Tunnock's Caramel Wafer Cup Semi-final draw thread today at 12 noon

Usually they pick a venue equidistant to both teams’ respective locations.

If it’s the Colts and Thistle in the final then it’d be ridiculous not to have the venue be in Glasgow (if it’s Colts v Raith then it’d probably be Easter Road or Tynecastle), also assuming that they only use stadiums with grass pitches then Hampden or Fir Park are the only real options, possibly St Mirren’s stadium as well.

Yes they try do that in term of location we know on Friday if Hampden could be used for it

Tough draw. And I doubt ICT will play a mix of fringe and youth players. It would be quite something if the youngsters could pull it off yet again. Be very difficult though.

Here's some background on Tunnocks:

"The Uddingston-based biscuit company ships to more than 40 countries worldwide and is very popular in the Middle East, with Iraq and Kuwait, making up around 20 per cent of its total exports.

The family baker recently revealed that Yemen had taken delivery of 300,000 Caramel Wafers in the last 12 months alone.

Caramel Wafers are also a big hit in Kuwait, where they are known as ‘boy biscuits’ after the face of the Tunnock’s boy (who has never been named) on the box."

Did Iraqi soldiers eat snowballs during Desert Storm? All manner of interesting questions this raises.
Well they didnae throw them at the yanks did they?

A Welsh team nearly won it last year.

I don’t think “embarrassment” is a factor for the organisers of a trophy sponsored by caramel fucking wafers.
Personally I’d have preferred it to be the Tunnock’s Tea Cake Cup, and we could have added a giant silver tea cake to our trophy room.

Personally I’d have preferred it to be the Tunnock’s Tea Cake Cup, and we could have added a giant silver tea cake to our trophy room.
I'd have preferred it was a Tunnocks Caramel Log, purely for the imagery it would conjure.

I'd have preferred it was a Tunnocks Caramel Log, purely for the imagery it would conjure.
Nah tea cakes every day. They’re legendary.

That said we could have had players squatting out a Caramel Log trophy onto the Hampden centre circle, showing our disdain for the SPFL.

"The Uddingston-based biscuit company ships to more than 40 countries worldwide and is very popular in the Middle East, with Iraq and Kuwait, making up around 20 per cent of its total exports.

The family baker recently revealed that Yemen had taken delivery of 300,000 Caramel Wafers in the last 12 months alone.

Caramel Wafers are also a big hit in Kuwait, where they are known as ‘boy biscuits’ after the face of the Tunnock’s boy (who has never been named) on the box."

Did Iraqi soldiers eat snowballs during Desert Storm? All manner of interesting questions this raises.
First gulf war as they retreated back up some highway from Kuwait to Iraq the US black hawks machine gunned them whilst playing AC/DC ‘Highway to Hell’. Useless information but something that’s always stuck with me! ;)

I never like to slag Tunnocks on here, they took quite a backlash in 2014 when Boyd Tunnock announced his support for the Union.

A very good company and brand who deserve all of our support.

Rangers v Raith in the final, play it at Easter Road.
That would be sweet revenge!
Our youngsters atoning for that awful performance at Easter Road against RR in the 2014 final (I can't believe that's 5 years ago), would be the healing of a weeping sore. The stars and planets are coming into alignment :)

There is an interesting RAF tale about them using Tunnocks teacakes in the cockpit to gauge altitude in planes without pressurisation. When the teacake cracked it meant that's about as high as aircraft could safely go.

A tricky test but the lads will be full of confidence. They have really done themselves and the club proud.

And Murty deserves real praise. He's stepped up when asked, stepped back when necessary, he's bent over backwards for this club and shown true loyalty.

Back