Travis guitarist

I caught the tail end of an interview by hawksbee & jacobs on talksport today. It was Dougie Payne from Travis and he was waxing lyrical about the Rangers. It was so refreshing to hear someone talk freely about their love of our magnificent club.

Dougie would drop into the Big Apple Bears to watch games, he lived in New York for a time when his wife was filming. He had a close friend that was a BABs member and came with him.

I remember in the TV build up before a cup final years ago they asked a lot of Scottish bands who they were supporting and when Travis came on I was surprised when Dougie boldly announces "Rangers". Fran Healy's face was tripping him in the background.

I mind I thought it was the lead singer Francis in that T.H.I.S.T.L.E nightmare music video o_O

My eX’s brother used to work with his dad. By all accounts a decent guy...as well as being a Bear!

Met him years ago, around about 97/98 at a steriophonics gig he was brand new, he was blootered as well lol

Nice guy, regular dog walker with his kids and is always nice to people -I know of a few of the local dog walking community who say what a lovely guy...oh aye and the ladies swoon a bit at him.

Sometimes Lennon uses the same park hopefully he might kick him in the balls....will report back.

If memory serves he's not a football fan at all.
He must have done or said something to upset us at one point. Remember reading a fanzine years ago, No 1 I think, and there was a comment along the lines of, now we know why it always rains on you, cos you're a tim*

*it was probably a lot less polite than that but that was the gist of it :))

I caught the tail end of an interview by hawksbee & jacobs on talksport today. It was Dougie Payne from Travis and he was waxing lyrical about the Rangers. It was so refreshing to hear someone talk freely about their love of our magnificent club.
he isn't the only one in their band that supporters us as Neil also supports us.

Really refreshing to see this forum be nice to a celebrity who has come out saying they support us.
The amount of stick Gordon Ramsay gets on here is ridiculous, we need all the celeb fans and good press we can get.

Really refreshing to see this forum be nice to a celebrity who has come out saying they support us.
The amount of stick Gordon Ramsay gets on here is ridiculous, we need all the celeb fans and good press we can get.
Gordon Ramsey's pubic persona is absolute wanker. That's going to impact on things.

Back