Tuchel to Chelsea official

Looking forward to seeing how he does. A guy with more tactical knowledge in his pinky finger than Frank Lampard.

Him and Pep get on well off the pitch. Be interesting to see them battle each other again.

Don't get the hype with Tuchel. Didn't do much with Dortmund and had a free run at it with PSG.

I'm sure I heard some sat that he was the worst coach for PSG under the middle east regime?

How are Chelsea going to get round quarantine rules ?

Do you not need to quarantine if coming into UK ?

Watched an interview BT did with him a few years ago and he was a fascinating listen, clearly a very clued up individual with a very particular way of working.

Was slightly unlucky not to win the Champions League last year.

Will be unemployed again by June 2022.

Can't see the fuss about guy at all. A fucking chimp could win that French league with PSG.
Agreed. I think the best guy for them would have been the RB Leipzig manager, but couldn’t see him leaving them just now to go to what has basically become a basket case of a club.

Tuchel will probably get 18 months tops, and get sacked too.

Don't get the hype with Tuchel. Didn't do much with Dortmund and had a free run at it with PSG.

I'm sure I heard some sat that he was the worst coach for PSG under the middle east regime?

That’s a pretty harsh assessment. Ok it’s a one horse league but he did win League 1 in both his seasons there, got them to the Champions League final and created the better chances before losing to that amazing Munich side 1-0. On another night could have won the lot.
And don’t forget the reason he got the Dortmund job in the first place was his five seasons with Mainz, took them into the Europa league twice with the smallest budget in the division.
Only Munich, Dortmund, Leverkusen, Schalke got more points than Mainz in his years there.
Reputation as a genius coach who is pretty hard to get on with.

I think this guy will sort out Chelsea, including the Germans in the team, he won't win anything this season but next year they will go all out for the league and the cups as well as in the Champions League or the Eruo. League.

Wonder if he will be able to get a tune out of Havertz and Werner? Think they will come good eventually

He reached a Champions League final last season. Albeit he lost but it wasn't exactly a walk over for Bayern. The way people are talking about him here, you'd think he was a total diddy and hadn't achieved anything. A massive improvement on Frank Lampard.
Our resident managerial experts need a new target considering they were all wrong about OGS.

Our resident managerial experts need a new target considering they were all wrong about OGS.
Tuchel isn't a bad manager just seems like a bad move.

And as for OGS, what's he done? Papped out the CL and managed to stay in a title race for a few months longer than usual?

Chelsea will be looking for a new manager in December.
For no other reason than thats the way they operate.
If Tuchel has one bad run of games, he will be gone.

I thought in the big games for PSG he was tactically weak and naive.

He spent a fortune at Dortmund to win what, the German Cup?

A completely over rated manager.

I'm pretty certain his net spend at BVB was in the green. They sold the likes of Hummels, Mkhitaryan and Gundogan against his will, replacing them with youngsters like Dembele and Guerriero. He also brought through Pulisic and took Aubameyang's game to another level.

I'm pretty certain his net spend at BVB was in the green. They sold the likes of Hummels, Mkhitaryan and Gundogan against his will, replacing them with youngsters like Dembele and Guerriero. He also brought through Pulisic and took Aubameyang's game to another level.
Klopp was the manager at BVB when those players were sold

Back