Tuesday's Champions League and other football

Chelsea game is appalling

For all the decent players Madrid have, Simeone absolutely ruins them with the negative approach in every big game

I know they’re top of the league but that is also down to how shite Real Madrid and Barcelona have been

For the money Atletico spend, if I was a fan I’d be expecting far better on field performances than what they get served up

On a side note, I really don’t like this ref. Loves being the centre of the attention and talking to players like they’re school children

Great play by Mount to break away from two players, slides in Werner down the left who takes an awful touch.

His only option is to cross it from that point, cleared away.

Only watched the first 20 mins and since half time, but Chelsea look dangerous going forward.

"We apologise if the use of bad language was audible" said the commentator on the Bayern game.

I'm wearing headphones so it was inaudible to me.

What the fucking hell was the foul language in an Italian v German match? :))

Watching the Chelsea wishing I had chose Bayern. Byfuck Atletico are even worse to watch than normal and according to an article on the BBC they were now an attack minded team.

"We apologise if the use of bad language was audible" said the commentator on the Bayern game.

I'm wearing headphones so it was inaudible to me.

What the fucking hell was the foul language in an Italian v German match? :))

That just reminded me of Crocker apologising for Lennon's language near the end of their game the other night. TRLB was disputing a throw in, I believe. :))

Don’t want to feel like I’m picking on him, but Werner is struggling with the basic aspects of the game tonight.

Poor touches, decision making and poor passes.

Wow, Giroud. What a way to grab an away goal. That was fantastic.

If this games emphasises anything it’s the way the quality of la liga has gone off a cliff edge lately.

Cracking finish, and an example of VAR working.

Atleti need to actually go forward now, haven’t been our their half so far.

I genuinely haven’t looked, but I reckon their starting 11 cost more than Chelsea’s tonight.

I obviously don’t understand offside
I get that it touched the defender but surely when Mount touches it to pass through to Giroud he was already offside?

I obviously don’t understand offside
I get that it touched the defender but surely when Mount touches it to pass through to Giroud he was already offside?
Essentially, the player kicked it that way rather than the ball hitting off him which means offside can’t be considered.

If Mount kicked it off him then you’d be correct.

My opinion, it’s a poor decision but I couldn’t tell from the clip who kicked it where. If it needs to be ‘deliberate’ then there’s no way that can be given.

Walton must have just worded his sentence poorly.

Defender has played the ball in to the air for Giroud to finish. Good decision by VAR and what a finish from Giroud.

Essentially, the player kicked it that way rather than the ball hitting off him which means offside can’t be considered.

If Mount kicked it off him then you’d be correct.

My opinion, it’s a poor decision but I couldn’t tell from the clip who kicked it where. If it needs to be ‘deliberate’ then there’s no way that can be given.

Walton must have just worded his sentence poorly.
Ahhh okay, I did t see that

Chelsea game is appalling

For all the decent players Madrid have, Simeone absolutely ruins them with the negative approach in every big game

I know they’re top of the league but that is also down to how shite Real Madrid and Barcelona have been

For the money Atletico spend, if I was a fan I’d be expecting far better on field performances than what they get served up

On a side note, I really don’t like this ref. Loves being the centre of the attention and talking to players like they’re school children
Said to the missus “that ref thinks he’s a film star, he’s always playing to the cameras”.

If you put your foot or leg out to play the ball, it doesn’t matter if it doesn’t go the direction you planned it to go, you played it. Onside, easy decision once you see what happened.

The offside rule is absolute nonsense.

It's clearly offside.

The Atletico player did not deliberately play it that way.

Giroud loves a worldie though eh?

Back