Travel Club

Hopefully some advance notice as I have missed the deadlines for some matches as I never received am email.
If it was publicised more widely that would be helpful
im new to travel club so havent got a clue, is it usually nearer the time or with plenty of notice?

I was in the ticket office today and someone was asking about the travel club and when they could expect the information for Porto. The woman at the counter said the manager for it was on holiday and it would be next week at the earliest.

I’ve contacted our ‘Travel Partner’ Thomas Cook for information on flights to Feyenoord and Porto. As expected I’m still waiting on a reply. Meanwhile Sports Options are offering packages, but without guaranteed match tickets. We really are not good at providing for our fans despite their loyalty in following in numbers everywhere and anywhere!

Got a reply back from Philippa this afternoon:-

"Good Afternoon - we are still in talks with the club and don't have any information - please keep an eye on our website for any updates"

What a shxt show!!

I emailed them today asking for a breakdown on how many people are on what points - claimed they don’t have that information!

They really do only care about our money!

What’s the thinking on allocation for Porto and Feyenoord? The full 5% we are permitted or will the club happily except less to try to mitigate the number of fans they are responsible for?

Liverpool got over 3000 for Porto, I see no reason for Rangers not to ask for similar numbers if not more

I emailed them today asking for a breakdown on how many people are on what points - claimed they don’t have that information!

They really do only care about our money!

Absolute bullshit bur expected from them. Obviously they know how many points people are on. Would certainly make things easier if it was public knowledge.

Suppose then there would be an even bigger outcry when 0 pointers get ticket by using the official flight.

Absolute shambles that this long after the
Draw there has been nothing official from them at all. Club really need to be changing travel partners

How many planes are the tc going to take? Thomas cooks planes only hold around 250 so if they take 2 that leaves 2000 tickets for everyone else. So good chance most on 2/3 plus should be ok, odds will be better if the bigger pointers travel with tc

How many planes are the tc going to take? Thomas cooks planes only hold around 250 so if they take 2 that leaves 2000 tickets for everyone else. So good chance most on 2/3 plus should be ok, odds will be better if the bigger pointers travel with tc

You could probably book your own day trip for cheaper than TC will offer it. Therefore for such an easy trip I think most of the official planes will be people on low points trying to secure a ticket. I hope they don’t see an opportunity and stick on loads of planes.

What’s the thinking on allocation for Porto and Feyenoord? The full 5% we are permitted or will the club happily except less to try to mitigate the number of fans they are responsible for?

Liverpool got over 3000 for Porto, I see no reason for Rangers not to ask for similar numbers if not more
We won't sell all our allocation for porto

Absolute bullshit bur expected from them. Obviously they know how many points people are on. Would certainly make things easier if it was public knowledge.

Suppose then there would be an even bigger outcry when 0 pointers get ticket by using the official flight.
Zero pointers got tickets on TC day trip last year. I was on 2 and the two guys I went with were both on 0. All of us on 1 point now - still hopeful of getting a ticket for Porto.

I'm on 1 point. I live in Holland, so obviously desperate to get a Feyenoord ticket...but don't feel confident that 1 point will do it. Time will tell I suppose!

If that doesnt include the ticket its a bit of an expensive one
That’s probably the price including a ticket, I’m maybe high balling a little bit, I personally feel they’re always grossly overpriced given the amount you can spend travelling independently. Convenient though of course!

Due to the time of year, it should be cheaper than Villarreal. Based on Sport Options overnight with 4/5 start hotel at £459), I can see it being a good bit cheaper than that. £350-£375 tops at the very worst hopefully.

Vienna was £299, although that was in December.

Just going on previous trips and a number of external factors which others have mentioned here but probably also because I’m a cynic and a pessimist at times! Will happily hold my hands up if it is around the £300 mark...

And also silently rage as my indy travel plans wouldn’t constitute as much of a bargain as I had anticipated!!!

I’ve contacted our ‘Travel Partner’ Thomas Cook for information on flights to Feyenoord and Porto. As expected I’m still waiting on a reply. Meanwhile Sports Options are offering packages, but without guaranteed match tickets. We really are not good at providing for our fans despite their loyalty in following in numbers everywhere and anywhere!
And the reply was:
Thank you for your email, we are currently liaising with the club at the moment, we have no further update as yet, please keep an eye on the website for further updates.

Helpful from both TC and Rangers FC.

I'm on 1 point. I live in Holland, so obviously desperate to get a Feyenoord ticket...but don't feel confident that 1 point will do it. Time will tell I suppose!
Do you know any Feyenoord fans for home end tickets worst case scenario ? What’s the thoughts in Holland , are they still as mad as they were in the early 2000’s?

Nevermind them, flights already booked!
In that case then I would agree with next to zero. Especially if there is more than one flight like vienna.

I would think most people already in the travel club will have some points by now given maximum points are 13 and there have been a few games with knockbacks

I've booked a return to Porto (out Wed; back Fri) for £143 with Iberia which includes a stopover of about 1 to 2 hours in Madrid both ways. That is out of London where I live.

I'm sure there will be plenty other similar deals if you look to fly out of other airports than your local one. Of course, there will be extra costs in getting to / from that airport, but my point is that all routes need to be explored, especially for cost-concious fans such as me.

In that case then I would agree with next to zero. Especially if there is more than one flight like vienna.

I would think most people already in the travel club will have some points by now given maximum points are 13 and there have been a few games with knockbacks
Do we get a point for Bern though ;)

Back