Transfers in?

I want to see 2/3 more leave, not bothered about anyone else coming in although I’m not surprised to see the drama queen brigade get their tampons in a twist over Gerrard’s comments.

Most ‘boring’ January transfer window for us in a while (so far) - and I’m delighted with that. It’s all about hanging on to our main men right now and shifting out some deadwood.

Most ‘boring’ January transfer window for us in a while (so far) - and I’m delighted with that. It’s all about hanging on to our main men right now and shifting out some deadwood.
How times have changed, we are finally in a position now were we have a really strong squad and can now rely on more or less every player to stepin when required.

It has taken a while to get to this position but what a job Gerrard and the team have done.

From now on it will be quality over quantity in the transfer market

How times have changed, we are finally in a position now were we have a really strong squad and can now rely on more or less every player to stepin when required.

It has taken a while to get to this position but what a job Gerrard and the team have done.

I can’t wait for February. This must be the first time I’ve ever been happy not to sign anyone. I was reading their forum and they were saying we can’t sign players because we are skint etc they really are deluded and oblivious to the position we are in.

I think we need another striker however I would prefer that he came from the u21’s if there is anyone ready to step up!!

i guess it all depends if someone moves out but it’s the first transfer window in a long time that I don’t care if we don’t sign anyone

I can’t wait for February. This must be the first time I’ve ever been happy not to sign anyone. I was reading their forum and they were saying we can’t sign players because we are skint etc they really are deluded and oblivious to the position we are in.
Ha ha i know it makes it all the sweeter mate, for months they dismissed all of our results in europe etc and labelled every team we beat as being pish, not until the cup final did they start to realise but even then they still thought it was a one off.

Look at the state of them now though after the last game, the best and most powerful team in the land according to them now panicking to get 3 or 4 signings in.

We still have work to do and it won't be easy but i really am confident we can deliver the title and we will have years of fun enjoying their pain.

It will be sweeter than any title in our history

Ha ha i know it makes it all the sweeter mate, for months they dismissed all of our results in europe etc and labelled every team we beat as being pish, not until the cup final did they start to realise but even then they still thought it was a one off.

Look at the state of them now though after the last game, the best and most powerful team in the land according to them now panicking to get 3 or 4 signings in.

We still have work to do and it won't be easy but i really am confident we can deliver the title and we will have years of fun enjoying their pain.

It will be sweeter than any title in our history

I honestly believe they will take a few years to recover if we win the league this year. They will turn against each other.

For me this would be better than our 9 in a row win.

I honestly believe they will take a few years to recover if we win the league this year. They will turn against each other.

For me this would be better than our 9 in a row win.
Absolutely it would be our biggest league title ever for me, even if we didn't win the league again for another 4 years i would still be smiling but you are right if we win it this year i could see us winning a few in a row before they recover.

Absolutely it would be our biggest league title ever for me, even if we didn't win the league again for another 4 years i would still be smiling but you are right if we win it this year i could see us winning a few in a row before they recover.
Hopefully by that time the Scottish government will look into the shenanigans that have went on at the piggery and they are hamstrung in some way or are thrown out of football altogether which would be better, I know it won’t happen but I’d like to think that it will all within those four years but like you , when we eventually cross the line as champions they won’t be able to hang on to our coattails

He didn't actually say we are not signing anyone, he said it will be a quiet month.. Quiet for us could well be 1 or 2 players in considering the amount we have previously had come in

We dont NEED anyone, as i think anyone that comes in is most certainly 2nd/3rd choice. I.e, a signing like Nisbet or Majer.

They're currently probably 5th and 6th choice behind Kent, Aribo, Jones and Stewart for the 2 forward positions playing off the striker.

I doubt you'll get anyone better than them for so far down the pecking order.

Don't forget Ojo has chipped in with some vital goals and assists this season.

The beauty against Feyenoord being the perfect example.

Although stats never tell the full story, Ojo has 5 goals and 7 assists in 19 starts/29 appearances.

Not a bad return at all.

