Transfers in?

Let’s Go

The best thing is we are at. Point where we are about adding quality and not filler.

so hopefully each summer window now should be 3/4 qualityin, winter window 2 Bosmans perhaps andsell one or two for big bucks

laudrup94

Hopefully we either sign no one or we sign someone for the future. No more jersey/bench fillers and it feels like the days of Mark Allen stumbling around not knowing what he’s doing are well and truly gone. Get rid of the deadwood and crack on

bkerr72

I would get in shankland or Nisbet in. Give them 5 months to adjust to Rangers without any major pressure and play as and when needed. Given suspension and injury would probably still get 5-10 games.
I haven't seen Nisbet play but Shankland isnt good enough to play for us. He doesnt fit in the system Gerrard plays nor are we going to pay £2-3m quid for a guy that's not going to play or make the squad of 18 most weeks.

Shankland said himself in the summer any move he makes is about where he is going to play so I wouldn't see him signing for us anyway. For me it's also very telling he's playing in the championship and not for a team like Hearts or Hibs this year as well.

I dont think we will bring anyone in I think Gerrard is happy to go with what we have while reducing the squad size but he could also be playing his cards close to his chest.

ChildOfGod

id like to see opportunities for our best development players given some priority

would that be patterson , kelly , mayo and mcpake seeming to be the most likely ?

Mview83

Official Ticketer
I haven't seen Nisbet play but Shankland isnt good enough to play for us. He doesnt fit in the system Gerrard plays nor are we going to pay £2-3m quid for a guy that's not going to play or make the squad of 18 most weeks.

Shankland said himself in the summer any move he makes is about where he is going to play so I wouldn't see him signing for us anyway. For me it's also very telling he's playing in the championship and not for a team like Hearts or Hibs this year as well.

I dont think we will bring anyone in I think Gerrard is happy to go with what we have while reducing the squad size but he could also be playing his cards close to his chest.
Shankland would walk from Dundee to sign for us.

We won’t be paying £2m for him now though when we could have had him for free in the summer and decided against it after having him watched. I think we should have signed him and loaned him to a team like Motherwell but that’s gone now.

SuperGers07

Some plonker on clyde 1 just said it was a disgrace we haven't brought in anyone yet as the filth have spent 5 million. What an absolute throbber of a guy did he not watch the last 2 games against them?
Probably a tarrier. They aren’t improving their starting 11 in any shape. Signing some pole and a guy who looks about 35 from Africa won’t shift guys like Edouard and Brown from that side

bkerr72

Shankland would walk from Dundee to sign for us.

We won’t be paying £2m for him now though when we could have had him for free in the summer and decided against it after having him watched. I think we should have signed him and loaned him to a team like Motherwell but that’s gone now.
It's also far too big a risk for a guy that has never scored in the top flight as well to be spending £2m on.

Paisleybear30

Solanke is absolutely p1sh. One of the most overrated strikers in recent history. How liverpool got £19m for him is mind boggling.

There is a thread about his recent form on the Bournemouth reddit page.

https://www.reddit.com/r/AFCBournemouth/comments/ennzh3
I remember the constant rumours about Solanke when SG came in and people on another forum buzzing about him being a top signing. I couldnt understand it as he was pish any time id seen him.

Genuinely feel bad for the guy because he's clearly miles out his depth playing at the level he's at, looks as if he'd be a reasonable league 1 striker at best

AlanM1981

I think Gerrard will be playing his cards close to his chest during this window, the manky mob have started panic buying through fear of the team that’s already hung out them twice this season despite only winning once, they’ve spent £5.5 million on players that wouldn’t make our bench, we’ve managed to pull together a squad of international quality players, I fully understand that Sweden, Croatia, Nigeria, Canada, Colombia, Northern Ireland and Scotland may not be the best nations in the world but there is players in the majority of those nations playing in decent leagues around the world, our guys will benefit from that, this coupled with guidance from experience like McGregor & Defoe and Gerrard & McCallister who have many international caps between them will hopefully be enough to bring that league flag home, I’m not a big fan of international football but it is where the best in the world play, I think we’ll see someone coming in, let’s hope it’s another class act so we can sit back, relax and watch that Timplosion go full scale :)) WATP

I remember the constant rumours about Solanke when SG came in and people on another forum buzzing about him being a top signing. I couldnt understand it as he was pish any time id seen him.

