Tried for a second time to engage one of them about the football.

I genuinely couldn't imagine being married to one of them. One of the main things I love about Mrs JW1988 is the fact that we have a shared love of TFGR, it was one of the first things we spoke about in school.

Met the missus at work. Next year will be 30 anniversary. Would agree re marrying a scum bint. Even if I did it wouldn't last long. Mind you, if it was Scarlett Johansson I might have given her a year....

I have known two who i would consider football fans and could give and take it.

They both were very aware and critical of celtic's constant cheapness.

Two! i am 47 and have known many of them over the years, that isn't a big percentage.

A strange breed.

And for the second time I got a curt 'Don't want to talk about it...'. So that's it, off the agenda. Different when it's us in chaos, they can't wait to pontificate and moralise. The ones in their early 20s know nothing apart from success and they're totally and utterly incapable of handling this shit they're in.

I've had the exact same in work. 3 of us everyday create a Skype Group chat and talk about the football all day, 2 Celtic fans and me. For 4 years I've had to take pelters from them as their £80mil in wages a season team were beating the likes of Rob Kiernan, Russell Martin, Lee Hodson, Sean Goss and Miles Beerman.

Now? Its total radio silence all day. Genuinely surprised at how bad they're taking it as they are quite reasonable for being supporters of them.

Since the 0-2 game in their midden our whatsapp group with two of them (in their early 40s);

The troll who gave it tight for years is taking it on the chin. But little does he know what is planned when 55 comes.

The other troll has not said a single thing in a group chat for over two months. Even the night scotland qualified etc. Brilliant!

See, if you give it out you need to take it and reply with ‘lap it up’ type comment

I used to get texts all the time from a parent of a kid in my kids class (no idea how he got number) giving it pish if we lost to them etc or if we dropped points ‘oh how did rangers get on...’ etc whilst knowing we’d fucked up

Which is fine if you have that relationship but I avoid it as it’s a nicer life not engaging them and I said %^*& all to him and I’ve never heard peep this season strangely

If we win the league I can see them losing 20,000 season tickets. Then with champions league money our period of domination will begin. Couldn’t have seen it happening before Gerrard came in. He will be a true Gers legend.

That's the way they are and the way they've always been. Happy to shout the odds when they're doing well and completely incapable of taking it back.

I’ve disowned many I used to talk with, football not being the only reason but I doubt even now many will looking to get back in touch anytime soon

My favourite line for them when they start talking about us and cheating and finances is:

“I’m comfortable to live with the mismanagement of finances, but I couldn’t live with the mismanaged of children.”

They have no response. It’s a conversation buster.
I always say,
I would rather have died with our history...Than live with yours!
They dont know what to do and shuffle nervously, until they remember that they have something to do.

I have one main rule for my daughter.

I don't care what race, religion or gender of the person you go out with. Just make sure it's never a Celtic fan. Sometimes people think I'm being funny until they see my face while I am saying it.

My wee girl is getting married in Nov next year. Her fella is a Scouser and when I met his parents who were made aware of my, shall we say strong opinions, they let me know that he was raised in the RC religion. He was at pains to point out that he wants nothing to do with that bollocks - his folks are similar btw.
He's been to Ibrox several times, with and without me and seems "swayed". He's also been to the pub with me to watch games over here and enjoyed the experience - pub very "Partizan"!! My daughter knows the score.

I always think it's best to lay ones cards on the table from day one.

Love my daughter and will always respect her choices BUT WILL NOT HAVE A MHANK about the place.

They took her to the Merseyside derby. After the game they asked her about her experience. She replied, "What sort of derby was that? Nobody got stabbed". You can take the lassie out of Glasgow....

I have one main rule for my daughter.

I don't care what race, religion or gender of the person you go out with. Just make sure it's never a Celtic fan. Sometimes people think I'm being funny until they see my face while I am saying it.
Correct life will be awryt if you stay clear of they fucking idiots.

I'm honestly not trying to be staunch but I just rarely engage with any of them about football. I'm actually not that interested in football but obsessed with Rangers so the thought of speaking to one of them about Rangers just baffles me.

I speak to them but not about football.

Remove them from your life and you'll not have to concern yourself with trying to rationalise their behaviour.
You can probably talk to a couple about football in general.

Messi, Bayern Munich, Ronaldo's six pack etc, but talking about football in the here that is here and the now?

Never has and won't ever be happening.

Every time I hear about how deranged they’ve got, I have “Celtic canny take it” to we’re not gonna take it by twisted sister play in my head

Had one at work today try and engage me re their piss poor performances. I managed to remain composed as he told me how their support were going to apply pressure to the board by demanding refunds on season tickets (including last season's). I almost had tears running down my face, by the time I reminded him the refund on the £50 child season ticket he brags of using would make f*** all difference.
Absolutely deluded, their sense of entitlement is beyond belief. Can't wait to see their ST renewal numbers, now they know success isn't guaranteed. We have won nothing yet and they are already in meltdown - glorious!

Back in the 90s I would get “why do you want to talk about Celtic, it’s got nothing to do with ye”

Changed days eh?

Aye they can’t handle it. Used to work with a guy 20 years ago. If we won a game against them, he would phone in sick. If they won which wasn’t that much he would appear but with a list of things ref did wrong.

They are not normal!!

I am 40 and never known it to be any different.
They love dishing it out but can't handle getting it back.
If we manage to win it this year I will be unbearable.

I am giving them it tight from time to time but nothing compared to what I will be like if we continue in our current form and complete our title charge. I will be absolutely relentless in winding them up every single day for months on end. And I work with about 10 of them.

