks unlikely that he will do so. Top talent who many teams will be looking at.

Wide Midfield/Wingers
Albert Gudmundsson (Genoa) Joined in January, however club recently relegated, potential bargain
Ola Solbakken (Bodo/Glimt) Bosman Ruling (December) or 1.5 million offer
Christian Pavon (Boca Juniors) Bosman Ruling
Manor Solomon (Shakhtar Donetsk) Likely to be too high in terms of both transfer and wages

Forwards
Scott Twine (MK Dons)
Thijs Dallinga (Excelsior) Top goalscorer in the Dutch 2nd division, only 21. 31 goals in 33 games so far this season
Dante Vanzier (Union S-G) Belgium international striker
Deniz Undav (Union S-G) Signed for Brighton in January 2022, could be available on potential loan deal
Eddie Nketiah (Arsenal) Bosman Ruling
Erik Botheim (Krasnodar) Available potentially on a free transfer
Erin Zahavi (PSV) Free, 34 years of age but has plenty of quality. Released at end of season by PSV
Jesper Karlsson (AZ Alkmaar) 15 goals, 12 assists this season
George Puscas (Reading) On loan at Pisa currently, strong target man type striker
Lois Openda (Vitesse Arnhem) On loan from Club Brugge, 18 goals for Vitesse this season
Superb Gaizka, get your CV in to Wilson!

Some 'ITK' guru on Rangersrumours.com is saying his 'source' has said we have offered a 3 year deal to alfie, a 4 year deal to bassey, aribo and kent and that all will likely sign.

he then ruins the post by claiming that Ramsey wants to come back on FF's favourite contractual basis - the 'Pay to Play'.

Despite this, people seem to trust this guy. Silly season underway already.

Would be looking at

Apologies for the other name suggested
Tarkowski going to Newcastle by all accounts.

Can understand why folk think we'd be an attractive option to Gilmour - we would be great for his development. But I reckon he see's himself as a premier league player and will want to keep playing down south. He'll probably move on from Chelsea. Looks like he's in the last year of his contract (although they could have an option to extend as is quite common). My money is on another loan or a PL team buying him as Chelsea will be open to selling.

I'd bet on him ending up at Everton

Like Senderos, Barton, Kranjcar, Alves and Martin.
Senderos - done
Barton - done/headcase
Kranjcar - done/playing in a lower tier in the USA.
Alves - treated pretty poorly, still getting in Portugal squads then went to play again in Serie A.
Martin - just a dreadful player.

Zahavi is still playing at a club similar to ours regularly, scoring goals and playing international football.

Senderos - done
Barton - done/headcase
Kranjcar - done/playing in a lower tier in the USA.
Alves - treated pretty poorly, still getting in Portugal squads then went to play again in Serie A.
Martin - just a dreadful player.

Zahavi is still playing at a club similar to ours regularly, scoring goals and playing international football.
Think Zahavi would be an excellent signing

Would be a massive mistake for Gilmour to go there. He's had an awful spell at Norwich, so the next move he makes needs to go right for him.

Lampard is going to get the boot from Everton next season. He's not a good manager and if Gilmour plays and struggles in a bad team, and the next Everton manager doesn't fancy him, it could send his career completely off the rails.

I don't think it's the craziest idea that he could end up back here.

Terrible spell at Norwich but I always found that a strange move anyway. He needs in a team that'll generally have a good amount of possession and he can dictate games. Norwich were just cannon fodder against everyone and a lot of the time they wouldn't even start him as they just went ultra defensive.

Back