Transfers state of play?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dorrans, Lafferty, Rossiter and Grezda told to find new clubs...allegedly!
Only quote is Gerrard saying we have 28 senior players, board haven't said anything but he knows it's too many.
In - centre back surely 1 more?
Centre forward?
Kent still interested but Gerrard saying Klopp will be having a look at him
Left back, possibly not urgent but I read an interview with Vignal saying he had left his youth coach role and was currently scouting for a left footed LB until his contract expires, said how difficult it is to find good ones!!

We'll be shipping players out now.

Still working on a deal for Kent.

I'd imagine we will be keeping a close eye on EPL squads being announced and looking to take someone who's not going to feature down south.

The number and quality of any new arrivals will depend on qualification for the group stage of the Europa league IMHO.
Getting those surplus to requirement out the door will also be a factor.
I would like to see a third striker added as a matter of urgency

After Aribo is done I would imagine we’ll start to move players out to free up potential wages for later in the window.

The squad does need trimmed in some places as well. Hopefully if we can free up 30-40k a week that might put us in a position to get better quality in near the end of the window.

We have more than enough to get past the first two rounds in the Europa league as things stand so it’s probably waiting for Kent and another player on loan from the EPL before the window shuts barring any players being sold.

Aribo will most likely be our last signing until we can shift players out the door to free up wages and space in the squad

I'd loan Ross McCrorie out also tbh

Leaving us a bit light in the midfield possibly, with Dorrans and Rossiter moving on?

It only leaves Davis, Jack, Kamara, Aribo and Doc to cover probably 2 games a week for the rest of the year, assuming Arfield starts the season in the position he finished last season.

Aribo finishing touches

Kent has meeting with Liverpool this week

Holt, Lafferty, Grezda, Rossiter, Robbie McCrorie, Middleton, Dodoo all negotiating moves away either permanently or on loan

That’s roughly where we are at
How many more do you get the impression we might look at if we can shift on all those mentioned?

Dorrans, Lafferty, Rossiter and Grezda told to find new clubs...allegedly!
Only quote is Gerrard saying we have 28 senior players, board haven't said anything but he knows it's too many.
In - centre back surely 1 more?
Centre forward?
Kent still interested but Gerrard saying Klopp will be having a look at him
Left back, possibly not urgent but I read an interview with Vignal saying he had left his youth coach role and was currently scouting for a left footed LB until his contract expires, said how difficult it is to find good ones!!
Is Vignal leaving

Would like to clarify Morelos's situation as soon as possible. Ideal if he is staying, but f he is leaving we need time to find a replacement,

The number and quality of any new arrivals will depend on qualification for the group stage of the Europa league IMHO.
Getting those surplus to requirement out the door will also be a factor.
I would like to see a third striker added as a matter of urgency

I think you've nailed it here. With the play off round draw being made on August 5th, and the games being played 3 days before the windows closes on August 31st, we may be holding off to see how likely we are to qualifying, as well as what wages we free up, before bringing in any last minute big names.

The one position no one has mentioned I think we may sign is a backup goal keeper. It looks like both Alnwick and Fod are away for first team football. And if McRorie goes too that only leave Firth. I don’t know enough about him to comment as to whether he could fill the roll if Greg’s gets injured for 3 months!

The one position no one has mentioned I think we may sign is a backup goal keeper. It looks like both Alnwick and Fod are away for first team football. And if McRorie goes too that only leave Firth. I don’t know enough about him to comment as to whether he could fill the roll if Greg’s gets injured for 3 months!

We're not in the market for a goalie. I don't think both Alnwick and Foderingham will leave. If one goes I hope it's Alnwick as Wes is a more competent back up.

All depends on Wes' thoughts on his situation I suppose. Gerrard loves him and his attitude and McGregor won't be around for ever. In fact I think if we win the title this year McGregor will be off or retire.

Assuming Robbie McCrorie and Middleton are loan moves and we have no intention of selling those players.

Surprised Alnwick hasn't been told to go as well.

