Tuesday's Champions League and other football

Horncastle: “I was looking back at what most embarrassing Juventus European defeat and had to go back to the late 50s”

Eh...not mind that time they lost to Celtic in 2001...

Got the Bournemouth vs Forest game on in the background

Forest 2 down
The last a penalty concedes by Colback a truly awful player

Very real possibility that Cloughs old teams both get relegated

Immobile has been one of my favorite players for a long time.

Sad it never took off for him at Dortmund but what a strike rate at Lazio.

Haaland again.

God knows what fee Dortmund will get for him when he leaves.

Think it’s time for my customary Champions league night thread statement to you that Ferencvaros and Cluj are pish and we would have beat them.
Totally agree mate, Juve have been really poor this season though. Also, for all I’d expect us to beat the Hungarians they only lost 2/14 European games last season.

We’d still horse teams like Cluj, Kiev, the Hungarians et al. Once we get there it’ll be a fun playground.

love the Bt goals show, the guys talk about the football, the systems, the managers rather than just nonsense we get in Scotland

It’s not just Scotland to be fair.

I don’t rate their punditry on individual games....drivel from the likes of Savage or Keown.

The goals show is much more ‘grown up’ and reminds me of the much lamented European Football Show which was a Sunday night staple for me back in the middle of the 2010s

I don’t rate their punditry on individual games....drivel from the likes of Savage or Keown.

The goals show is much more ‘grown up’ and reminds me of the much lamented European Football Show which was a Sunday night staple for me back in the middle of the 2010s
I’m sure BT had one a couple of years ago, also Mcmanaman is torture too.

Agree, Keown is horrendous and McManaman not much better. But the goals show is good because it discusses other leagues and players and isn’t just a Premiership love in

Immobile has been one of my favorite players for a long time.

Sad it never took off for him at Dortmund but what a strike rate at Lazio.
Their second all time goalscorer and 'only' been there 4 years, that's crazy good.

He will also beat their all time scorer Pioli, since he scored 143 and Immobile is on 132.

I’m sure BT had one a couple of years ago, also Mcmanaman is torture too.

The European football show you mean?

Yeah, BT’s one was what I was referring to. Started at 6.30pm each Sunday. An hour and a half of grown up, intelligent football analysis and highlights and debate from from Italy, France and Germany before a (usually) Serie A game (sometimes it would be a Ligue 1 game if it were a particularly saucy one)

I wonder how long BVB will be able to keep Haaland. Hopefully a good while but if one of the Clubs with crazy money come along that will be it.

“Just hoof it ...anywhere....please...”

Julien Laurent being the consummate professional on telly :D

Hope we don’t get Leipzig in Europa if they do get third. Played PSG off the pitch tonight, couldn’t score.

Back