" Trial by Sportscene"

According to dumb and dumber it WAS a penalty but it WASN'T due to the fact Alfredo pushed the defender 5yds up the park in getting into the ball.

The Referee didn't give the 1st 'foul' though

They actually showed a slo mo of morelos touching the ball and the livi player making contact with alfies boot rather than the ball.

I can only assume not everyone has seen that angle. The first shot made it look like the defender won the ball, the shot you’re talking about shows it was a stonewall penalty.

Did they (thommo) really name a team of the week that didnt include morelos?????? WTF??

2 v hertz
1 v Porto
1 v livi

Surely no???

We had an imperious week and were, by a country mile, the most gallus team in Scotland by a country mile.

Some of the football we played was just a joy to watch.

Im actually drinking and working a bit, maybe i missed it, but who on earth did they put in place of our wonderful world class striker??

I was flabbergasted not to see the name 'morelos' i thought i must be seeing things / more pished than i thought

Did they (thommo) really name a team of the week that didnt include morelos?????? WTF??

2 v hertz
1 v Porto
1 v livi

Surely no???

"ra poops beat the bestest team in Italy, European cracks Lazio"

a failed trialist, somebody who never really did much at any level in football and somebody who looks like they don't watch football. Great panel for a football show

"ra poops beat the bestest team in Italy, European cracks Lazio"

a failed trialist, somebody who never really did much at any level in football and somebody who looks like they don't watch football. Great panel for a football show
Xb0LvOt.gif

Im actually drinking and working a bit, maybe i missed it, but who on earth did they put in place of our wonderful world class striker??

I was flabbergasted not to see the name 'morelos' i thought i must be seeing things / more pished than i thought
Doidge and wee Naismith. Don't believe me? The screen grab doesn't lie:

47Mu5dj.jpg

Alfredo big toe offside..( Thomson said it was a yard ) No penalty given because Alfredo shoved the defender outside the box and gained an unfair advantage according to Stewart , who also said Aribos goal was fortunate due to a ricochet prior to the through pass....this was said after the paedo game when Edouard netted a " magnificent goal " when the ball landed at his feet after bouncing of a defender's back in the box.
They mentioned the game in Rome at least six times and our game v Porto once......how's that for balanced reporting as they say

Alfredo big toe offside..( Thomson said it was a yard ) No penalty given because Alfredo shoved the defender outside the box and gained an unfair advantage according to Stewart
That was the bit that really stuck in my craw. It was a stick on penalty and the idiot Stewart is looking for ways to gingersplain it away.

Alfredo big toe offside..( Thomson said it was a yard ) No penalty given because Alfredo shoved the defender outside the box and gained an unfair advantage according to Stewart , who also said Aribos goal was fortunate due to a ricochet prior to the through pass....this was said after the paedo game when Edouard netted a " magnificent goal " when the ball landed at his feet after bouncing of a defender's back in the box.
They mentioned the game in Rome at least six times and our game v Porto once......how's that for balanced reporting as they say

giphy.gif

Having watched their game what I will say is that Borna will have a field day against their RB

The lad is rapid. I thought the exact same thing. Kent and Borna are going to have a field day down that side. However I reckon popcorn teeth is a bit too shrewd for that and they'll opt for someone a bit more seasoned for the final in December. I really hope he does play though.

That we Gonk, “LIAM” was outed when Jim Traynor was on RS and asked him which team he supported, and as thick as shit, replied, “CELIC” so this is what we’re up against.

You sure? That happened with Kerrydale Insane on Traynor's show albeit he never said it out loud, if I remember correctly. He just kind of acquiesced by mumbling incoherently under Traynor's questions.
If Traynor revealed Liam's allegiances as well , good on him.

Whatever antics they get up to on sportscene, I can’t believe the number of Bears that think the Alfie incident wasn’t a penalty. That was no shoulder charge, he just barged him and took him out. Do honestly think Alfie would lose out on a fair go shoulder to shoulder.

Alfie didn’t help matters by going down a bit theatrically I suppose but it was a feckin penalty.

However AM was caught napping, he should have buried it afore the guy got near him.

p.s. Walker has the IQ of an amoeba.

I can only assume not everyone has seen that angle. The first shot made it look like the defender won the ball, the shot you’re talking about shows it was a stonewall penalty.