I think we'll go big on pre contracts again theres always quality to be had where we can spend a bit more on wages as we know the quality ones will bring a profit further down the line.

Plus it will be the first summer where we'll probably bring in 4/5 players maximum no more rebuilds every summer

Although stats never tell the full story, Ojo has 5 goals and 7 assists in 19 starts/29 appearances.

Not a bad return at all.
I have a feeling Ojo might just spark into action after this break, there is no doubt he has ability its just a confidence/attitude thing with him just now but i saw the way he was celebrating when we beat them on the 29th so you can tell he does want to be a success here.

He just has to give a bit more on the pitch and get his confidence up, i know his stats are quite decent but most of the goals and assists came right at the start of the season and during the euro qualifiers.

I haven't given up on him completely but he does have to up his game a great deal.

Wages freed up from King, Murphy & Docherty should allow us to go & bring someone in, whether that’s permanent or on loan.

Grezda too. Forgot about him.

Some of that will be a balancing of the books though, our squad was and still is too large.

[/QUOTE]
I have a feeling Ojo might just spark into action after this break, there is no doubt he has ability its just a confidence/attitude thing with him just now but i saw the way he was celebrating when we beat them on the 29th so you can tell he does want to be a success here.

He just has to give a bit more on the pitch and get his confidence up, i know his stats are quite decent but most of the goals and assists came right at the start of the season and during the euro qualifiers.

I haven't given up on him completely but he does have to up his game a great deal.
I think he still has a major contribution to make.

We dont NEED anyone, as i think anyone that comes in is most certainly 2nd/3rd choice. I.e, a signing like Nisbet or Majer.
We should always look for better if we need or not. Id say we could do with a right sided forward to come in.
I tnink well bring in a defender on loan and maybe a low cost striker.

I'd be delighted with someone like Majer in if it's possible,and maybe a pre-contract agreed for the summer.

There could be as many as eight or nine out in the summer,and I expect five to have been shed by January end first-but we've definately been top heavy with players so that's necessary.

Agree with @Forza_Napoli above suggesting around five to come in this summer,and some of thise squad players at that.Much easier than whole rebuilding jobs as well surely.

Ojo playing the way he is currently is absolutely a confidence issue imo.

He's dangerous when he's on form, should be given a run of appearances soon.

While our first team is excellent, I worry that if we were affected badly by injury, we dont have the cover in certain areas,for instance,what if Defoe picks up an injury during Alfie's suspension,,or Kent picks up an injury at the same time,,I would like 1 more forward in,I know we dont have massive funds but this could backfire on us ,maybe costing us money in the long run

I'm still backing Ojo and so is Stevie.

Sorry but Greg Stewart is not ahead of him in the pecking order either.

I know who Stevie would throw in if we where playing in Europe or against the filth

I think we need another striker however I would prefer that he came from the u21’s if there is anyone ready to step up!!

i guess it all depends if someone moves out but it’s the first transfer window in a long time that I don’t care if we don’t sign anyone
I suspect Gerrard sees Stewart as a third option. I’d still like an aerial threat off the bench. We will get games where we are struggling to break down 11 behind the ball and the nice stuff just isn’t working.

I suspect Gerrard sees Stewart as a third option. I’d still like an aerial threat off the bench. We will get games where we are struggling to break down 11 behind the ball and the nice stuff just isn’t working.

Whilst Stewart can certainly offer something (he has ability to get into space in the games when teams sit deep and defend all the time), he doesn't seem to have any sort of pace to be able to get away from defenders and I wouldn't like to contemplate him as being classed as an out and out striker to rely on, if anything were to happen to Morelos or Defoe.

Very interesting article from H+H on possible Morelos replacement,highlighting two players in particular-

Shon Weismann and Florineal Coman.

Personally I'd like to see us sign both as the latter sounds more like a 'wide forward'.

They're currently probably 5th and 6th choice behind Kent, Aribo, Jones and Stewart for the 2 forward positions playing off the striker.

I doubt you'll get anyone better than them for so far down the pecking order.

Don't forget Ojo has chipped in with some vital goals and assists this season.

