Tuesday's Champions League and other football

The offside rule is absolute nonsense.

It's clearly offside.

The Atletico player did not deliberately play it that way.

Giroud loves a worldie though eh?
It doesn’t matter what direction the ball goes in, he deliberately played the ball therefore it’s onside.

I’m not going to criticise Simeone for his pragmatic approach, they’ve gotten to a few CL finals and are top of the league so far.

However, they’ve been playing like this for years and haven’t won a game of connect 4.

Considering the money they have spent (admittedly €126 of it is on potential with Félix) they really should be doing better.

They have some top players, the best keeper in the world IMO too surely he could achieve more by having the likes of Saul, Lemar, Correa et al off the shackles.

I know they are missing Trippier and Carrasco who are big for them going forward, along with Jimenez who is a rock, but still.

Really nicely done by Chelsea. Knocked the ball around beautifully all night. Jorginho is like a new man under Tam Tuchel.

A foul throw :)) This referee loves his job
I'm sure it was against Porto at Ibrox where the ref pulled up one of their players for a foul throw after the guy stole half the bloody pitch and he got the third biggest cheer of the night from me. I don't know why but it really pisses me off even when we do it.

I'm sure it was against Porto at Ibrox where the ref pulled up one of their players for a foul throw after the guy stole half the bloody pitch and he got the third biggest cheer of the night from me. I don't know why but it really pisses me off even when we do it.
A lot of European teams struggle to throw the ball properly I’ve noticed at Ibrox, in dry weather too.

Baffling, I remember the incident your talking about and I’m sure it was Porto, but there has been that many the ref just lets go.

Chelsea v Madrid,pish game
Wonder where they get stats from,all these shots on target,apart from the goal,pretty sure the goalies jersies won't need much washing
Terrible

Im never watching another atletico Madrid game.
I thought it was an entertaining enough game. Not an outstanding or brilliant game but by definition not that many can be. Disagree with other posters criticising the Ref for his attitude to players; thought he showed great patience as they mumped and moaned and complained about everything. Koke in particular was never away from him and seemed very keen on getting opponents booked. FFS he was mouthing off during the VAR review which the referee had feck all to do with.

I’m not going to criticise Simeone for his pragmatic approach, they’ve gotten to a few CL finals and are top of the league so far.

However, they’ve been playing like this for years and haven’t won a game of connect 4.

Considering the money they have spent (admittedly €126 of it is on potential with Félix) they really should be doing better.

They have some top players, the best keeper in the world IMO too surely he could achieve more by having the likes of Saul, Lemar, Correa et al off the shackles.

I know they are missing Trippier and Carrasco who are big for them going forward, along with Jimenez who is a rock, but still.
Take the second highest paid employee in the league is Diego Simeone.

Bear in mind that Griezmann is on over 800,000 Euro's a week.

Simeone is not worth the money they are paying him.

Watched Atleti-Chelsea until Lazio-Bayern went to 4-1 and I thought “%^*& it if I want to see a goal I better switch games”.
So I did - of course no more goals in Rome and I missed Giroud’s.

I know, but it takes the fun away!

The game never had any fun - if you were looking for that you would have tuned out long ago and watched the Bayern game.

It did however give Chelsea a rightful goal that the officials wrongly had chopped off so the fun would have went down a level (if that was possible).

The offside rule is absolute nonsense.

It's clearly offside.

The Atletico player did not deliberately play it that way.

Giroud loves a worldie though eh?
The defender clearly played the ball, it did not deflect from him or hit him. He very deliberately played; he did not mean it to go that way because he made a mistake but he deliberately played it. It is a bit like excusing a dreadful tackle that results in a penalty because the defender did not mean it.

Googled it too after the comment and that is genuinely unbelievable. Is that the second largest salary in world football?
Has to be, even Ronaldo is only on £28m per year.

I am genuinely astounded at that, a guy who’s won heehaw as well.

Atletico to turn this around away based on absolutely nothing but what they did to Liverpool the other year

I wonder if i could get his agent to do pay negotiations in my work
Should be a straight forward conversation

“What has your client achieved

Nothing yet, been close a few times and can bore you to tears

When can he start?”

Tuchel still unbeaten since taking over as Chelsea manager.

Expected as much, a good manager who was always going to make this group of players play better.

Lampard had a decent enough set of players looking like a tactical mess.

Atletico to turn this around away based on absolutely nothing but what they did to Liverpool the other year
Nah, Liverpool were becoming a spent force by the time they played that game.

They had just been beaten fairly comprehensively by Watford, knocked out the FA Cup by Chelsea and barely scraped a win against Bournemouth.

They were so far ahead that their stumbling didn't matter in the Premier League race, but they could have had a nervy run in if not for the CoVid break.

Chelsea will manage their way through this tie.

Back