Tuesday football thread

Headless French chickens running around like Griffiths on magic mushrooms without a shot on target and think they were the better team. It must be the onions

Right, reading through the thread and have to pick this up.

It was one of the best defensive performances I have ever seen. Seriously that good. I think you were watching a different game.

They defended well in the 1st half when I’d said that. But PSG were on the front foot at that point, albeit toothless.

It doesn’t matter anyway, Chelsea or Real Madrid will win the final

They defended well in the 1st half when I’d said that. But PSG were on the front foot at that point, albeit toothless.

It doesn’t matter anyway, Chelsea or Real Madrid will win the final

City were letting them come on to them. They never wanted to press too much while 1-0 up as PSG could have passed their way out the press. So they defended extremely narrow and gave up no space in behind at all. It was a tactical masterclass from Pep.

City are the best team in world football this year, even if they were to lose the final.

Hope Madrid can get to the final fancy them to give city more of a game.
Yep.

I'd prefer Real to go through tomorrow. And I still think there is a fair chance they will.

City v Real would be a better final imo.

City to win it regardless, imo.

Both Manchester clubs picking up the trophies imo.

Lescott reckons two wins against Chels coming up this month. Is that so, remind me brain trust, what the score was the last time the two played each other?

If Chelsea win, surely they should move the final to Wembley and give it to Istanbul next year instead.

Wembley is already getting fans in, and were talking about 2 clubs from that country so no international travel.

No brainer.

City were letting them come on to them. They never wanted to press too much while 1-0 up as PSG could have passed their way out the press. So they defended extremely narrow and gave up no space in behind at all. It was a tactical masterclass from Pep.

City are the best team in world football this year, even if they were to lose the final.

Perhaps they are the best team in the world - that certainly says more about the regresssion of of others than anything else.

They’re lucky an injury ravaged Bayern were battered in that first leg by Mbappe (absent tonight) because this city team doesn’t hold a candle to peak Bayern which won it last year.

I think Chelsea will progress tommorow, and I think they’ll win the final.

If a league triumph against no opposition, plus their standard carabao cup win is enough to make you fawn over this City side, so be it.

But we won’t even remember them in 5 years. Like the City teams that have come before, they’ll blur into one. Winning the league handsomely, interchanged with poor domestic performances where they don’t win the league....for their borderline financial cheating it’s all a bit forgettable.

A small club riding on the wave of obscene spending, a club that would collapse imminently if the paymasters pulled the plug. They’re utterly reprehensible and that was before their dalliance with the “super league”

If Chelsea win, surely they should move the final to Wembley and give it to Istanbul next year instead.

Wembley is already getting fans in, and were talking about 2 clubs from that country so no international travel.

No brainer.
Wembley already hosting the playoff finals that weekend.

Perhaps they are the best team in the world - that certainly says more about the regresssion of of others than anything else.

They’re lucky an injury ravaged Bayern were battered in that first leg by Mbappe (absent tonight) because this city team doesn’t hold a candle to peak Bayern which won it last year.

If a league triumph against no opposition, plus their standard carabao cup win is enough to make you fawn over this City side, so be it.

But we won’t even remember them in 5 years. Like the City teams that have come before, they’ll blur into one. Winning the league handsomely, interchanged with poor domestic performances where they don’t win the league....for their borderline financial cheating it’s all a bit forgettable.

A small club riding on the wave of obscene spending, a club that would collapse imminently if the paymasters pulled the plug. They’re utterly reprehensible and that was before their dalliance with the “super league”

If you are saying Foden, Mahrez, Diaz, de Bruyne, Gundogan, Fernandinho and Silva aren't exceptional players than I'm afraid I'm lost for words.

Another one saying this. I'm no City fan, but this stuff about them being a small club is a bit unfair. You'd think they were the equivalent of Bristol Rovers they way some posters go on. As I posted a few pages back...

City won more English titles and FA Cups prior to Abramovich than Chelsea had won.
They won a European trophy before we did.

They're not a giant, but they aren't a diddy team.

Every time you hear a commentator on sky or especially BT you think he is easily the worst

They must all have a contest

Jermaine jenas has took over for me

“I just think PSG are taking more chances”

3-1 down on aggregate in a semi final second leg will do that to you

Kyle Walker also throws himself to the ground clear dive which just gets ignored

Jena's is garbage. Ignores the game and commentated on what he wants to see.

I’m so glad my posts are amusing you so much CoopBlue.

Time is always the best healer and it’s great to see you laughing again

Another one saying this. I'm no City fan, but this stuff about them being a small club is a bit unfair. You'd think they were the equivalent of Bristol Rovers they way some posters go on. As I posted a few pages back...

City won more English titles and FA Cups prior to Abramovich than Chelsea had won.

Chelsea are a bigger club than Man City. I wouldn’t call either of them Giants but Chelsea were always a bigger club.

Chelsea were still one of the bigger English teams before Abramovich. Even under Bates they were contenders.

City were a regional north west club 20 years ago. Whereas Chelsea always garnered respect, City’s rise is wholly based on the grotesque amounts of money pumped into them.

If Chelsea get through tomorrow night, it'll be a competitive but desperately dull game like their FA Cup Semi-Final and I don't know who will win it.

If Real Madrid get through, they are getting tanned by Manchester City by three or more goals.

That's not a dig at Real Madrid, it's just that they are the perfect team for Manchester City to face.

If Chelsea get through tomorrow night, it'll be a competitive but desperately dull game like their FA Cup Semi-Final and I don't know who will win it.

If Real Madrid get through, they are getting tanned by Manchester City by three or more goals.

That's not a dig at Real Madrid, it's just that they are the perfect team for Manchester City to face.
From purely a footballing spectacle for the neutral, it will be better if Real get to the final.

How did Fernandinho go through that game without being booked btw? Had about 10 fouls!

Couple of others lucky not to see red as well. Verratti lost the plot at one point and there were a couple of shockers late on.

Really hope it's not an all English final - City vs Real would be a much better game.

From purely a footballing spectacle for the neutral, it will be better if Real get to the final.
It does depend on what you're looking for in a game, though.

If you want a tense, tactical battle between two great teams then you'd want Chelsea to get through.

That's a very close game that could go either way.

If you want to see this Real Madrid team finally be finished in a brutal manner within 45 minutes, then you'd want Real Madrid to get through.

That game will not be a contest.

It will be like the 1990 World Cup Final, where a bunch of old and average players are dragged to a final by a mercurial, once in a generation talent up top (alongside one or two other really good players) but they will come up against a machine that nullifies their threats, gets their goal and breaks them for a generation.

I know, I know. I am just sick of smaller clubs getting funded the way they do. We will forever be on the outside looking in on the latter stages of the CL.

I'm trying to think, if Chelsea get through tonight, have we ever had an oil and gas CL final before? :p

Back