Transfers in?

LoganBear

Official Ticketer
Potentially if we have a long run in Europe, cup replays, fixtures being cancelled because of weather and a potential international call off with Scotland’s play off games we could be looking at 25+ games crammed into a short period similar to 2008.

In a scenario like that the gaffer would have to use rotation a lot meaning game time for everyone. Also as said previously Morelos is a marked man with Scottish referees any future suspensions would be longer than 2-3 games if that happened at a key point in the season asking Defoe to play potentially away 3 times in a week is a gamble.
I know its a gamble and i do think we need a 3rd striker.

However with every game from now until the end of the season so important morelos will invariably start every game unless injured or suspended, possibly may see defoe start a couple of games at home against the lesser teams or in the cup.

The likliehood of a 3rd striker getting any reasonable game time is extremely low and therefore I dont think any EPL side is going to send us one of their players when the full reason they would send the player out on loan is becuase he is not getting gametime or even getting in the squad for the EPL games.

Not sure if possible but if we could get the young lad from stoke signed up on a pre-contract and then come to an arrangement with stoke to pay a few 100k extra to get him sooner then that would be ideal.

dudzo

Official Ticketer
I hope we add and we need to if the truth be told. Hopefully Stewart isn’t a bad one as I’m sure he would have been in line to get plenty of game time over the next week.

stephen ferris

This will most likely be nothing but Rangers called my work looking for a place for a new signing, they enquired about a flat at £800 pcm

I will try find out more as they haven't viewed yet, i think if it was a big signing they would be looking for something a bit more expensive but who knows.
Could it possibly be the New Head of Medical Matt Konopinski? I know he is currently in Scotland but maybe he is temporarily in a hotel until a flat is located. Keep us updated.

When the Solanke rumours were first kicking about I was genuinely excited.

Right now he doesn’t get in the team, and I know you were probably joking but I just wanted to say my wee piece :))
Solanke is absolutely p1sh. One of the most overrated strikers in recent history. How liverpool got £19m for him is mind boggling.

There is a thread about his recent form on the Bournemouth reddit page.

https://www.reddit.com/r/AFCBournemouth/comments/ennzh3

This will most likely be nothing but Rangers called my work looking for a place for a new signing, they enquired about a flat at £800 pcm

I will try find out more as they haven't viewed yet, i think if it was a big signing they would be looking for something a bit more expensive but who knows.
Are you sure you should be spreading that publicly?

Could be in breach of your contract and data protection laws.

Mancbear

I would get in shankland or Nisbet in. Give them 5 months to adjust to Rangers without any major pressure and play as and when needed. Given suspension and injury would probably still get 5-10 games.

BelfastRanger

After all the headlines and stuff that's been written about morelos you can guarantee Gerrard will be giving them nothing no info for headlines. I think we'll bring in one and it will be a high wages loan a right side attacker it will be a big one similar to Defoe I reckon
I not really getting where the clamour for a right sided attacker is coming from? We already have four yet have only four central midfielders up to the required standard. If we bring anyone in it has to be a midfielder, we are woefully short.

Forza_Napoli

I wouldn't mind us going for Eddie Nketiah from arsenal on loan until the end of the season hes strong bags of pace and can play on the right of a front three or through the middle so can cover two positions

DerekSSR

I'm starting to get anxious. Wilso has done a great job moving on some of the deadwood but he's yet to complete an incoming transfer.

2 weeks to do something big. Or gamble losing 55!
Can't be serious surely? Our squad is the strongest it's been for many years.

Starting Anew

Agree with LB and Forward but unless Flanagan is going can’t see another RB coming in with young Patterson showing potential.
Yeah. I would have put back up RB lowest priority in view of Patterson but we know Tav is out for a while (I’m always a bit suspicious of it being just 3 weeks) which prioritised it for me. If the management team feel Patterson is ready then no need for any other new player. Flanagan should not be first choice back up though.

Thebearman

I wouldn't mind us going for Eddie Nketiah from arsenal on loan until the end of the season hes strong bags of pace and can play on the right of a front three or through the middle so can cover two positions
He looks to be staying at Arsenal mate! Knocked back a few loans this week

SecondBestIsNothing

I still think he needs his Origi, a guy who will play anywhere across the front 3 and is loyal to Gerrard, the club and what we’re trying to achieve. Obviously that’s easier said than done when it comes to finding someone like him.

Tagsbear

We have great squad harmony cover in every position, unless it’s something remarkable that comes out of the blue I don’t see the point of just getting an body’ in.

LD5

We have great squad harmony cover in every position, unless it’s something remarkable that comes out of the blue I don’t see the point of just getting an body’ in.
I think a centre mid is necessary to be honest, I get that Edmundson can play there but he is the only centre back cover for the next month minimum and Aribo is playing far better up front. So we only have 4 centre mids for 3 positions, an injury leaves us no backup whatsoever.

Recoba

Official Ticketer
Could it possibly be the New Head of Medical Matt Konopinski? I know he is currently in Scotland but maybe he is temporarily in a hotel until a flat is located. Keep us updated.
Most likely, i really don't think its a big signing but of course i will let you all know when i find out.

ChristchurchBear

I think like most we have a fear of losing a player for any period of time and I am not sure we have enough between midfield and attack for cover.

Kent will get injured for a period of time going by his record and even if it’s for 2/3 games then we really are short.

I would like to see someone brought in for that reason but who is another matter

I think like most we have a fear of losing a player for any period of time and I am not sure we have enough between midfield and attack for cover.

Kent will get injured for a period of time going by his record and even if it’s for 2/3 games then we really are short.

I would like to see someone brought in for that reason but who is another matter
This is precisely why I think we should not be loaning our Murphy. He’s a proven goalgetter and creator in Scotland.

MearnsUnionist

I would get in shankland or Nisbet in. Give them 5 months to adjust to Rangers without any major pressure and play as and when needed. Given suspension and injury would probably still get 5-10 games.

They'd get nowhere near that amount of game time.

Defoe is currently our 2nd choice striker and he's barely had 10 games.

Forza_Napoli

Where would Aribo play then?
he fights it out for the right forward position or in midfield hes a young player being asked to play a new position in that right forward area. He might go off form which would be understandable or me might get injuries or suspension in midfield meaning he has to drop back to play in there

MearnsUnionist

We've got Kent, Aribo, Stewart, Jones Ojo and Barker all fighting it out for the 2 places playing off the striker.

We're more than covered there mate.

A 3rd choice striker wouldn't have kicked a ball in the 1st half of the season, so I definitely don't see anything getting spent in that area.

We currently have 5 quality midfielders (if you count Aribo) for the 3 positions.
You could argue that another player should be added for that area.

If we're bringing anyone in, that's where I'd like to see it.

ALittleBitOfTheBubbly

Without any pressure isn't happening this season. If you are in the first team squad, then you are exempt from that allowance.

Gers11

I don't think we need to bring anyone in this month. We have no need to go out and make any panic buys. We might need to spend 70m in the summer though to close that gap between us and the scum (remember that?) :rolleyes:
There's an old saying that if your club can afford to bring in quality players, do it when the team is playing well.
As it's easier for new players to settle into a winning team, and obviously more difficult if the team is struggling.
If we need 2 or 3 quality players, and there available, i think this is the time to do so.