" Trial by Sportscene"

I don't think Alfredo fouled the defender. Yes , he put his hands up but didn't push the defender hard enough to fall forward. He just pushed him off barging into him. You see that at lots of challenges and it's not given as a foul.
The defender then fell backwards trying to stretch for the ball. He was off balance.

Not a pen for me, if it was offside it’s it’s a baw hair u would need to see it from a few angles because he looked on the line to me.

Was never a penalty.
But in another incident we when Alfie nutmegs the Livi player and the Livi lad put both hands on Alfie, the comment from Wanker was, “the ref thinks he’s going down to easy”. Fast forward 10 or so and I think it was Tav who had hands on a Livi player who took a tumble, the comment from Wanker was, “if you put both hands on a player you’re inviting that decision from the ref” - or words to that effect. Both incidents identical, the view on the outcome - polar opposite.

Livi thug should have been sent off.

Not an obvious penalty but it could have been given.

2 nice finishes Barasic seems to be hitting some form too, good result on that pitch.

Sneering reference at least twice by the wee Gonk that presents the show about incidents in our game with Livi.

Unsurprisingly the incidents they reviewed were unanimously adjudicated to not favour Rangers.

Time for BBC Scotland to grow up and act like a responsible broadcaster.

While you would expect BBC Scotland to act responsibly. That doesn't and cannot happen in an institution infested by filth.

What it is time for however, is for the management of our club to take them on at every opportunity.

I think it was 50-50 with the penalty. Defender was goin for the ball and tbf had a great tackle. Then again... he came from behind and that angle made it look worse than it really was.

But..

What the %^*& was Morelos thinking? He was five steps ahead the defender at the edge of the box and then just stopped running. Very un-Alfie behaviour. He must have fallen asleep.

I watched it on TV, for me he got the ball and got there ahead of Morelos, on every angle. Thought it was a very good tackle.

That was my opinion at the time (well after the replays) and is watching it on youtube again now.
I don't know how blind you have to be to say the defender got the ball.

No way you've watched all the angles..

I think it was 50-50 with the penalty. Defender was goin for the ball and tbf had a great tackle. Then again... he came from behind and that angle made it look worse than it really was.

But..

What the %^*& was Morelos thinking? He was five steps ahead the defender at the edge of the box and then just stopped running. Very un-Alfie behaviour. He must have fallen asleep.
I think he was playing for a penalty and a card. Looked like he was drawing him in. Poor decision from him, but we'll let him off this time :D

I think he was playing for a penalty and a card. Looked like he was drawing him in. Poor decision from him, but we'll let him off this time :D

I think he didn't realise the defender was coming from his blind side, otherwise he'd have taken the shot early

In real time I thought it looked a good challenge, slowed down from the reverse angle its a penalty all day long, he plays alfies foot onto the ball

Guess that's one that var should pick up if its ever implemented

I think he didn't realise the defender was coming from his blind side, otherwise he'd have taken the shot early

In real time I thought it looked a good challenge, slowed down from the reverse angle its a penalty all day long, he plays alfies foot onto the ball

Guess that's one that var should pick up if its ever implemented

VAR would have pulled it back for Alfie's push on the defender though.;)

It's a game to them now.

They try and set a narrative that we're getting favourable decisions by referees etc. Whereas the don't even cover some incidents in Celtic games.

Yeah, of course, because Alffie hates to score goals and is fully secure in the knowledge the Ref would do the right thing and award a penalty.

Well, if you can spout garbage then so can I..

This thread is brilliant.

"I've watched every angle and it wasn't a penalty." x 10
"Naw ye huvnae, I watched the replays and it definitely WAS a penalty!" x10

For me, it was a penalty - the guy shoved Alfie in the back. :p

I don't know how blind you have to be to say the defender got the ball.

No way you've watched all the angles..
Unless theres some magic angle that has only been shown to people with blue tinted specs on then I've watched it a load of times and see him getting the ball. I watched it on bt at the time, then on YouTube highlights and BBC highlights. I haven't changed my mind since seeing the first replay.

Unless theres some magic angle that has only been shown to people with blue tinted specs on then I've watched it a load of times and see him getting the ball. I watched it on bt at the time, then on YouTube highlights and BBC highlights. I haven't changed my mind since seeing the first replay.

Sportscene showed Alfie's foot between the ball and the defender. Have a look. I did and changed my mind. Definite penalty though you could argue Alfie pushed the man before they reached the box. Even Michael Stewart admitted the defender didnt touch the ball.

This thread is brilliant.

"I've watched every angle and it wasn't a penalty." x 10
"Naw ye huvnae, I watched the replays and it definitely WAS a penalty!" x10

For me, it was a penalty - the guy shoved Alfie in the back. :p

If you think about it logically there's only one conclusion. Those that actually saw Alfie's boot prevent the defender from kicking the ball are either calling it correctly or have imagined/ lied about it.

Those that say the defender got the ball havent seen the still showing Alfie prevent this.

Its obvious no one's telling lies or imagined Alfie's boot in place so those that missed it have just missed it.

Its a penalty.

Yeah, of course, because Alffie hates to score goals and is fully secure in the knowledge the Ref would do the right thing and award a penalty.

Well, if you can spout garbage then so can I..
"Yeah because Alfie hates to score goals"

Said literally no one.

It was a penalty although it’s also true that Alfie barged the other defender. To be fair to Sportscene that in essence is what they said

Hate to say it but he was wrong, as shown in tv slo mo replays. The defender never touched the ball. He connected with Alfie's foot. Its a penalty.
Only seen the replays in the boozer during and after the game so not doubting what you say!
Getting a win there was what matters as last year we were f@£&!#£ games like that up!
Onward and upward and get the LC in the cabinet!

Really...

Just in case you can't see it, you can see the yellow of Morelos' boot against the ball and between the ball and the defender's foot.

Really...

Just in case you can't see it, you can see the yellow of Morelos' boot against the ball and between the ball and the defender's foot.

He clearly didn't get the bal.
At the end of the day it doesn't matter if he did anyway. Getting the ball doesn't mean it wasn't a foul. He shoved Alfie in the back. Walker tried to claim it was "shoulder to shoulder". Unless Alfie's shoulder is has moved to the middle of his back then that's nonsense and it was a foul whether the defender touched the ball or not.

It wasn't a penalty for Rangers.
It would have been a penalty for any team playing against Rangers and that is a fact.

Back