I'm wondering if the reason we are holding back on any large value transfers is to wait and see what happens with Kent. If we had a budget of £10M this summer and Liverpool were open to selling Kent for ~£7M, I could see that being a goer. I know many will see that as an unlikely valuation of the player but with Gerrard's connection, there could be reason for Liverpool to deal with us at that kind of price with a number of add ons such as European appearances, trophies won and of course a large % of sell on? He may be seen as the marquee signing this summer.

Is Vignal leaving
Hard to make out mate, he's quit coaching to concentrate on scouting but I don't know if he will be scouting long term for us or is only helping out until his contract expires. Seems strange because he was seemingly valued and promoted to assist with the U18s who are getting all the rave reviews and won the league. Anyway here's an article it's from the DR but I cannot copy and paste on the phone

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.da...gregory-vignal-lifts-lid-rangers-16501433.amp

Holt, Lafferty, Grezda, Rossiter, Robbie McCrorie, Middleton, Dodoo

Perm, perm, perm, loan, loan, loan, perm?

Or is it time for Rossiter to move on? Such a shame it hasn't work out, obviously a talented player but just can't get fit for us.

I struggle to understand how threads go wrong with the admin team in here.

They disappear without reason! Surely the posts can be deleted without the thread

Getting players out now will be the focus and getting deals that is right for the club once this has been done three more will join a LB CB and a STR

I'm wondering if the reason we are holding back on any large value transfers is to wait and see what happens with Kent. If we had a budget of £10M this summer and Liverpool were open to selling Kent for ~£7M, I could see that being a goer. I know many will see that as an unlikely valuation of the player but with Gerrard's connection, there could be reason for Liverpool to deal with us at that kind of price with a number of add ons such as European appearances, trophies won and of course a large % of sell on? He may be seen as the marquee signing this summer.

I'd be concerned if we were spending 7M on Kent. He may be worth that in the English market but without their TV money if we are spending that kind of money on a player (which I doubt) I'd hope it was on someone more consistent and with a better end product than Kent.

Think we just have to accept that best we can hope for is another season on loan, if he produces on a more consistent basis than last year then it would suit all parties.

Aribo finishing touches

Kent has meeting with Liverpool this week

Holt, Lafferty, Grezda, Rossiter, Robbie McCrorie, Middleton, Dodoo all negotiating moves away either permanently or on loan

That’s roughly where we are at

If we could get that sort of movement out it would be great. Do we know how well these are progressing?

I’d guess that Rossiter would find someone willing to take a gamble fairly easily so long as we don’t want a big fee. And McCrorie and Middleton should get loans no bother. Dodoo was meant to be fairly popular at Blackpool so could hopefully go back there even on loan. No idea how Holt got on but he usually seems to get a loan at least.

Grezda and Lafferty would be the biggest issues given wages and the ones we most want away for the same reason. Is there anything on the horizon for them?

I struggle to understand how threads go wrong with the admin team in here.

They disappear without reason! Surely the posts can be deleted without the thread

Admin don't have time to delete the amount of shite that the usual suspects posted on the Aribo thread.
They(usual suspects)ruin it for everyone because of their need to feel important.

Net spend looks like it's going to be extremely low again?

Hard to say as yet. We need another centre back and another striker (though it would be a 3rd choice striker if Alfie stays). Let’s wait till the end of the window before commenting.

I’m also very happy is we can significantly upgrade our squad for buttons. If Ojo is better than Kent, any combination of our wingers score 20 goals between them, Stewart covers any Arfield absence with 5 goals and Aribo drags our midfield up the park and scores double figures then i’d reckon the league is ours.

These will not definitely happen. But none are particularly outlandish hopes.

I'd be concerned if we were spending 7M on Kent. He may be worth that in the English market but without their TV money if we are spending that kind of money on a player (which I doubt) I'd hope it was on someone more consistent and with a better end product than Kent.

Think we just have to accept that best we can hope for is another season on loan, if he produces on a more consistent basis than last year then it would suit all parties.
7mil. Divide by 4 = Kent imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back