And for the second time I got a curt 'Don't want to talk about it...'. So that's it, off the agenda. Different when it's us in chaos, they can't wait to pontificate and moralise. The ones in their early 20s know nothing apart from success and they're totally and utterly incapable of handling this shit they're in.
I’m 50 next week and I have never known it any other way.

Unfortunate enough to have worked with some just before our problems began with whyte. They never spoke about their defeats, all silence, but couldnt shut them up when they won a game.
Always took delight in shaking hands with bears in the work and smiling the biggest grin when we beat them. Last time was when we beat them 3_2 at Ibrox to stop them winning the league . Moved to another job shortly after and was so happy to leave behind their absolute bitterness and hatred.
L

My take on them as a Falkirk fan.
When I started going as a youngster with my dad, he would happily take me to Ibrox, but never parkhead.
He was raised in Edinburgh, his father was a big Hibs fan, but never had a good word to say about Celtic.
I got the impression he disliked them more than Hearts.... was close though.
My dad just loved football... hed go to Easter Road one week , then Tyncastle the next... but he would never go when they played celtic.
I had asked why... he said that their supporters were different to all others.
Over time when growing up I got to understand this better.
The verocity of abuse and the sheer hatred they spouted was unreal on occasions when coming into contact with them ( not all of them , but a good amount )
I've been to Ibrox many times watching Falkirk and had abuse shouted in my face etc... but accepted it as part of being an away fan at most games in Scotland.
But they are just on a different level, and with social media the way it is now its plain for all to see.
Even when I moved over to Canada it didnt stop.
My first week here I was in an indoor market.... someone heard my accent and asked ... " are you a h** ? ... I was like wtf...took a second for it to sink in before replying ... " naw... are you a fckin bead rattler? "
Had nothing similar since.
They will never change to be honest... probably just get worse.

Why trouble yourself trying to converse with people who continually prove themselves incapable of sensible debate.

Brainwashed from birth (yes it is a thing!) More than ever I'd say it's alive and well here in bigoted wee Scotland.

My take on them as a Falkirk fan.
When I started going as a youngster with my dad, he would happily take me to Ibrox, but never parkhead.
He was raised in Edinburgh, his father was a big Hibs fan, but never had a good word to say about Celtic.
I got the impression he disliked them more than Hearts.... was close though.
My dad just loved football... hed go to Easter Road one week , then Tyncastle the next... but he would never go when they played celtic.
I had asked why... he said that their supporters were different to all others.
Over time when growing up I got to understand this better.
The verocity of abuse and the sheer hatred they spouted was unreal on occasions when coming into contact with them ( not all of them , but a good amount )
I've been to Ibrox many times watching Falkirk and had abuse shouted in my face etc... but accepted it as part of being an away fan at most games in Scotland.
But they are just on a different level, and with social media the way it is now its plain for all to see.
Even when I moved over to Canada it didnt stop.
My first week here I was in an indoor market.... someone heard my accent and asked ... " are you a h** ? ... I was like wtf...took a second for it to sink in before replying ... " naw... are you a fckin bead rattler? "
Had nothing similar since.
They will never change to be honest... probably just get worse.
They are scum to the core.

From the heights of 67 and 70 when they were at the pinnacle of football, nine in a row, blah blah blah, kings of Europe, blah blah blah, invincibles???
And all the while generations of young people in their care were subjected to Torbett, Cairney and Mccafferty (and the rest).
Everything they stand for needs exposed !!! A few bad results and the vile comes shining through. Shown up in their true light. Undesirables.

I was only a kid when they were winning 9 in a row in the 1970's, and they didn't wear the mantle of champions with any class or style even back then. They were horrible, vile scum.

Last edited:
I’m keeping quiet, it’s easy to do, being based abroad. But come #55, I may raise my voice. I can’t wait to savour even more of their tears.

I'm 56 and they've always been like that. Weird, deluded, bitter, twisted, (oh what's the point, I could go on forever). I have to say, there are a few exceptions but they are few and far between.

As a lot of younger Bears are finding out now, your average tim doesn't want to talk about football. Things like tactics, player's attributes, formations, wing-backs, low-block, etc are all foreign to most mentally challengeds. All they are concerned about is winning. They have no idea about the actual game itself and they somehow think they have a devine right to win everything regardless of the opposition.

That's my experience of our clatty neighbours, and I also find that some of the most bitter ones are female (they must be easily brainwashed).

Before I retired, I worked in a factory in Clydebank, hoaching with bheasts. Just after I joined, I realised they were all mental (had never been that bad in previous jobs) and you couldn't reason with them, so stopped discussing football with them. This enraged them even more and I enjoyed their meltdowns even more.

Mentally scarred mate. On the plus side though I know all the words to their rebel songs
You have my sympathy. I used to nick about with a wee bird from the crazy brazy. Being a Peterson Park boy and a blue nose it was like a SAS mission just trying to get your Nat King.

Round the pool at the Ambassador Hotel Benidorm some years ago the wife spotted 2 free beds. I unfolded my Rangers towel on one and the fat fucker next bed stood up revealing a Celtic towel. Him and his misses packed up and buggered off. " Something you said ?" enquired a nearby bloke.

Life's too short.

Not posing as über-staunch or anything, but I find it impossible to "engage" with them.

I'm almost 60 years of age and can state, with 99% confidence levels, that every one I have encountered in my adult years has been a bitter, deluded c**t.

The ones ive said "they are actually alright" tend to just hide it better. At some point they always show that deep down they are all absolutely mental.

"Madness as you know, is a lot like gravity. All it takes is a little push"
Couldn’t agree with you more witnessed it countless times.

I don't bother engaging with them in my workplace, I simply re arrange my Union Flags on my desk to a more prominent position, smile at them and drink coffee out my Rangers Mug. Monday is always busy and Simply the Best ringtone on my phone drives them up the wall.

Back