Travelling fans ?

I usually travel from the South Side, but sometimes its a 2hr + journey from Galloway. It seems like a long day, but insignificant compared to some on here. To think I can be passing Cairnryan and the are Bears waiting for the boat.

Normal match day, i leave the house 5.30am. Bus at 5.45am, boat at 7.30am. In Glasgow for 11.30am. Straight back after the game for the 8pm boat home and back in the local for 11pm. That’s a Saturday/Sunday game

For midweek bus picks us up at 9am, boat at 10.30am in Glasgow for about 2.30pm. Back straight after the game for the midnight boat home. Back in the house about 3am. If your unlucky and miss the midnight boat then it’s the 4am sailing which doesn’t get me back to 7am

But wouldn’t have it any other way. It’s a way of life and I’ll be doing it until I physically can’t anymore. I do this journey sometimes 2/3 times a week depending on fixtures. Try not to miss a home game if possible in all competitions.

Try maybe 3/4 aways a season to including Europe. All my holidays in work is used for basically the football
Cap doffed to you and many others like you.

Walked it from Silverburn to Ibrox last night after my teenager daughters assurance that a bus would get us there on time instead of using the traffic free rail system !!!!!! I thought that was commitment haha ! Hats off to those making those miles every other week to see the Famous :))

Normal match day, i leave the house 5.30am. Bus at 5.45am, boat at 7.30am. In Glasgow for 11.30am. Straight back after the game for the 8pm boat home and back in the local for 11pm. That’s a Saturday/Sunday game

For midweek bus picks us up at 9am, boat at 10.30am in Glasgow for about 2.30pm. Back straight after the game for the midnight boat home. Back in the house about 3am. If your unlucky and miss the midnight boat then it’s the 4am sailing which doesn’t get me back to 7am

But wouldn’t have it any other way. It’s a way of life and I’ll be doing it until I physically can’t anymore. I do this journey sometimes 2/3 times a week depending on fixtures. Try not to miss a home game if possible in all competitions.

Try maybe 3/4 aways a season to including Europe. All my holidays in work is used for basically the football
Thats dedication.

Impressive from bears that make every game for miles away. Im sometimes a bit jealous though as think the long away trips are brilliant and every game must feel like that to them. Must put a lot of pressure on work and family life though

Sitting last night pre match talking to the old guy behind me and was telling
me he had travelled up hours ago from Nottingham.
He is at every game ,then was telling me about his mates, he meets on the way up from all over England.
Others that have season tickets all over the ground, are from Coventry ,Derby ,Liverpool ,Barrow and more.

They come to EVERY game ,and stay in hotels after the game.
Says you would not believe how big we are all over England ,as if i didnt know ,esp. with the sacrifice they make to come to our stadium.
Fling in the others that come over the water from N.Ireland on early morning boats ,thats dedication.
I think its a trek coming from 45 minutes away. :rolleyes:
Cap doffed.

Would love to see some halfwit try telling them not to come back if they left before 90 minutes

Not to sure who I admire the most, the guys who get up 5 am or the ones who can make it to central in a 15 minute walk

Fair play to ye big guy.

Amazing to see some of the days you guys have following the famous. That is real commitment.

With work, cost, other commitments etc I only get up once or twice a season.

Always been astounded by those who travel from down south or further for literally every game especially the midweek ones.

Fair play to them, that's some going.

That is an unbelievable effort.

I bet you wouldn't want to add up what it costs you over the season though:eek:

Fantastic mate.

Travel from North east England , 380 mile round trip, been doing it since the 80s, and will do it till the day i die...midweek games can be a problem and the wallet takes a hit throughout the season, but wouldn't have it any other way.

I remember the Graz away game, boys from NI on KP bus had come over for Selkirk away on the Saturday, stayed for trip to Graz, arrived back on Friday afternoon, home match Saturday afternoon and Stadium announcement 15 minutes from end of match to say all ferries to NI have been cancelled due to weather.

These 4 guys had been away from home for over a week for 3 matches and had travelled about 3000 miles.

Mega respect.
I was on the KP bus to Graz, got train up to Glasgow on the Sunday, done bus to Graz via Munich ( 28 hours iirc ) done return journey, got off bus on friday afternoon at Carlisle, train from Carlisle to Newcastle, arrived home on Friday night. Back up the road on Saturday morning for home game...all day Sunday was spent in my bed.

