Tuesday night WCQ's

Craig

Holland v Sweden on ITV4 @1930

Portugal v Switzerland on Sky Sports @1945

France v Belrus Sky Sports (red button @1945.

Holland game is a dead rubber.
Portugal game is a shoot out for automatic qualification. No brainer what I’m watching.

The S American qualifiers later on should be interesting.

There is that many different permutations as to who can qualify, reach a play off or fail to qualify it should be a topsy turvy night!

Will be watching Portugal and hoping Alves gets some game time just to get his fitness levels up for Friday.

Imagine if Portugal and Argentina don't make it, the 2 best players in the world not on a World Cup...

Ref losing the plot a bit in the Portugal game.

Andre Silva lucky not to be at least booked for a bad challenge on Djourou, then books a Swiss player for booting the ball away a nano second after blowing the whistle.

Portugal getting everything. Silva avoids a clear yellow, Swiss picks up a yellow for an accidental handball, and Portugal avoid conceding a pretty clear penalty

Portugal getting everything. Silva avoids a clear yellow, Swiss picks up a yellow for an accidental handball, and Portugal avoid conceding a pretty clear penalty
What about the clear penalty the guy with the ponytail should have given away?

Who’s is this clown of a co-commentator in the Portugal game? :confused:

Presume Northern Ireland not seeded in playoffs.... who can they get?

Italy and Croatia must be 2 of the 4 seeds. Other 2?

Happy for Bruno to have been on the bench. I'm sure he'll still be sharp enough match fitness wise for us on Friday and I'm happy for him to avoid a game tonight before coming back to us.

So Slovakia didn’t get a play off place. So we came third in the poorest group.

Yes correct shows what happens when you rely on rhats to play and manage. Puts the so called 'glorious failure' into perspective 3rd in a group where only 1 team progressed. Gee that was great Hamish.

Yes correct shows what happens when you rely on rhats to play and manage. Puts the so called 'glorious failure' into perspective 3rd in a group where only 1 team progressed. Gee that was great Hamish.
I’m no fan of Strachan but unfortunately the Celtic players did make the team better. In fact the last match he should have played McGregor IMHO.
Anyway we’ll get a new manager soon and see what he does.

Presume Northern Ireland not seeded in playoffs.... who can they get?

Italy and Croatia must be 2 of the 4 seeds. Other 2?

Depends on how FIFA rankings work out on Monday. Tonight it stands:-
Switzerland 1210 pts
Italy 1035
Croatia 977
NI 945
Switzerland 918
Denmark 848
RoI 769
Greece 665

NI will drop points having lost last two games. It depends on how many they drop. Possibly we'll be 5th on Monday night

Back