" Trial by Sportscene"

Andy Walker didnt think the barge on Morelos was a penalty. You've got to laugh.

At first I thought it was a penalty and red card.

Second viewing suggests that it was a great tackle. Morelos held back for whatever reason.

Andy Walker didnt think the barge on Morelos was a penalty. You've got to laugh.
[/QUOTE.... Agree mate it wasn't a shoulder to shoulder, he barged him FFS!!, that happens out side the box it's a foul, it is no different inside the box

Penalty decision was probably just about right. was borderline call. doesn't pass the "if he gave it against you" test

I assume people saying Morelos should have had a penalty have never kicked a ball in their life.

It was a firm but fair challenge.

I've even seen some saying Jack should have a penalty as well.

Let's just enjoy the performance and result without complaining and making accusations about officials especially when the 2 incidents were called correctly.

At first I thought it was a penalty and red card.

Second viewing suggests that it was a great tackle. Morelos held back for whatever reason.
Have a third view. It wasn’t a great tackle. He didn’t get the call and knocked him down.

But it shouldn’t have got that far.

Penalty for me, came through the back to win the ball.
Anywhere else on the park the ref blows for a free kick. But because its big bad Rangers we get reffed differently.
Look at the pressure we had to apply to that wee jumped up midget wanker to book McMillan after his studs up lunge on Kamara. Out of order!

Sneering reference at least twice by the wee Gonk that presents the show about incidents in our game with Livi.

Unsurprisingly the incidents they reviewed were unanimously adjudicated to not favour Rangers.

Time for BBC Scotland to grow up and act like a responsible broadcaster.
Have recorded this for a laugh , see what the perma cross legged faggots are saying .

Was never a penalty.

If it was never a penalty, how were there at least 3 freekicks given for them type of challenge for and against us yesterday?

If I have control of the ball and you make you not attempt play the ball and barge me full force from behind, its a foul, if carried out in the penalty box its a penalty.

No mention of Dykes not being booked though and thought a yellow was right for McMillan.

The McMillan challenge was the only thing I felt they got badly wrong.

It was a terrible challenge that would have seen red in many top European leagues. Flying in, out of control, studs showing. Kamara was lucky he saw it coming and got out of the way of the main part of it’s force.

As long as referees don’t send off thugs for this type of attempted assault, our game will be mired in mediocrity.

The McMillan challenge was the only thing I felt they got badly wrong.

It was a terrible challenge that would have seen red in many top European leagues. Flying in, out of control, studs showing. Kamara was lucky he saw it coming and got out of the way of the main part of it’s force.

As long as referees don’t send off thugs for this type of attempted assault, our game will be mired in mediocrity.
Yep the pair of smug tossers thought that a yellow was just fine for the McMillan studs up lunge that could have put Kamara out the game for months. This was the 3rd major trail by sportscene incident in our game, all 3 of course decided against us. Who couldn't see that coming ?

He did. Like me, at full speed on the normal camera angle it did not look like a penalty, but the angle from behind the goal shows that the defender kicked Alfredo’s foot and made no contact with the ball.

Correct. Wrong decision by ref. Anything for a quiet life.

Dont agree. The slo mo showed the defender didnt touch the ball. He sent Alfie flying. Penalty for me.
He won the ball very cleanly, it was a great bit of defending.

The goal probably was offside but it was very tight and about 40 yards away from goal. Still had loads to do and plenty of opportunity for the Livi defence to defend it.

I assume people saying Morelos should have had a penalty have never kicked a ball in their life.

It was a firm but fair challenge.

I've even seen some saying Jack should have a penalty as well.

Let's just enjoy the performance and result without complaining and making accusations about officials especially when the 2 incidents were called correctly.

You’ve obviously not seen the other footage that conclusively shows it was a penalty. Might want to watch that before telling people they don’t understand playing the game.

Last edited:

The goal probably was offside but it was very tight and about 40 yards away from goal. Still had loads to do and plenty of opportunity for the Livi defence to defend it.

He won the ball very cleanly? Sounds like you haven’t watched from the other angle. I initially thought he had done well to get back and clear it, the other angle shows it was a penalty though. The defender certainly didn’t win the ball clearly.

He won the ball very cleanly? Sounds like you haven’t watched from the other angle. I initially thought he had done well to get back and clear it, the other angle shows it was a penalty though. The defender certainly didn’t win the ball clearly.
I've watched it from every angle. Morelos dallied on the ball I think because he pushed the guy and was expecting a foul which I think it was anyway. The player then nipped the ball away from him. It was the correct decision.

It’s not trial by sportscene though is it?
I’ve not seen Sportscene, and I hate these cunts, but..
I presume the goal they’re talking about a hint of offside? It possibly was but I only saw one replay.
For the penalty incident I think the boy got a foot on the ball and can see how the ref would have thought so from his angle too. Alfie Fannied about with it when it should’ve been a first time lob.

For a minute I thought they were trying to get one of our players done with something.
This shit though I can live with.
You know they’ll always judge against us.
Never saw it either and tend to agree with you.
I assume from OP that they spent 20 minutes debating it.
If so. Its shite.
If not? We are looking for an issue that isn't there. And we need to be careful with that. If we are going to become petty we dilute our genuine grievances.

Going by the footage, there must have been many more than the GB idiots that boycotted the start and then never bothered at all.

57k my old @rse.

