Treble v Europa League Win

Coza

Celtic go on to do the treble with a 10 point league win. Winning the cup final versus us on penalties in a close game.

Rangers go on to win the Europa league.

Who has had the better season?

I know one scenario is more likely than the other but curious to the replies.

They’re going to win the league anyway.

clearly we’d all take winning the Europa league over the Scottish cup.

That scenario is very unlikely for us though. All we can do is finish as strongly as possible on all fronts

That scenario is very unlikely for us though. All we can do is finish as strongly as possible on all fronts

Is it really though?

Abit of luck in the draw for us plus the other Big Guns drawing each other then its wide open.

As crazy as it sounds. I actually think this is a better team than 2008.

This won't be popular, but I'd take the Europa over stopping them winning 10, and it's not even close. To win a European trophy would be the crowning moment in my lifetime as a Rangers supporter.

It’s the correct answer for me but start of the year people just wanted the league to stop them and get us back on the board.

One poster put it in July. We have over 100 trophies domestically versus one European trophy. It shouldn’t be a hard decision to pick the european one.

If we were in their place just now it would be an easy choice to trade a treble for even just a shot at a European final again

We have a good team suited to european games. Strong at home and can score on the road. Had we not had that horror 60 minutes versus braga and skelped then 4-0 on aggregate I think a lot of people would have us as serious contenders.

For me we get a favourbale draw and it’s very much game on.

Winning the Europa guarantees Champions League next year. Winning the league gets you into the 2nd qualifier or some crap like that.

definitely Europa for me.

If you said to me right now that they would win 9 and 10 in a row but rangers are guaranteed to win the europa league this season its europa league every day for me , european trophy trumps everything they do winning their tainted 9

Us winning the Europa League would be a football miracle. Them winning the league is expected.

We are massive underdogs in Europe, they have the far more expensive squad in Scotland. Their 9 is tainted anyway. Would quite like someone to stop them getting a treble though, ideally us but I’d take any other team knocking them out of Scottish cup.

Is it really though?

Abit of luck in the draw for us plus the other Big Guns drawing each other then its wide open.

As crazy as it sounds. I actually think this is a better team than 2008.

I didn’t say it was impossible. But yeah, of course it’s unlikely. You’re not going to turn around and tell me we’re umongst the favourites to win it now.

There are still 3 rounds to navigate to get to the final and some very good teams. Let’s wait and see what the draw brings

Rangers

Celtic get handed trophy after trophy in Scotland due to intimidated officials, this season has been off the chart and it's pretty blatant. No team wins the amount of trophies they've won domestically without a hand.

Law of averages would dictate that a decision would go against them and they'd lose a big game. But not in Scotland, absolutely NO chance of that.

The game up here is rigged and Europe this season is showing it up for what it is.

I posted this in group yesterday and got shot down by stopping a quadruple treble and 9-in-a-row is more important.

They can have their treble.

Rangers winning a European trophy after what we have been through. After being knocked out by Progres just two years ago.

That is a renaissance that would rival and possibly trump Tiger Woods Masters win in 2019. Leicester City’s Premier League win. Porto’s Champions League win in 2005.

As the OP said, likelihood is a problem, but who thought we would make Manchester in 2008.

Enjoy the ride and appreciate what this team has achieved so far, and the potential it can achieve in the future.

The Europa League is worth far more; we'd have to beat much better teams to win it than they have to in order to win the league.

Celtic go on to do the treble with a 10 point league win. Winning the cup final versus us on penalties in a close game.

No contest.

Europa would be amazing to win, and yes it would trump any domestic trophy. The dream is to win both the Europa and the Scottish cup - To be honest I'd be happy to just win the Scottish cup now seeing as how the league has panned out.

As the OP says, this is highly unlikely but in the grand scheme of things then the Europa League wins without a doubt.

Europa 100%, it would be seen by the entire World. No-one outside Scotland gives a shit about our rigged domestic game.

Considering we were told just getting to the final in 2003 outshone our treble then I think its safe to say winning the thing is far better achievement.

Reactions: VGM

Europa League. 300/1 outsiders vs odds on favourites. Whether you’d prefer to win the league is a different matter but in terms of who had the better season and whose achievements are greater - a European cup would be historic.

I’ve always been a Europe kind of guy. It’s where we have the opportunity to transcend the parochialism of our domestic game and showcase our abilities against the best the continent has to offer in front of hundreds of millions of people.

It’s where we get the chance to create a reputation for ourselves that Scotland simply doesn’t afford.

That we’ve only won one European trophy in our history has never been good enough - we should always aspire to the biggest possible platforms.

But . . . ask this question again at the start of August (assuming we don’t actually win the EL this year) and I suspect the vast majority will give a different answer, and I’d be one of them.

This trip in Braga has given me a different perspective on things. Leave the league to them if we can go onto win this Europa League. Imagine being a team that was put down 3 leagues, came back up and then had to qualify through all the rounds to only go and win the whole thing. Wow, fairytale stuff

A European trophy is the holy grail. If given the choice right now, I'd pick the Europa League over a league and cup double. Add the fact we'd be automatically in the champions League and it's a no brainer.

European trophy every time. Nobody outside of Scotland gives a monkeys about our league.

From a business model point of view we would get directly into the CL as well, so it sets us up for the future.

Correct .

What do you get for winning the SPL anyway ? About 900k and a scotch pie?

We’ve made £18 million already from europa .

it’s a no brainer .

It’s the correct answer for me but start of the year people just wanted the league to stop them and get us back on the board.

One poster put it in July. We have over 100 trophies domestically versus one European trophy. It shouldn’t be a hard decision to pick the european one.
That's what will raise eye brows as well,not just the taking part,it's not as if we've been hanging on in games and,thanks to Stevie G and the team,the Club's image has rocketed. No one outside this country cares about our tin pot league. I'd take Man.U. now hopefully all the bigger clubs will be drawn together. We bit of luck in the draw andwho knows. I know one thing no one will fancy us.

This won't be popular, but I'd take the Europa over stopping them winning 10, and it's not even close. To win a European trophy would be the crowning moment in my lifetime as a Rangers supporter.
This.
%^*& there tainted 10,if they even get it.

Europa. If we ever win a European trophy it's probably a once in a lifetime event for most.
The way football is going it's getting harder and harder for teams from countries like ours to do it.I could die a happy man if I got to watch us lifting a European trophy.

Europa League would be the bigger achievement.

Winning that grants access to the Group Stages of the Champions League, something despite their amass of title wins, they've failed in the last 2 years to do.

Another embarrassing thread, Lennon said they could win the EL and was rightly laughed at, well by me anyway.
Some people are getting a tiny wee bit ahead of themselves.

Back