Tuesday’s football

Defensively they are poor. You could make a case for replacing them all during the summer.
James Maddison saying in the interview there on Sky that Leicester knew Chelsea switch off at set pieces so that's why Leicester tried the corner for the first goal. Not really what you want to hear if you're a Chelsea fan.

He should never have got that job in the first place.

He showed very little at Derby.

Fair does. You obv have a nit more knowledge than me! I'd say all fit their system apart from Havertz, is that correct? And has Ziyech had injuries?
I think the trouble is there doesn't seem to be a system. He changes the starting line up almost every week and clearly doesn't know his best xi.

Havertz has looked half the player he was at leverkusen, whether its positional, coaching, style of play i don't know but he just hasnt looked up to it, or indeed up for it, games have passed him by. Pundits more knowledgable than me suggest he lacks the physicality and was simply more suited to leverkusen's system - im not an analytics anorak so have no idea what system they played regularly vs that of Chelsea's. Only time I saw leverkusen in recent years was our meeting vs them in the europa.

Ziyech is an anomaly.. has had a horrific time with injuries since he joined and he is no spring chicken - he's 28 in March this year. Not a clue what his record with injuries is like historically but he is without doubt a class act, just need him fit and in a settled eleven.

Its defensively where lampard has had a fucking nightmare. Rudiger and zouma as frequent starters at CB aint gonna win you a league title.

That said conte managed it with that fuckin clown Luiz playing at the back so anything is possible!!!

Lop sided recruitment for me though. Clueless.

Give him more time is what I say.

OGS gone by Christmas 2019...huge numbers on here jumped on that bandwagon.

Gerrard out was another popular chant as well on here not so long ago.

Lampard the new man to hate.

Maybe some of you will eventually get something right.

Second half of extra time coming up here in Rome in BT, Roma need to hold on for pens after a mental 25 seconds.

Second half of extra time coming up here in Rome in BT, Roma need to hold on for pens after a mental 25 seconds.
Bastards done my line, needed one more roma corner. They had from about the 70th minute and couldn't manage it so they deserve all that's coming to them.

I think the trouble is there doesn't seem to be a system. He changes the starting line up almost every week and clearly doesn't know his best xi.

Havertz has looked half the player he was at leverkusen, whether its positional, coaching, style of play i don't know but he just hasnt looked up to it, or indeed up for it, games have passed him by. Pundits more knowledgable than me suggest he lacks the physicality and was simply more suited to leverkusen's system - im not an analytics anorak so have no idea what system they played regularly vs that of Chelsea's. Only time I saw leverkusen in recent years was our meeting vs them in the europa.

Ziyech is an anomaly.. has had a horrific time with injuries since he joined and he is no spring chicken - he's 28 in March this year. Not a clue what his record with injuries is like historically but he is without doubt a class act, just need him fit and in a settled eleven.

Its defensively where lampard has had a fucking nightmare. Rudiger and zouma as frequent starters at CB aint gonna win you a league title.

That said conte managed it with that fuckin clown Luiz playing at the back so anything is possible!!!

Lop sided recruitment for me though. Clueless.
Havertz vs us looked to be a very intelligent player with his movement and runs and I dont think he will be afforded that luxury playing for Chelsea. Didnt know Ziyech was 28!

Havertz vs us looked to be a very intelligent player with his movement and runs and I dont think he will be afforded that luxury playing for Chelsea. Didnt know Ziyech was 28!
Havertz looked next level against us and there's a reason they paid tens of millions for him. Sometimes it doesn't work out, sometimes the system or position isn't right, sometimes its shit coaching. Time will tell

Also had no idea ziyech was that age until he signed!

Havertz looked next level against us and there's a reason they paid tens of millions for him. Sometimes it doesn't work out, sometimes the system or position isn't right, sometimes its shit coaching. Time will tell

Also had no idea ziyech was that age until he signed!
Posted already Havertz had COVID19 very badly I’m no doctor but the boy looks done at kick off. There was an interview with Lampard and he spoke about it. Sure it was BBC.

Cousin Jamie banging the 'give him time' drum for Frank.

If they get much worse then I wouldn't think Abramovich will be too shy in pulling the trigger.

He'll be hoping these new buys get a grip soon.

Posted already Havertz had COVID19 very badly I’m no doctor but the boy looks done at kick off. There was an interview with Lampard and he spoke about it. Sure it was BBC.
Fair point well made, but started pretty slow in his 7 matches before covid. Couple of assists and a goal, against west brom and soton i think... which on paper actually looks ok!

Still 7 matches is no time to fully judge a player, but for a youngster who looked next level against us in the europa league he looked lost at times in this Chelsea side.

I reiterate though I dont think its a problem with the player, I just think lampard is a shit manager. Wont go down well on here but it is what it is. All about opinions

I think Lampard will be given more time. It's the correct thing to do in my view, give him and his team more of a chance to sort things out. Abramovich might not agree with me though!

Back