Thats me.

Iv only seen one angle where it looked like the Livi player got ball. Can anyone post other angle?

Team of the week my arse. Even wi my blue specs on, they’ve got Scotty Arfield in but no room for Davis, Jack or Morelos to name but three.

If they’re gonna have team of the week then they should really watch the games.

I thought they'd be all over the incident where Goldson put his arm out and the boy went down holding his face.

Morelos did push him and it did look like the player got the ball. Morelos did look offside at his goal too.

I didn’t think so either but the replays are pretty conclusive, defender didn’t get the ball, Alfie nicked it before him, so in hindsight and with the benefit of a few slow motion replays, it was definitely a penalty.

100% a penalty. So ref got it wrong. No matter if it was justified by a foul in the build up. That can be an opinion although decision was wrong regards the actual penalty.

Their comments were fair.

Alfie was offside. About half a yards.

Regards the penalty claim. They showed clearly that the defender never got the ball. BUT, Alfie pushes the defender to get the chance - which he did. Granted the ref never saw the push so should/could have given the penalty.

Being fair to the ref though. It was a bloody tight call. You could only see it through a slow motion replay and zoomed in

If we had var. it wouldn’t have been a pen as it would have been pulled back for the push.

No complaints from me about their analysis

Their comments were fair.

Alfie was offside. About half a yards.

Regards the penalty claim. They showed clearly that the defender never got the ball. BUT, Alfie pushes the defender to get the chance - which he did. Granted the ref never saw the push so should/could have given the penalty.

Being fair to the ref though. It was a bloody tight call. You could only see it through a slow motion replay and zoomed in

If we had var. it wouldn’t have been a pen as it would have been pulled back for the push.

No complaints from me about their analysis

Pretty much sums it up for me. I don’t think they were unfair in anything they said really.
One thing though, on the subject of VAR - would they actually go back that far as to see the first push from Morelos? I’m not sure if they just take the contentious incident in isolation, or if they go back and look at a whole passage of play previous to that. What are the guidelines?

Agree poster should pop down to the opticians in the morning if he thinks that’s shoulder to shoulder.
just watched it back again there on the highlights at the point of the livi player getting his foot across they are side by side, maybe could have been given on another day but hardly a stone waller .. just thankfully were not debating this because of dropped points !

just watched it back again there on the highlights at the point of the livi player getting his foot across they are side by side, maybe could have been given on another day but hardly a stone waller .. just thankfully were not debating this because of dropped points !

You have to give the referee the benefit of the doubt on ones like that, it’s very difficult to call that in real time.

Pretty much sums it up for me. I don’t think they were unfair in anything they said really.
One thing though, on the subject of VAR - would they actually go back that far as to see the first push from Morelos? I’m not sure if they just take the contentious incident in isolation, or if they go back and look at a whole passage of play previous to that. What are the guidelines?
well they went back a phase of play to rule out Sheff Utds goal on Saturday for offside after Spurs had cleared it once.

Not sure. I’d like to think they would as it was really only a few seconds and the foul should have been called to avoid the penalty decision.

But who knows.

well they went back a phase of play to rule out Sheff Utds goal on Saturday for offside after Spurs had cleared it once.

I’ve not seen it, so can’t comment on that one. I’m just asking the question btw, I don’t know the definitive answer, that’s why I asked.

Sneering reference at least twice by the wee Gonk that presents the show about incidents in our game with Livi.

Unsurprisingly the incidents they reviewed were unanimously adjudicated to not favour Rangers.

Time for BBC Scotland to grow up and act like a responsible broadcaster.
They should be talking about the only BRITISH football club to not wear a POPPY on there strip and that there fans were singing stick your poppy up your arse

Disgusting football club

I’ve not seen it, so can’t comment on that one. I’m just asking the question btw, I don’t know the definitive answer, that’s why I asked.
Wasn't being nippy, sorry if it seemed that way.

Would have been irrelevant as they wouldn't say that it was a clear and obvious error by the referee anyway

Borna was yellow carded against Porto for getting to the ball first then fouling the player. Similarly, it was a foul on Morelos in the penalty area today even if the Livvy player touched the ball first.

the booking was wrong. I thought it was a penalty but that Morelas made a meal of it.

Back