Trivia : Rangers players to score in Title seasons for 3 different managers

nelster

Official FF Paparazzi
The thread about Kenny Miller scoring in 4 decades and the 1998 thread has started me on this one.

Rangers players who have scored in title seasons for 3 different Rangers managers.

Feel free to name the managers / seasons rather than just flinging names.

* Haven’t looked beyond 2011 as that was our most recent title.

I'm guessing there won't be many modern ones, as the side Eck inherited was completely different from the 9IAR squad, and to the side Smith took over in 2007. Ferguson aside.

Edit: I'm going to say Ferguson is the only player to do it in the past 60 years. OP?

I don't think any players bridged the Smith > Advocaat > McLeish years, and scored in a title winning team. Albertz maybe was the only survivor from Smith who scored?

I have 1 more which was why I posted the thread.

Still racking my head trying to think of an Ian Ferguson goal under Dick, maybe one of early cup games he could have.

Edit. You can have Ian Ferguson as he scored against Airdrie in the 1998 League Cup Semi for Dick Advocaat.

I don't think any players bridged the Smith > Advocaat > McLeish years, and scored in a title winning team. Albertz maybe was the only survivor from Smith who scored?
My first thought was Albertz but not sure if he scored in McCleish’s title season.
Then I thought of Amoruso

According to this Ian Ferguson scored 1 goal under Advocaat in the League cup in 98/99. So technically he did score in a league winning year, if not in the actual league campaign.

Which in turn bizarrely means that Fergie scored in title seasons for 3 different managers and also scored in the league cup in each of those seasons which Rangers also won.

Convoluted :))

Still definitely 1 more not mentioned.

If you can work out the scorer at Pittodrie in 1997 wearing number 7 you have the last one I could think of when posting

Which in turn bizarrely means that Fergie scored in title seasons for 3 different managers and also scored in the league cup in each of those seasons which Rangers also won.

Convoluted :))

Still definitely 1 more not mentioned.

Chris Burke?

EDIT: Just checked and it was 01/02 he made his debut. I knew he made it under Advocaat I think? Or actually was it McLeish? Thinking it might've been McLeish now, but he actually left before Sith won a title anyway so he missed Walter too.

I'm guessing there won't be many modern ones, as the side Eck inherited was completely different from the 9IAR squad, and to the side Smith took over in 2007. Ferguson aside.

Edit: I'm going to say Ferguson is the only player to do it in the past 60 years. OP?

Struggle to think of older ones either as we changed manager very rarely. I think at one point Smith had seen off more Celtic managers himself than we had had managers. If he didn’t then it was damn close

There wont be any older ones. up until Scot Symon got the bag in 67/68 we had 3 managers.

Back