Genuinely feel bad for the guy because he's clearly miles out his depth playing at the level he's at, looks as if he'd be a reasonable league 1 striker at best
At youth level he was meant to have been good, winning the golden ball at the u-20 world cup England won a few years ago, but he hasn't been able to make the step up to senior football. It's a similar story for Umar Sadiq.

Some guys do well at junior level because they grow taller and/or stronger faster than most of the others in their age group, so they dominate because they physically matured faster, not because they are technically better at football, but then they look bang average once everyone else in their age group catches up and reaches full physical maturation, the players with better technical ability who were slow to fully mature start to shine through.

People grown stronger and taller at different rates, Lukaku was almost fully grown when he was 13 and most of his peer group in Belgium were still tiny. But he did turn out a decent player at senior level despite his early physical advantages.

Paisleybear30

At youth level he was meant to have been good, winning the golden ball at the u-20 world cup England won a few years ago, but he hasn't been able to make the step up to senior football. It's a similar story for Umar Sadiq.

Some guys do well at junior level because they grow taller and/or stronger faster than most of the others in their age group, so they dominate because they physically matured faster, not because they are technically better at football, but then they look bang average once everyone else in their age group catches up and reaches full physical maturation, the players with better technical ability who were slow to fully mature start to shine through.

People grown stronger and taller at different rates, Lukaku was almost fully grown when he was 13 and most of his peer group in Belgium were still tiny. But he did turn out a decent player at senior level despite his early physical advantages.

I've always had a theory about Lukaku that because he was probably bigger, stronger and faster than everyone else his age that it hindered his technical development. He could rely on his physical attributes so never refined the other side of his game. He is a decent player but he is very rough round the edges.

I think the same about Walcott that his speed probably helped him shine and his technical skills never caught up

Cambuslangger

Which is exactly why it rips ma knitting when coaches of all sports bin players at 12-18 saying not big or strong enough. Justin Rose the golfer grew 3 ins between 18-20! Give the wee guys a chance FFS!

bigbluenose

Gerrard press conference basically said we are not signing anyone this window.
That's changed since last time saying possibly one.

waldo 1160

I understand that but its the same if Barisic gets injured aswell, we can replace like for like in most areas bar the fullback positions, thankfully we have a good run of games at home so hopefully we should be ok.
Left back we are short, but remember Flanigan is a top right back ! And an able left back, really looking forward to seeing him in his natural position.

Barrymoped

I really can’t see us bringing in anyone in this window, we don’t need squad fillers, we need first team starters and those guys are expensive in January.
I think at most we will get a guy in on loan.

MearnsUnionist

Just my opinion, i don’t think barker and ojo are good enough so id like to see someone come in.

They're currently probably 5th and 6th choice behind Kent, Aribo, Jones and Stewart for the 2 forward positions playing off the striker.

I doubt you'll get anyone better than them for so far down the pecking order.

Don't forget Ojo has chipped in with some vital goals and assists this season.

The beauty against Feyenoord being the perfect example.

Forza_Napoli

Gerrard gives nothing away to the media. See him do it before. Told them we weren’t looking at Flanagan and next things he signs
Also said Kent wouldn't be coming numerous times over the summer. I've got the feeling he's after something big hence why he's giving nothing away. I also think it will be quite late in the window

Nathan9719972

Also said Kent wouldn't be coming numerous times over the summer. I've got the feeling he's after something big hence why he's giving nothing away. I also think it will be quite late in the window
I wouldn’t get your hopes up, he seems definitive that no one is coming in

ICA_86

I want to see 2/3 more leave, not bothered about anyone else coming in although I’m not surprised to see the drama queen brigade get their tampons in a twist over Gerrard’s comments.