Have done it many times mate when the holidays were drying up

Years ago when i drove for a living for a Euro match I was only allowed the one day of, the day of the game. So down the road after the match, missed the boat. Had to wait to 4am
Sailing. In the house for 7am, quick shower and cup of tea to start work at 7.45am. Was never as tired in all my life and how I stayed awake the next day at the wheel of the van I’ll never know lol
Happened many a time in the early/mid 00’s.
Or stayed in Glasgow, mainly the latest closing nightclub/strippers, then to the airport for the 6/7am flight to Aldergove.

I'd happily attend every match, home and away, if I had the holidays to spare and the money. Having to pick and choose which matches to attend is a real pain in the arse.

They wouldn’t do it if they didn’t love it.

I travel down from Aberdeen when work allows and no matter what time you have to get up, it’s always the same buzz. I feel like a kid at Christmas.

I was on the KP bus to Graz, got train up to Glasgow on the Sunday, done bus to Graz via Munich ( 28 hours iirc ) done return journey, got off bus on friday afternoon at Carlisle, train from Carlisle to Newcastle, arrived home on Friday night. Back up the road on Saturday morning for home game...all day Sunday was spent in my bed.
You should have asked the bus to pick you up somewhere just over the border. Got the KP bus a few times and they usually picked bears up down south when on euro trips.

Moved to Blackpool from Bellshill 20 years ago had a wee boy that loves football, 13 now and plays in the top league down here also the top scorer.
He's a Blackpool season ticket holder but always wanted to see rangers play as he s a massive fan, took him to the game on Wednesday Sat behind the union bears who were amazing and has never stopped telling his mates how amazing the stadium is.
loved the game as well.
think it's the first in many a game of a future bear.

Last edited:
When I lived in Scotland I never missed a domestic game. After I moved away I came up for weekend home games for 3 years then it got a bit too much for me. Now its only the odd Rangers game I see. I know I'm just a couch fan now and commend all those guys who travel distance to Ibrox.

Our supporters bus starts in Portadown NI, goes to lurgan then onwards to Belfast and a couple of stops on the way to Larne usually for the 7.30am boat. It’s an early start usually picked up about 6am so up from 5. Boat Is about 2 hours then it’s a 2 hour drive to Glasgow, arrive around mid day... after the match bus back to the boat then home around 11! Anytime I went it was always a great day out and memories to cherish forever. If it’s an old firm would normal fly over and spend the weekend in Glasgow.

Travel over from Croatia for about 6 games a season (try and combine 2 home games a trip). Next trip is Hamilton and Scum games in March. Have a ST in CD.

Also spent thousands as well travelling to Euro away games over the years. Longest trip was driving from Croatia to Bucharest, around 17 hours through Serbia, Bulgaria and into Romania. Bremen wasnt quite as long a drive, but got delayed by snow on that trip and had to drive myself as my Croat mate had never driven in snow before :). Coming back from Vienna had to put the snow chains on as got stuck in snow in central Croatia. Some great times following on...

Travel over from Croatia for about 6 games a season (try and combine 2 home games a trip). Next trip is Hamilton and Scum games in March. Have a ST in CD.

Also spent thousands as well travelling to Euro away games over the years. Longest trip was driving from Croatia to Bucharest, around 17 hours through Serbia, Bulgaria and into Romania. Bremen wasnt quite as long a drive, but got delayed by snow on that trip and had to drive myself as my Croat mate had never driven in snow before :). Coming back from Vienna had to put the snow chains on as got stuck in snow in central Croatia. Some great times following on...

Brilliant mate.

Through all the years I’ve been travelling I have met many characters and now life long friends through Rangers. Some of them now I regard as best friends.

An amazing effort made by some of fans getting to our games. Proper away days spending the bulk of time travelling

These guys put me to shame. I can't be bothered travelling from Falkirk most weeks.

Cap doffed to these brothers and sisters!

Used to do the 700 mile round trip regularly when I was younger.
Only do it a couple of times a year now and it's a killer.
Its no joy getting old.

But but but people on here say that Ulster and Rangers have no connection....

Love seeing our brothers from over the water coming over, loyal to the core

Of those who have travelled a long distance - what % of them do you think leave early? would it be more likely to be low (as you'd want your moneys worth) or high (as you've got a long journey back)?

Of those who have travelled a long distance - what % of them do you think leave early? would it be more likely to be low (as you'd want your moneys worth) or high (as you've got a long journey back)?

Most of the time I stay the full 90 but sometimes maybe midweek games we would leave a bit earlier to get down to the boat

Back