Trippier to Atletico for £21.7m

I'll not start another thread but just compared the stats between the 2 and the only thing Tierney has over trippier is age. Trippier also has better hips.

No way the beats will get 25m

Trippier had a very good World Cup, albeit against shite opposition, last year and scored a belter of a free kick.

I was at a Spurs game last season and there was a lot of moaning in the stands about his defending and he got skinned a few times. General consensus was they needed two new full backs if they want to seriously compete.

However this a a great move for him and good on him for giving it a shot. I was listening to Danny Mills on Talksport this morning and he is questioning the risk of the move for Trippier and is worried that he "slips off the radar". FFS, deluded dick. He is going to a brilliant club.

I'm surprised but thankful nobody has came in for Tav
Went through my mind when I seen trppier was away they now have no recognised experienced right back and watching a lot of spurs last season Tav would be a perfect fit for the way their manager puts out his team .
Don't think he would go ,loves it up here and he's got us ,but as SG has said on numerous occasions every player has their price .

By most accounts, he had a poor season last year but have to admit I was quite impressed by Trippier most times I saw him before that and he was undoubtedly one of Englands shining lights at last WC so slightly surprised by the "he's pish" consensus on here.

Big test for him in La Liga, fair play to him for taking it on. Could easily have stayed in the EPL bubble / comfort zone but obviously fancies the challenge. Doubt very much that Spurs will come sniffng around Tav btw but they could do a lot worse than bringing him in as replacement (although goes without saying we should attempt to keep him at all costs).

Good, signing.

Can see why they wanted to spend £20+ million on him.

Will excel over there.

There's a vast sum of people on here who claim to not be interested in the EPL. That would explain some of the comments.

"It's all about the German football".

By most accounts, he had a poor season last year but have to admit I was quite impressed by Trippier most times I saw him before that and he was undoubtedly one of Englands shining lights at last WC so slightly surprised by the "he's pish" consensus on here.

Big test for him in La Liga, fair play to him for taking it on. Could easily have stayed in the EPL bubble / comfort zone but obviously fancies the challenge. Doubt very much that Spurs will come sniffng around Tav btw but they could do a lot worse than bringing him in as replacement (although goes without saying we should attempt to keep him at all costs).

Loads of people have good tournaments and never really kick on.

It's a bizarre signing though. Signing a guy who doesn't speak a word of Spanish just seems a bit odd.

vastly overrated and the fee reflects that

but

EPL > SPL
CL & WC Experience > couple of CL games and shite for Scotland
Fitness > Dodgy hips

£25m mentalism for Plook

Went through my mind when I seen trppier was away they now have no recognised experienced right back and watching a lot of spurs last season Tav would be a perfect fit for the way their manager puts out his team .
Don't think he would go ,loves it up here and he's got us ,but as SG has said on numerous occasions every player has their price .

Sorry, but if Spurs were to come in for Tav he's gone.

So are you saying if you had the option between Tav and Trippier then you would chose the latter?

Silly.

Every day. One played for spurs and just competed in a CL final before moving to Athletico. Tav looks good in a pub league.

Arsenal should go for Danny Rose as he will do a job for them and is up for sale.

Big Sol done it and he became a top defender for Arsenal.

I think he'll do well in La Liga.

Good on the ball, up and down the right, fantastic delivery, his reading of the game is decent and he can pass a ball.

He's not the greatest in terms of defending but still solid enough. I think Simeone will get a bit more out of him.

I think he'll do well in La Liga.

Good on the ball, up and down the right, fantastic delivery, his reading of the game is decent and he can pass a ball.

He's not the greatest in terms of defending but still solid enough. I think Simeone will get a bit more out of him.

I agree. He’s certainly not pish as some seem to think, he’s a very decent right back and particularly good in attacking mode, crossing the ball and delivering set pieces. Good move for him to Atletico I think. I always like to see a British player back themselves and ply their trade in other leagues. I apply the same principle to Aaron Ramsey heading for Juve. I know the money is huge in that case but it’s too easy and too lazy to stay in the EPL so moving abroad shows they want to learn different football techniques and experience a different culture, I respect that.

Does it matter? A season of mediocrity awaits them as per - and yes, they made the CL final but they were utter dung.

I’m surprised they’re letting their first choice (from memory) RB go without replacing him

Forgetting about Aurier right enough

Last edited:
at least he will be used to his new home stadium ,having been there and seen liverpool walk away with the champs league

Back