Valley Bluenose

I want to see 2/3 more leave, not bothered about anyone else coming in although I’m not surprised to see the drama queen brigade get their tampons in a twist over Gerrard’s comments.
Most ‘boring’ January transfer window for us in a while (so far) - and I’m delighted with that. It’s all about hanging on to our main men right now and shifting out some deadwood.

Recoba

Official Ticketer
Most ‘boring’ January transfer window for us in a while (so far) - and I’m delighted with that. It’s all about hanging on to our main men right now and shifting out some deadwood.
How times have changed, we are finally in a position now were we have a really strong squad and can now rely on more or less every player to stepin when required.

It has taken a while to get to this position but what a job Gerrard and the team have done.

From now on it will be quality over quantity in the transfer market

D

Deleted by own request member

How times have changed, we are finally in a position now were we have a really strong squad and can now rely on more or less every player to stepin when required.

It has taken a while to get to this position but what a job Gerrard and the team have done.

From now on it will be quality over quantity in the transfer market
I can’t wait for February. This must be the first time I’ve ever been happy not to sign anyone. I was reading their forum and they were saying we can’t sign players because we are skint etc they really are deluded and oblivious to the position we are in.

Burgh-Ger

I think we need another striker however I would prefer that he came from the u21’s if there is anyone ready to step up!!

i guess it all depends if someone moves out but it’s the first transfer window in a long time that I don’t care if we don’t sign anyone

Recoba

Official Ticketer
I can’t wait for February. This must be the first time I’ve ever been happy not to sign anyone. I was reading their forum and they were saying we can’t sign players because we are skint etc they really are deluded and oblivious to the position we are in.
Ha ha i know it makes it all the sweeter mate, for months they dismissed all of our results in europe etc and labelled every team we beat as being pish, not until the cup final did they start to realise but even then they still thought it was a one off.

Look at the state of them now though after the last game, the best and most powerful team in the land according to them now panicking to get 3 or 4 signings in.

We still have work to do and it won't be easy but i really am confident we can deliver the title and we will have years of fun enjoying their pain.

It will be sweeter than any title in our history

D

Deleted by own request member

Ha ha i know it makes it all the sweeter mate, for months they dismissed all of our results in europe etc and labelled every team we beat as being pish, not until the cup final did they start to realise but even then they still thought it was a one off.

Look at the state of them now though after the last game, the best and most powerful team in the land according to them now panicking to get 3 or 4 signings in.

We still have work to do and it won't be easy but i really am confident we can deliver the title and we will have years of fun enjoying their pain.

It will be sweeter than any title in our history
I honestly believe they will take a few years to recover if we win the league this year. They will turn against each other.

For me this would be better than our 9 in a row win.

Recoba

Official Ticketer
I honestly believe they will take a few years to recover if we win the league this year. They will turn against each other.

For me this would be better than our 9 in a row win.
Absolutely it would be our biggest league title ever for me, even if we didn't win the league again for another 4 years i would still be smiling but you are right if we win it this year i could see us winning a few in a row before they recover.

Thasunke Witko

Absolutely it would be our biggest league title ever for me, even if we didn't win the league again for another 4 years i would still be smiling but you are right if we win it this year i could see us winning a few in a row before they recover.
Hopefully by that time the Scottish government will look into the shenanigans that have went on at the piggery and they are hamstrung in some way or are thrown out of football altogether which would be better, I know it won’t happen but I’d like to think that it will all within those four years but like you , when we eventually cross the line as champions they won’t be able to hang on to our coattails

Themaruso

He didn't actually say we are not signing anyone, he said it will be a quiet month.. Quiet for us could well be 1 or 2 players in considering the amount we have previously had come in

Glendonagasaki

Official Ticketer
We dont NEED anyone, as i think anyone that comes in is most certainly 2nd/3rd choice. I.e, a signing like Nisbet or Majer.