Travel Plans for Saturday?

Papasmurf

Official Ticketer
Trying to sort out logistics for getting to the game in Saturday.

I don't fancy driving over, so thinking about getting the train which would get me into haymarket about 12:10. Dont think I can leave any earlier than 10:30.

Whats the best way to get to Murrayfield from haymarket/edinburgh park?

I'm travelling from Newcastle and I'm likely to be on my own unless I secure a ticket for my dad. Never done Hearts away before. Am i safe to stroll up from Haymarket with my Rangers scarf? What's the protocol?

That’s what I was thinking.
Half toying with the idea of giving it a miss. Or just drive and park at Edinburgh park.
Trams from Haymarket run every 7 mns and it's only a 2/3 minute journey..you could drive to park and ride at Ingliston and jump on a tram there

I'm travelling from Newcastle and I'm likely to be on my own unless I secure a ticket for my dad. Never done Hearts away before. Am i safe to stroll up from Haymarket with my Rangers scarf? What's the protocol?

You'll prob pick up a ticket for your Dad before the match, I reckon there will be a fair few floating about.

I'm planning the train from queen street to haymarket, then walking from Haymarket to Murrayfield. Never been to MF, but seems a straightforward 15/20 min walk from Haymarket.

Going to try and get near the stadium for 11 to get a few beers near some of the surrounding pubs.

We're running 3 buses (Clarkston Loyal) but there's an advance party of us booked on 9am train to Haymarket and then a few drinks in Platform 5 as it opens from 10 am.

We're running 3 buses (Clarkston Loyal) but there's an advance party of us booked on 9am train to Haymarket and then a few drinks in Platform 5 as it opens from 10 am.

Out of interest, when you say booked, do you mean booked in order to guarantee getting on the train?

Wasn't sure if given the volume of fans travelling if we might end up with an issue where fans couldn't get on the trains if they just strolled up?

Out of interest, when you say booked, do you mean booked in order to guarantee getting on the train?

Wasn't sure if given the volume of fans travelling if we might end up with an issue where fans couldn't get on the trains if they just strolled up?

We've actually booked our seats on the train mate.

Didn't want to risk them being full.

I'm taking the car and parking locally, I need to be home pronto as I have a flight to catch later that day.

Taking the wee man to his first away game, he's buzzin.

I've been looking for 3 tickets, do others think there will be tickets going outside the ground?
I think there will. There have been loads up for sale over the last few days on the Rangers Tickets Facebook page. With the size of allocation we have I'd say there will be some kicking about on the day.

do you know where the best place for parking is
Anywhere the Murrayfield side of Balgreen Road appears to be restriction free, so I'm aiming for round about there. I've also checked the Edinburgh City website, and they show no OTT event restrictions being applied either.

Murrayfield is also outside of the usual parking zones applied in Edinburgh, so anywhere that's not lined should be fine.

Anywhere the Murrayfield side of Balgreen Road appears to be restriction free, so I'm aiming for round about there. I've also checked the Edinburgh City website, and they show no OTT event restrictions being applied either.

Murrayfield is also outside of the usual parking zones applied in Edinburgh, so anywhere that's not lined should be fine.
thanks

9:30 train from Falkirk high
Platform 5 for opening time walk with 1000s of bears to murry field
Grassmarket after the game.

Can't fecking wait.

Back