Tuchel to Chelsea official

Wonder if he will be able to get a tune out of Havertz and Werner? Think they will come good eventually
I think so too. Lampard didn't play either in the best system to get the best out of them - not entirely his fault given he had Pulisic and Ziyech injured for spells this season.

Ziyech - Havertz - Pulisic
Werner

That's a good front 4 if you have a solid base in midfield, which based on current players is probably Kante and Kovacic. Means leaving Mount out who's been one of their better players this season but I think Lampard's insistence on forcing him into the team has prevented them being able to find the best 11

I think so too. Lampard didn't play either in the best system to get the best out of them - not entirely his fault given he had Pulisic and Ziyech injured for spells this season.

Werner

That's a good front 4 if you have a solid base in midfield, which based on current players is probably Kante and Kovacic. Means leaving Mount out who's been one of their better players this season but I think Lampard's insistence on forcing him into the team has prevented them being able to find the best 11

Lampard was obsessed with the 433 when 4231 suits his players far better.

Pep had to adjust his formation as well because Rodri simply wasn't mobile enough to play the single pivot role. He has adjusted the shape to 4231, made them tough to break down at the back and now they are blowing teams away again going forward.

Lampard was obsessed with the 433 when 4231 suits his players far better.

Pep had to adjust his formation as well because Rodri simply wasn't mobile enough to play the single pivot role. He has adjusted the shape to 4231, made them tough to break down at the back and now they are blowing teams away again going forward.
Yeah agreed - 4231 is clearly the formation that suits their best players.

Pointless buying one of the most talented young 10s in the world in Havertz to then stick him on the wing or play him deeper.

I think Tuchel, if he implements this, will get results pretty quick. It's still a really good squad

Werner

I posted that regularly on some of match threads. Mason was always in and forced rest out of kilter. However he has been one of better players so dilemma is what to do with mason?

I posted that regularly on some of match threads. Mason was always in and forced rest out of kilter. However he has been one of better players so dilemma is what to do with mason?
It's a tough one because Mount is a good player and has been playing well, but Chelsea as a whole aren't getting the results. In my opinion he has to be sacrificed to try to get the best system for their stronger players as a whole.

I think Mount could potentially be one of the sitting two, but that would mean curbing his attacking instincts a little.

It's a tough one because Mount is a good player and has been playing well, but Chelsea as a whole aren't getting the results. In my opinion he has to be sacrificed to try to get the best system for their stronger players as a whole.

I think Mount could potentially be one of the sitting two, but that would mean curbing his attacking instincts a little.

I agree. Against teams who are going to sit in and defend i think Mount would do well beside Kante (if he can rediscover his form)

He will need to adapt his game. If he becomes more disciplined he could certainly play as one of the two in the 4231 and get forward and support at the right times. Similar to Goretzka at Bayern.

Solid appointment, did well at Mainz and Dortmund. People questioning his PSG record (My granny could win French league with PSG) should stop and realise they failed at Champ league quarters/last 16 for about a decade prior to Tuchel's appointment.

Mount has had a good season but on the whole Chelsea have been garbage. Lampard not changing his formation to suit his best first 11 rather was one of his downfalls.

Making the team suffer for one individual but now one individual might get dropped and it’ll make the team better.

Making Werner play wing to play Abraham up front was madness too...Werner was lethal last season and doing that has shot his confidence, Abraham is a championship level striker.

PSG looked lost in the CL final last season...Dont know if that was down to Tuchel or just the players, particularly the 'stars' not turning up.

Tuchel is a good coach and tactician.

He qualified for the Europa League with Mainz twice. Finishing ahead of much bigger clubs with bigger budgets.

Dortmund were already on a downward curve when he took over and he improved on the season before he took over where they finished 7th place. The team bus bombing impacted his final season.

At PSG some are writing off his achievements, aside from the league wins he went further with them in the CL than any of their other managers and done it by getting their big stars looking more tactically organised and working harder collectively than they had before.

He's far, far more qualified for the job than Lampard was.

Time will tell if he's up to the job,hopefully will be a success.
If not roman will hand him his P45 sharpish.

He hasn't a brilliant C.V. but is German , maybe that is why he got the job.
DvfBVjA.gif

Seems a bit mad they were determined to get a German to help Werner and Havertz. Really don't think he'll do well there.
Can't see the fuss about guy at all. A fucking chimp could win that French league with PSG.
18 months then another massive pay off
Don't get the hype with Tuchel. Didn't do much with Dortmund and had a free run at it with PSG.

I'm sure I heard some sat that he was the worst coach for PSG under the middle east regime?
I will give him a year.
I thought in the big games for PSG he was tactically weak and naive.

He spent a fortune at Dortmund to win what, the German Cup?

A completely over rated manager.
Terrible appointment in my uneducated view.
Think Roman has lost the plot with this appointment.

:shh:

Have to say I watched first leg of that tie and Chelsea imo were excellent , the three defenders setup was extremely impressive and he has coupled it with a dynamic punchy forward setup . Kante also superb.

I’m watching the final lol

They've had a favourable draw to the final but fair play, you can only beat what has been put in front of you.

I actually think West Ham could still pip them to 4th. Chelsea have got a difficult run in whereas West Ham's is a bit easier.

They've had a favourable draw to the final but fair play, you can only beat what has been put in front of you.

I actually think West Ham could still pip them to 4th. Chelsea have got a difficult run in whereas West Ham's is a bit easier.
Madrid are rubbish these days but you can’t take anything away from Chelsea.

Madrid are rubbish these days but you can’t take anything away from Chelsea.
Yeah as I said, fair play to Chelsea.

If they had been in City's half of the draw I would have fancied PSG or Bayern to put them out though.

Yep Watching the 2 teams you can see the difference a good manager can make.

Some red necks on this thread.
Azpicuileta looked done under Lampard. He has been superb since Tuchel came in. Rudiger also was out the team under Lampard and has been immense since coming back in.

The defence is obviously where the biggest improvement has taken place. 18 clean sheets in 24 games at the level Chelsea operate is unbelievable tbh.

Back