The beauty against Feyenoord being the perfect example.
You really think Ojo and Barker are behind Stewart in the minds of the management mate? Can't see it, they seem to continuely choose one or the other to either start or come off the bench ahead of him. Thats been my only issue all season. The use of subs.

Btw I think Ojo will and is a good player, we just haven't got the time to give him the patience he needs. We need players to do it now.

Very interesting article from H+H on possible Morelos replacement,highlighting two players in particular-

Shon Weismann and Florineal Coman.

Personally I'd like to see us sign both as the latter sounds more like a 'wide forward'.
I take it this is for the summer ?

Reactions: cav
SG has him there for his spirit and character not for his footballing ability. As evidenced by the amount of times this season he's used him. He's nowhere near good enough.
Andy is very much like McCulloch was, great servants to the club,and had/have a lot more ability than most give them credit for. IMHO.

You really think Ojo and Barker are behind Stewart in the minds of the management mate? Can't see it, they seem to continuely choose one or the other to either start or come off the bench ahead of him. Thats been my only issue all season. The use of subs.

Btw I think Ojo will and is a good player, we just haven't got the time to give him the patience he needs. We need players to do it now.

Depends on who and where we're playing mate.

If we're away from home and we're looking to counter quick then Ojo and Barker are ahead.

However, if it's against a deep lying defensive team at Ibrox, then Stewart's craft and movement is far more of an asset than speed merchants with no space to run in behind.

I'm not convinced Ojo and Barker are good enough to be sufficient cover in the wide areas.

Was hoping for another wide player to come in this window, even on loan.

Depends on who and where we're playing mate.

If we're away from home and we're looking to counter quick then Ojo and Barker are ahead.

However, if it's against a deep lying defensive team at Ibrox, then Stewart's craft and movement is far more of an asset than speed merchants with no space to run in behind.
I get what you're saying mate but I've yet to see evidence of Barkers speed or him do anything other than get pushed off the ball. Ojo has had his moments but many times has looked like a deer in the headlights. Both have been wasted jerseys many times yet still they get brought on before Stewart in the games after.

I think at times we have tried to shoehorn players who haven't been good enough into a system rather than adapt the system to the players we have.

Just my one minor criticism of our use of subs this season.

Good summary Recoba.

Frustrating but talented. Decision making poor at times.

Andy is a valuable player for any Rangers team. He has the heart of a lion and hates the papes which is a good thing. How many times have we seen him tackle one of them in the first couple of minutes and set the tone for the game. I don't know if he sings The Sash while on the bench but I wouldn't be surprised if he did if just to give them the gee up they need.

I would take glen Murray on a short term deal. Not getting much game time lately, great target man and can bang them in. Just a suggestion

Reactions: cav
Mate there's no way he's good enough to play in our midfield within system mate -) Doc is a better player and he can't do it. We need better.
I'm talking about Ojo who is an attacker and can't be compared with a midfielder like Docherty, i did say on his form the past few months he hasn't been anywhere good enough or deserved a place in the team but that i think he might come good in the 2nd half of the season

Based on the fact that i can see he has ability but has only shown it maybe 20% of the time he has played.

His confidence has been shot

Whilst Stewart can certainly offer something (he has ability to get into space in the games when teams sit deep and defend all the time), he doesn't seem to have any sort of pace to be able to get away from defenders and I wouldn't like to contemplate him as being classed as an out and out striker to rely on, if anything were to happen to Morelos or Defoe.
I agree totally. Nor is he dominant in the air. I see him as a second striker.

I'm talking about Ojo who is an attacker and can't be compared with a midfielder like Docherty, i did say on his form the past few months he hasn't been anywhere good enough or deserved a place in the team but that i think he might come good in the 2nd half of the season

Based on the fact that i can see he has ability but has only shown it maybe 20% of the time he has played.

His confidence has been shot
Sorry man didnt mean to quote you. This site is full of adverts my phone screen is constantly shifting up and down between adverts fs! Very annoying.

I was talking about Halliday to another guy.

Back