Transfers in?

Someone from the EPL who's not getting much game time with their club will come in on loan for the 2of half of season in my opinion.

Would like to see the boy campbell from stoke to come in, maybe for a small fee in January, to add to the development squad. He’s a great young prospect but other than that, I don’t think we really need to make any major signings January. The squad is strong enough to sustain a title challenge. Is it the strongest squad we’ve ever had? No. Is it the most skilled squad we’ve ever had? No. But it’s got the character and the desire and will to win to match any of our strongest squads.
I believe truly that this team will carry us all the way, if all keep fit enough and keep the same mentality and the manager keeps doing what he’s doing I don’t really think we need to make any major changes. The only one position I worry about would be right back and left back. we have cover but we could do with a bit more quality there. Other than that we are fine.

Think theres a strong desire to open up pathways for youth to come through and be given a chance or at least to be seen to have a chance, otherwise the academy will lose motivation and our best young players will be tempted to leave.

I know its hard when the demands are so high on the first team, but if we keep bringing in players for even third choice places, then the conveyor belt will continue to fail.

Need a young left back as a back up for Borna in case of injury preferably papac is scouring the Balkans now as seems fertile ground for talent at low cost.
Also a young striker to back up Alfredo and Defoe .

Agree with those saying a high profile epl loan to try help us get that title back.

Its everything to get it

Campbell wouldnt be signed for the development squad. He's scoring goals in the championship and playing regularly.
He’s not going to depose Morelos though is he, if Morelos stays of course. He’ll be a deputy but he won’t be ready to throw in so he’ll play in reserves until he’s ready, surely? If we signed him of course!!

He’s not going to depose Morelos though is he, if Morelos stays of course. He’ll be a deputy but he won’t be ready to throw in so he’ll play in reserves until he’s ready, surely? If we signed him of course!!
Perhaps he can play in a front 3 ? i don't know i haven't seen much of him but as well as Aribo has been playing there is still room for a bigger goal threat from that right hand attacking position.

Perhaps he can play in a front 3 ? i don't know i haven't seen much of him but as well as Aribo has been playing there is still room for a bigger goal threat from that right hand attacking position.
There’s the possibility that aribo could be shifted back into midfield from time to time so you may well be right with that.
Even though it’s a cup game, the run in starts tomorrow. If the manager bloods some youngsters tomorrow, and they play well, he may well have a headache in terms of selections. But we need all our boys to be at the top of their games from now till May. This is it, from Friday onwards

I thought that we would only be looking at Pre-contract agreements for the summer during this window and moving some players on.

We've a very good youth set up, not many of them have been given a pathway to the main team so far and we have 28 "first team" players that probably needs to be cut down to either 24 or 25.

This will most likely be nothing but Rangers called my work looking for a place for a new signing, they enquired about a flat at £800 pcm

I will try find out more as they haven't viewed yet, i think if it was a big signing they would be looking for something a bit more expensive but who knows.

Rental prices are absolutely bonkers what does £800 get you? A wee 1 bed appartment in town?

In terms of a third striker maybe someone around the 19-21 mark who’s just outside of an EPL squad on loan but has potential.

Not knocking Stewart but he’s only scored 15 goals since August 2016. We saw last season in the league cup semi what happens if you don’t have strength in depth up front with Sadiq the only available striker we has that day and it costing us a place in the final.

If Morelos and Defoe were out at the same time however unlikely that might be we could face a potential scenario of going to old Trafford with Stewart as the only available striker in our squad for a last 16 Europa league tie.

Far too much on the line to just hope that we are lucky with injuries in the business end of the season.

The problem is we have 2 strikers who if fit are going to play.

Why would an EPL side send one of their promising youngsters up north to most likely not even get in the matchday squad most weeks - they would want him to get minutes.

Hopefully Tav heals up fast cause his cover is a bit iffy. A striker who can cover for both Alfie when the ref witch hunt starts and Defoe when he's cream crackered.

The problem is we have 2 strikers who if fit are going to play.

Why would an EPL side send one of their promising youngsters up north to most likely not even get in the matchday squad most weeks - they would want him to get minutes.

Potentially if we have a long run in Europe, cup replays, fixtures being cancelled because of weather and a potential international call off with Scotland’s play off games we could be looking at 25+ games crammed into a short period similar to 2008.

In a scenario like that the gaffer would have to use rotation a lot meaning game time for everyone. Also as said previously Morelos is a marked man with Scottish referees any future suspensions would be longer than 2-3 games if that happened at a key point in the season asking Defoe to play potentially away 3 times in a week is a gamble.

In order of priority:

With the outgoings, we badly need a midfielder either just as cover or, preferably, who can step in to challenge the incumbents. If the right player were available then we could go for a right sided forward so that Aribo becomes the additional midfielder.

