Trippier to Atletico Madrid

Spurs fans were convinced he was better than Walker. He is decent but not the world beater made out to be after the World Cup.

He is pretty decent, offers more than just a set piece IMO - his delivery in general is excellent.

Likely an element of Billy Beane to making an addition who offers the assets he has.

See Delph moved for 8 figures. I know he only had a year left but that's a bargain in EPL terms.

To be fair £25 million these days for an EPL player and England International isn’t actually that much, imagine trying to buy one of either Liverpool or Man City’s full backs? It would cost at least double that.

£25m is buttons in the EPL.

Could be a good move for him to learn a different style of football.

To be fair £25 million these days for an EPL player and England International isn’t actually that much, imagine trying to buy one of either Liverpool or Man City’s full backs? It would cost at least double that.

Leicester are rumoured to be signing Lewis Dunk for £45m. Not a fullback but just plain crazy.

Considering the prices English players usually go for then this seems quite cheap.

If he was staying within the EPL it would have been more. Allerdyce said as much last week on Talksport about making English clubs pay a premium when signing players.

If he was staying within the EPL it would have been more. Allerdyce said as much last week on Talksport about making English clubs pay a premium when signing players.

Probably, but I still think it is cheap considering the money Atletico have made in the transfer market and that he is an England player. They were talking about signing Chilwell for about £70m.

My opinion has nothing to do with ability just what English players cost.

He had a good world cup and looked to be enjoying it,but as happens after world cups some who have a good tournament dissapear after it.

Madness. He's average at best for the level he's been playing at.

Boggles the mind he's starting for England over some of their talents there.

According to SSN Simione has concerns over his ability to communicate with the players due to being unable to speak Spanish and Juve and Napoli are also interested.

Last edited:
He’s a very poor attacking full-back for the highest level, but reliable defensively.

Atletico focus on defence first so not that strange a move. There’s a dearth of quality right backs around at the moment.

Apparently set to undergo a medical. 25 mill the price

Strange signing. Other than set pieces I think hes a fairly bang average player
Couple of Spurs fans I know say the same, week in week out he's their weakest link, as you say a few set pieces on Matchbof the Day and because he scores Fantasy Football points people have a lofty opinion that exceeds his ability.
In saying that Simeone is one of those tough guys who loves a defensive set up and wouldn't spunk the Griezmann money willy nilly, so perhaps it's a case of what do we know!!

Had a decent world cup and scored a cracking free kick.

Apart from that he's bang average.

Great move for the lad living in a beautiful city with great weather playing for a team that will be challenging for trophies think he'll do well over there

I see Aurier is also being punted and Spurs are chasing Marseille RB Sakai...if they had scouts at Ibrox, there's only 1 RB that should be on their radar!

Back