Travel corridor suspended- europa game ?

joseph

Official Ticketer
With the news that from Monday all air travel corridors will be suspended and all passengers coming in to the UK will have to quarantine - will this affect our europa league game even though we are classed as elite sports - I’m concerned that we could be inadvertently become a victim and penalised by eufa

The game will only be able to go ahead if Antwerp come here for some R&R and maybe bring a few injured players with them.

Why can't people get that elite sports are treated differently to public restrictions?
What worries me is that if everyone is in quarantine. How are the government going to decide when it's safe to go out, if they can't go out, to see if it's safe to go out.

With the news that from Monday all air travel corridors will be suspended and all passengers coming in to the UK will have to quarantine - will this affect our europa league game even though we are classed as elite sports - I’m concerned that we could be inadvertently become a victim and penalised by eufa
Mr Joe, as others have stated, we will be flying under the elite sports rules so we are fine. We are not heading to Dubai for some R and R. However, game is not until 18th Feb so perhaps situation with regards to flight corridors will be relaxed by then anyway.

That’s
Im sorry, but we should not be travelling all over the place.
Concentrate on 55 .Anything else must not get in the way.
I would love to keep playing and go on and win the trophy. But nothing must come in the quest for 55.
That’s right we should just forfeit the chance for a huge income stream that will help us to be stronger on and off the field.

Just to clarify what I was getting at - does elite sports now under ALL TRAVEL CORRIDORS SUSPENDED - not the elite sports exemption corridor before before this NEW uk government decision.

Has it been confirmed that elite sports are still exempt or are we just assuming it is.

The name Joseph and the inability to spell UEFA, raises suspicions! :))
Predictive text feck up - and as for the good Christian name - it is in the same biblical term as a certain psalm that clearly defines us as the people

Just to clarify what I was getting at - does elite sports now under ALL TRAVEL CORRIDORS SUSPENDED - not the elite sports exemption corridor before before this NEW uk government decision.

Has it been confirmed that elite sports are still exempt or are we just assuming it is.
Elite sports and travel corridors are 2 different things.

We're unaffected.

Elite sport will be exempt from travel corridor closures​

The Champions League and Six Nations can take place, but Arsenal’s Europa League tie with Benfica is in doubt due to separate Portugal ban

It has been confirmed elite sport are exempt unless you are travelling to a country with a separate ban

Who is it who sets the exemption? Presume the Government, bound to be one sooner or later who goes against it if this continues? The Telegraph were actually reporting Arsenal/Benfica hadn't been granted it last night.

Last edited:
The one time I’m glad that footballers live in a different reality to us normies

Personally I think the bears should do an instructional film on how to deal with Covid protocols.

There may be some teams who need a bit of advice as to what good practices are.

Just saying...

You know something, for weeks now, if not months this forum has been the go to place for football being stopped.

Player from aston villa catches covid, null and void begins. Time we all calmed down to a panic. It's like the continual nightmare that is the match thread.

Fs

Back