If Tav’s time out is at all uncertain then we need a bit more cover at right back.

A back up striker has been needed for a while and the names being mentioned sound the right profile but it will be hard to find someone good enough willing to sit third in line.

A back up left back who can actually join the attack would be nice.

I think we’ll get one or - at most - two.
Agree with LB and Forward but unless Flanagan is going can’t see another RB coming in with young Patterson showing potential.

He can play in the spot Aribo is playing in. He's just turned 20 too. Too old for the reserves.

Gerrard always keeps his cards close to his chest, there will be an incoming player but i see no reason why it should hurt us, we have done very well so far with the squad we have.

Nothing to fear for the 2nd half of the season

agree with that, there’s no guarantees that someone coming in hits the ground running. Defoe and Davis last season at this time of year and took Borna a year to show his true quality.

Potentially if we have a long run in Europe, cup replays, fixtures being cancelled because of weather and a potential international call off with Scotland’s play off games we could be looking at 25+ games crammed into a short period similar to 2008.

In a scenario like that the gaffer would have to use rotation a lot meaning game time for everyone. Also as said previously Morelos is a marked man with Scottish referees any future suspensions would be longer than 2-3 games if that happened at a key point in the season asking Defoe to play potentially away 3 times in a week is a gamble.

I know its a gamble and i do think we need a 3rd striker.

However with every game from now until the end of the season so important morelos will invariably start every game unless injured or suspended, possibly may see defoe start a couple of games at home against the lesser teams or in the cup.

The likliehood of a 3rd striker getting any reasonable game time is extremely low and therefore I dont think any EPL side is going to send us one of their players when the full reason they would send the player out on loan is becuase he is not getting gametime or even getting in the squad for the EPL games.

Not sure if possible but if we could get the young lad from stoke signed up on a pre-contract and then come to an arrangement with stoke to pay a few 100k extra to get him sooner then that would be ideal.

I hope we add and we need to if the truth be told. Hopefully Stewart isn’t a bad one as I’m sure he would have been in line to get plenty of game time over the next week.

This will most likely be nothing but Rangers called my work looking for a place for a new signing, they enquired about a flat at £800 pcm

I will try find out more as they haven't viewed yet, i think if it was a big signing they would be looking for something a bit more expensive but who knows.

Could it possibly be the New Head of Medical Matt Konopinski? I know he is currently in Scotland but maybe he is temporarily in a hotel until a flat is located. Keep us updated.

When the Solanke rumours were first kicking about I was genuinely excited.

Right now he doesn’t get in the team, and I know you were probably joking but I just wanted to say my wee piece :))

Solanke is absolutely p1sh. One of the most overrated strikers in recent history. How liverpool got £19m for him is mind boggling.

There is a thread about his recent form on the Bournemouth reddit page.

Are you sure you should be spreading that publicly?

Could be in breach of your contract and data protection laws.

After all the headlines and stuff that's been written about morelos you can guarantee Gerrard will be giving them nothing no info for headlines. I think we'll bring in one and it will be a high wages loan a right side attacker it will be a big one similar to Defoe I reckon
I not really getting where the clamour for a right sided attacker is coming from? We already have four yet have only four central midfielders up to the required standard. If we bring anyone in it has to be a midfielder, we are woefully short.

I wouldn't mind us going for Eddie Nketiah from arsenal on loan until the end of the season hes strong bags of pace and can play on the right of a front three or through the middle so can cover two positions

I'm starting to get anxious. Wilso has done a great job moving on some of the deadwood but he's yet to complete an incoming transfer.

2 weeks to do something big. Or gamble losing 55!
Can't be serious surely? Our squad is the strongest it's been for many years.

Agree with LB and Forward but unless Flanagan is going can’t see another RB coming in with young Patterson showing potential.

Yeah. I would have put back up RB lowest priority in view of Patterson but we know Tav is out for a while (I’m always a bit suspicious of it being just 3 weeks) which prioritised it for me. If the management team feel Patterson is ready then no need for any other new player. Flanagan should not be first choice back up though.

I wouldn't mind us going for Eddie Nketiah from arsenal on loan until the end of the season hes strong bags of pace and can play on the right of a front three or through the middle so can cover two positions
He looks to be staying at Arsenal mate! Knocked back a few loans this week

I still think he needs his Origi, a guy who will play anywhere across the front 3 and is loyal to Gerrard, the club and what we’re trying to achieve. Obviously that’s easier said than done when it comes to finding someone like him.

We have great squad harmony cover in every position, unless it’s something remarkable that comes out of the blue I don’t see the point of just getting an body’ in.

Back