If it was 57 thou, most of them turned up to boo the minutes silence only to fuuk off after.

Sorry to contradict you but he definitely didnt win the ball. Alfredo's foot stopped him. It was shown clearly on tv slo mo replays.

Again. I agree here. The defender appeared to kick Alfies foot onto the ball. Penalty.
But I don't think you can have too much of a go at a ref for not giving it, if it's one decision in isolation.

Again. I agree here. The defender appeared to kick Alfies foot onto the ball. Penalty.
But I don't think you can have too much of a go at a ref for not giving it, if it's one decision in isolation.

Very difficult to call in real time.

I've watched it from every angle. Morelos dallied on the ball I think because he pushed the guy and was expecting a foul which I think it was anyway. The player then nipped the ball away from him. It was the correct decision.

The player didn’t nip the ball away. The angle from behind shows he goes through Alfie first before getting the ball.

Morelos did push the defender but the challenge in the box was a penalty. The defender didnt touch the ball as shown clearly on tv.

Sneering reference at least twice by the wee Gonk that presents the show about incidents in our game with Livi.

Unsurprisingly the incidents they reviewed were unanimously adjudicated to not favour Rangers.

Time for BBC Scotland to grow up and act like a responsible broadcaster.

He did this a couple of weeks ago too, with the two fuds giggling away at him.

Even worse for me was the commentator on the highlights of the Motherwell game straight out stating that the challenge on Tav was never a penalty!
Absolutely no attempt to remain impartial or respect the referees decision.
We all know their agenda against us but this is a new low for them

It was never a penalty in a million years.

Regarding possible offside at Alfie's goal, it is impossible to tell one way or another because of the camera angle therefore there is no way anyone looking at tv pictures can give a definitive decision. For Sportscene panellists to say Alfie was offside just confirms their anti Rangers bias once again.

Morelos did push the defender but the challenge in the box was a penalty. The defender didnt touch the ball as shown clearly on tv.

I watched it on TV, for me he got the ball and got there ahead of Morelos, on every angle. Thought it was a very good tackle.

That was my opinion at the time (well after the replays) and is watching it on youtube again now.

That we Gonk, “LIAM” was outed when Jim Traynor was on RS and asked him which team he supported, and as thick as shit, replied, “CELIC” so this is what we’re up against.
Where's the surprise in that ,mate. Didn't take Traynor for me to know that. The vibe that comes across is so obviously anti Rangers. Just watch the highlights and then turn it because you just know there will be comments made referring to us. Don't say anything about the GB and Poppy slogans. Rest my case

To listen to any of those three wanks views and agree wi any of them will mean I have no longer an interest in fitbaw.

You weren’t watching. The Livingston player never touches the ball.

Since Morelos has sorted his disciplinary issues out I'm guessing Sportscene is a hell of a lot shorter,as sure as hell they won't put the same vigour into praising him as they did in slating him. Surprised anyone still watches that p ish anyway!!

Referee doesn't actually have slow motion eyes does He? If we all thought no pen in real time then for me he made the correct call. Looked at the time like a superb challenge.

If it wasn't a penalty why did they make a fuss about it? The "offside" goal was a good decision by linesman for a change.Instead of guessing he played on.Well done.Even var would struggle to determine when the ball left barasics foot. So get it up you bbc scum and all the rest of haters

Referee doesn't actually have slow motion eyes does He? If we all thought no pen in real time then for me he made the correct call. Looked at the time like a superb challenge.
I instantly thought it was a penalty and slow motion only confirned it should have been.
Alfie was barged from behind and the defender didn't touch the ball. Stone waller.

We were awarded a free kick to the left of Livies box in the second half for an identical barge.

It was never a penalty in a million years.

Regarding possible offside at Alfie's goal, it is impossible to tell one way or another because of the camera angle therefore there is no way anyone looking at tv pictures can give a definitive decision. For Sportscene panellists to say Alfie was offside just confirms their anti Rangers bias once again.

It was a penalty as shown on tv. The defender didnt get the ball as Alfies foot stopped him.

I watched it on TV, for me he got the ball and got there ahead of Morelos, on every angle. Thought it was a very good tackle.

That was my opinion at the time (well after the replays) and is watching it on youtube again now.

Sportscene had a still showing Alfie's foot between the ball and the defender's foot. I thought at the time the defender got the ball but he didnt. Stewart and Thompson agreed. The defender didnt touch the ball.

Sportscene had a still showing Alfie's foot between the ball and the defender's foot. I thought at the time the defender got the ball but he didnt. Stewart and Thompson agreed. The defender didnt touch the ball.

So, basically what we are all saying is that the referee got it wrong at the penalty incident - twice. Should have blown for the push by Morelos on the defender but, having played on from that, should have given the penalty.:)

As for the offside at the second goal, it never occurred to me watching the match - which is usually my yardstick - but, from tv replays, it was a very tight call.

For those of us that dont watch Sportscene - which is clearly not as many as it should be - can nobody post this angle or still shot that proves it was a penalty? I watched the highlights again at lunchtime and cant see anything other than the defender getting the ball.

This has been a tough read. On sportscene they slowed down the replay from one angle and it conclusively shows that the touch on the ball is from Alfredo, the defender doesn’t get the ball, he gets Alfredo. There’s no ifs, buts or maybes about it, it IS a penalty even though it did initially look like a good challenge by the defender.

Back