Transfers in?

We have great squad harmony cover in every position, unless it’s something remarkable that comes out of the blue I don’t see the point of just getting an body’ in.
I think a centre mid is necessary to be honest, I get that Edmundson can play there but he is the only centre back cover for the next month minimum and Aribo is playing far better up front. So we only have 4 centre mids for 3 positions, an injury leaves us no backup whatsoever.

Could it possibly be the New Head of Medical Matt Konopinski? I know he is currently in Scotland but maybe he is temporarily in a hotel until a flat is located. Keep us updated.
Most likely, i really don't think its a big signing but of course i will let you all know when i find out.

I think like most we have a fear of losing a player for any period of time and I am not sure we have enough between midfield and attack for cover.

Kent will get injured for a period of time going by his record and even if it’s for 2/3 games then we really are short.

I would like to see someone brought in for that reason but who is another matter

I think like most we have a fear of losing a player for any period of time and I am not sure we have enough between midfield and attack for cover.

Kent will get injured for a period of time going by his record and even if it’s for 2/3 games then we really are short.

I would like to see someone brought in for that reason but who is another matter

This is precisely why I think we should not be loaning our Murphy. He’s a proven goalgetter and creator in Scotland.

I would get in shankland or Nisbet in. Give them 5 months to adjust to Rangers without any major pressure and play as and when needed. Given suspension and injury would probably still get 5-10 games.

They'd get nowhere near that amount of game time.

Defoe is currently our 2nd choice striker and he's barely had 10 games.

Where would Aribo play then?
he fights it out for the right forward position or in midfield hes a young player being asked to play a new position in that right forward area. He might go off form which would be understandable or me might get injuries or suspension in midfield meaning he has to drop back to play in there

We've got Kent, Aribo, Stewart, Jones Ojo and Barker all fighting it out for the 2 places playing off the striker.

We're more than covered there mate.

A 3rd choice striker wouldn't have kicked a ball in the 1st half of the season, so I definitely don't see anything getting spent in that area.

We currently have 5 quality midfielders (if you count Aribo) for the 3 positions.
You could argue that another player should be added for that area.

If we're bringing anyone in, that's where I'd like to see it.

I would get in shankland or Nisbet in. Give them 5 months to adjust to Rangers without any major pressure and play as and when needed. Given suspension and injury would probably still get 5-10 games.

Without any pressure isn't happening this season. If you are in the first team squad, then you are exempt from that allowance.

I don't think we need to bring anyone in this month. We have no need to go out and make any panic buys. We might need to spend 70m in the summer though to close that gap between us and the scum (remember that?) :rolleyes:

There's an old saying that if your club can afford to bring in quality players, do it when the team is playing well.
As it's easier for new players to settle into a winning team, and obviously more difficult if the team is struggling.
If we need 2 or 3 quality players, and there available, i think this is the time to do so.

The best thing is we are at. Point where we are about adding quality and not filler.

so hopefully each summer window now should be 3/4 qualityin, winter window 2 Bosmans perhaps andsell one or two for big bucks

Hopefully we either sign no one or we sign someone for the future. No more jersey/bench fillers and it feels like the days of Mark Allen stumbling around not knowing what he’s doing are well and truly gone. Get rid of the deadwood and crack on

I haven't seen Nisbet play but Shankland isnt good enough to play for us. He doesnt fit in the system Gerrard plays nor are we going to pay £2-3m quid for a guy that's not going to play or make the squad of 18 most weeks.

Shankland said himself in the summer any move he makes is about where he is going to play so I wouldn't see him signing for us anyway. For me it's also very telling he's playing in the championship and not for a team like Hearts or Hibs this year as well.

I dont think we will bring anyone in I think Gerrard is happy to go with what we have while reducing the squad size but he could also be playing his cards close to his chest.

id like to see opportunities for our best development players given some priority

would that be patterson , kelly , mayo and mcpake seeming to be the most likely ?

Heard we are working on a loan for Solanke.

tenor.gif

I haven't seen Nisbet play but Shankland isnt good enough to play for us. He doesnt fit in the system Gerrard plays nor are we going to pay £2-3m quid for a guy that's not going to play or make the squad of 18 most weeks.

Shankland said himself in the summer any move he makes is about where he is going to play so I wouldn't see him signing for us anyway. For me it's also very telling he's playing in the championship and not for a team like Hearts or Hibs this year as well.

I dont think we will bring anyone in I think Gerrard is happy to go with what we have while reducing the squad size but he could also be playing his cards close to his chest.

Shankland would walk from Dundee to sign for us.

We won’t be paying £2m for him now though when we could have had him for free in the summer and decided against it after having him watched. I think we should have signed him and loaned him to a team like Motherwell but that’s gone now.

Some plonker on clyde 1 just said it was a disgrace we haven't brought in anyone yet as the filth have spent 5 million. What an absolute throbber of a guy did he not watch the last 2 games against them?
Probably a mentally challenged. They aren’t improving their starting 11 in any shape. Signing some pole and a guy who looks about 35 from Africa won’t shift guys like Edouard and Brown from that side

Shankland would walk from Dundee to sign for us.

