Travel Club Query

Pepe Silvia

My old man has booked flights to Villarreal. Due to work commitments me and him share a season ticket, although it is in my name but registered at his address. I know the points systems of the travel club mean he’d be bottom of the list for any tickets but if he signed up with his passport number/photo would he able able join the travel club and collect tickets okay?

I’m unlikely to be able get away anytime soon so wouldn’t mind it would mean I couldn’t join

I’ve booked independently for Villareal and have still to hear from travel club regarding a ticket. I’m on 3 points with previous trips away.
I’ve heard today my son and some others are booked to go with Thomas Cook official travel
and have already been told they are getting a tickets despite being on 0 points .
Will be totally pissed off if I don’t get one from travel club as the previous trips I went on I had to go independantly as they didn’t even do official travel for those games.

Best bet would be for you to join the TC and upload a picture of him on your pc/laptop then you'll get a TC card in your name but with his photo which is all he'll need to collect the ticket in Spain

I’ve booked independently for Villareal and have still to hear from travel club regarding a ticket. I’m on 3 points with previous trips away.
I’ve heard today my son and some others are booked to go with Thomas Cook official travel
and have already been told they are getting a tickets despite being on 0 points .
Will be totally pissed off if I don’t get one from travel club as the previous trips I went on I had to go independantly as they didn’t even do official travel for those games.

Emails to register interest are out on Friday according to the SLO. As I’m aware nobody has been told they are getting a ticker, regardless of being booked with Thomas Cook. Somebody will know better than me, but my understanding is that you are only registering your interest with Thomas Cook and the club has the final say on who gets tickets/seats on planes.

Best bet would be for you to join the TC and upload a picture of him on your pc/laptop then you'll get a TC card in your name but with his photo which is all he'll need to collect the ticket in Spain

The only problem there is people are still waiting on TC membership cards coming out from the initial registration. That would mean you would be left with no valid photographic ID to pick up the ticket. To be honest, I’d be surprised if an Indy traveller got a ticket on 0 points.

The only problem there is people are still waiting on TC membership cards coming out from the initial registration. That would mean you would be left with no valid photographic ID to pick up the ticket. To be honest, I’d be surprised if an Indy traveller got a ticket on 0 points.
True enough mate

Passport for ID then

I would question why they are re-opening it when realistically those on low points have no chance of Villarreal and Vienna tickets I’m on 5 points n I reckon I could struggle for Vienna

Emails to register interest are out on Friday according to the SLO. As I’m aware nobody has been told they are getting a ticker, regardless of being booked with Thomas Cook. Somebody will know better than me, but my understanding is that you are only registering your interest with Thomas Cook and the club has the final say on who gets tickets/seats on planes.
Everyone on the plane gets a ticket.

I would question why they are re-opening it when realistically those on low points have no chance of Villarreal and Vienna tickets I’m on 5 points n I reckon I could struggle for Vienna
It might help fill the official flights as people on 0 points may only have the chance of a ticket that way and most people prefer indy where possible

It might help fill the official flights as people on 0 points may only have the chance of a ticket that way and most people prefer indy where possible

Yes your correct on that point but what I’m seeing n reading is most are going independent to Spain and Austria zero points have no chance of tickets independently so they are paying £20 for zilch

Yes your correct on that point but what I’m seeing n reading is most are going independent to Spain and Austria zero points have no chance of tickets independently so they are paying £20 for zilch
That's a consideration you have to make when joining. I'm not saying it's right but they will always fill the official flight first and indy on low or no points will always miss out when there is not enough tickets. The only plus point is that you used to get a point if you get a knock back

Sounds like Thomas Cook talking pish to be honest. It will depend on how many folk apply for the official trip and what points they all have, the Travel Club and not Thomas Cook decide that.

Even if the plane is full of folk with more than 0 points ?
If 0 pointers are on the plane they get a ticket over an indie on 5 points. It all depends whether they 0 pointers are accepted onto the plane.

That's a consideration you have to make when joining. I'm not saying it's right but they will always fill the official flight first and indy on low or no points will always miss out when there is not enough tickets. The only plus point is that you used to get a point if you get a knock back
I assume this is still the case or you'll never get off of 0 points.

But if we continue to progress then they might start getting allocated, if your in it now, then stay in it for years to come.

I assume this is still the case or you'll never get off of 0 points.
Yes but the explanation is in a round about way. Everyone who registers an interest gets a point then you lose it if you don't buy when offered or don't pick up

How do I earn new points?

Travel Club members earn one point for registering interest. Any subsequent ticket allocations must be both paid for and collected to retain the point, otherwise the point will be deducted. Ticket cancellations will also result in point deduction.

But if we continue to progress then they might start getting allocated, if your in it now, then stay in it for years to come.
That's correct and is one of the fairest ways. In the past if you applied for every game and went to those you were allocated a ticket for then you would be on maximum points after 2 seasons even if you missed games because you weren't allocated a ticket

Bingo it’s greed £20 from guys who won’t see a ticket this season
If that was the case and they applied for the 3 tickets they would be on 3 points after the group stages and well in front of people who only join next season. Anyone joining now must know that would be likely.

Thinking positively though if we get to Baku and those who "lost" £20 because of greed are allocated a ticket just like Manchester, would they think the same?

Everyone on the plane gets a ticket.

I know that mate, that’s not my point. Nobody that applied just now is guaranteed to get on the plane though, if 300 people apply and the plane only holds 200, then the 200 on highest points will get on. Don’t get me wrong, there is every chance people with 0 points MIGHT get on the plane....depending on demand.

Back