We won’t be paying £2m for him now though when we could have had him for free in the summer and decided against it after having him watched. I think we should have signed him and loaned him to a team like Motherwell but that’s gone now.

It's also far too big a risk for a guy that has never scored in the top flight as well to be spending £2m on.

Solanke is absolutely p1sh. One of the most overrated strikers in recent history. How liverpool got £19m for him is mind boggling.

There is a thread about his recent form on the Bournemouth reddit page.

I remember the constant rumours about Solanke when SG came in and people on another forum buzzing about him being a top signing. I couldnt understand it as he was pish any time id seen him.

Genuinely feel bad for the guy because he's clearly miles out his depth playing at the level he's at, looks as if he'd be a reasonable league 1 striker at best

I think Gerrard will be playing his cards close to his chest during this window, the manky mob have started panic buying through fear of the team that’s already hung out them twice this season despite only winning once, they’ve spent £5.5 million on players that wouldn’t make our bench, we’ve managed to pull together a squad of international quality players, I fully understand that Sweden, Croatia, Nigeria, Canada, Colombia, Northern Ireland and Scotland may not be the best nations in the world but there is players in the majority of those nations playing in decent leagues around the world, our guys will benefit from that, this coupled with guidance from experience like McGregor & Defoe and Gerrard & McCallister who have many international caps between them will hopefully be enough to bring that league flag home, I’m not a big fan of international football but it is where the best in the world play, I think we’ll see someone coming in, let’s hope it’s another class act so we can sit back, relax and watch that Timplosion go full scale :)) WATP

I remember the constant rumours about Solanke when SG came in and people on another forum buzzing about him being a top signing. I couldnt understand it as he was pish any time id seen him.

Genuinely feel bad for the guy because he's clearly miles out his depth playing at the level he's at, looks as if he'd be a reasonable league 1 striker at best

At youth level he was meant to have been good, winning the golden ball at the u-20 world cup England won a few years ago, but he hasn't been able to make the step up to senior football. It's a similar story for Umar Sadiq.

Some guys do well at junior level because they grow taller and/or stronger faster than most of the others in their age group, so they dominate because they physically matured faster, not because they are technically better at football, but then they look bang average once everyone else in their age group catches up and reaches full physical maturation, the players with better technical ability who were slow to fully mature start to shine through.

People grown stronger and taller at different rates, Lukaku was almost fully grown when he was 13 and most of his peer group in Belgium were still tiny. But he did turn out a decent player at senior level despite his early physical advantages.

At youth level he was meant to have been good, winning the golden ball at the u-20 world cup England won a few years ago, but he hasn't been able to make the step up to senior football. It's a similar story for Umar Sadiq.

Some guys do well at junior level because they grow taller and/or stronger faster than most of the others in their age group, so they dominate because they physically matured faster, not because they are technically better at football, but then they look bang average once everyone else in their age group catches up and reaches full physical maturation, the players with better technical ability who were slow to fully mature start to shine through.

People grown stronger and taller at different rates, Lukaku was almost fully grown when he was 13 and most of his peer group in Belgium were still tiny. But he did turn out a decent player at senior level despite his early physical advantages.

I've always had a theory about Lukaku that because he was probably bigger, stronger and faster than everyone else his age that it hindered his technical development. He could rely on his physical attributes so never refined the other side of his game. He is a decent player but he is very rough round the edges.

I think the same about Walcott that his speed probably helped him shine and his technical skills never caught up

Which is exactly why it rips ma knitting when coaches of all sports bin players at 12-18 saying not big or strong enough. Justin Rose the golfer grew 3 ins between 18-20! Give the wee guys a chance FFS!

Gerrard press conference basically said we are not signing anyone this window.
That's changed since last time saying possibly one.

I understand that but its the same if Barisic gets injured aswell, we can replace like for like in most areas bar the fullback positions, thankfully we have a good run of games at home so hopefully we should be ok.
Left back we are short, but remember Flanigan is a top right back ! And an able left back, really looking forward to seeing him in his natural position.

I really can’t see us bringing in anyone in this window, we don’t need squad fillers, we need first team starters and those guys are expensive in January.
I think at most we will get a guy in on loan.

Just my opinion, i don’t think barker and ojo are good enough so id like to see someone come in.

They're currently probably 5th and 6th choice behind Kent, Aribo, Jones and Stewart for the 2 forward positions playing off the striker.

I doubt you'll get anyone better than them for so far down the pecking order.

Don't forget Ojo has chipped in with some vital goals and assists this season.

The beauty against Feyenoord being the perfect example.

Gerrard gives nothing away to the media. See him do it before. Told them we weren’t looking at Flanagan and next things he signs
Also said Kent wouldn't be coming numerous times over the summer. I've got the feeling he's after something big hence why he's giving nothing away. I also think it will be quite late in the window

Also said Kent wouldn't be coming numerous times over the summer. I've got the feeling he's after something big hence why he's giving nothing away. I also think it will be quite late in the window
I wouldn’t get your hopes up, he seems definitive that no one is coming in

I want to see 2/3 more leave, not bothered about anyone else coming in although I’m not surprised to see the drama queen brigade get their tampons in a twist over Gerrard’s comments.

Back