Turkey Taps Problem And The Implications

Status
Not open for further replies.
People can wear what they want but please be aware you look like an actual tramp with fake gear on and you will be judged this way by mostly everyone that sees you.

Google 'intellectual property rights' & think about how much our club had to fight and pay to get ours back. They are counterfeit. Rangers is a brand.
What I mean is though, if it was an exact rip off of the replica top, it will cost the club money as people would buy it instead of one from the Rangers store. People buying these ones are either doing so as well as a replica one or they have no intention of buying s replica one either way. I doubt there will be many people who planned to buy a replica one but thought 'I'll just get this shitty looking thing instead'.

Doesn't matter how you dress it up though I stand by my other point. It is no different to buying a scarf from a guy outside the ground.

Not really for me tbh but If some likes them then crack on. I'm sure they know they're buying a lesser quality product. Whos to say they aren't buying official merch as well.

Its actually pathetic when you see fans in these. After everything we have been through, no true supporter would wear one. Either they have been living under a rock for the last decade, their stupidity is unparalleled, or quite frankly their ignorance to everything that has happened with the club just means they aren't really a fan.

I wholeheartedly agree with the OP. Anyone who buys fake Rangers stuff is a tramp but, more importantly, can't possibly be a true fan.

I'd rather buy an official £15 t-shirt from thegersstoreonline.com rather than a fake £15 replica top where the profit goes to some tadger ripping us off.

Not really for me tbh but If some likes them then crack on. I'm sure they know they're buying a lesser quality product. Whos to say they aren't buying official merch as well.
Or other folk seeing the brand don't go online and buy official gear?
Could well have made us more than its ever likely to cost us.

The “folk who buy the fakes also buy the official merch” argument is guesswork and as far as I’m concerned utter horse shite.

If you had a current official Rangers top you wouldn’t be seen dead in one of those fake fuckers, so please drop that ridiculous point of view.

The “folk who buy the fakes also buy the official merch” argument is guesswork and as far as I’m concerned utter horse shite.

If you had a current official Rangers top you wouldn’t be seen dead in one of those fake fuckers, so please drop that ridiculous point of view.

Have you ever bought something with the word Rangers on it or the RFC logo or anything related to the club come to think of it, that hasn't been sold as official club merchandise? If so you are a tramp and should be banned from Ibrox according to some on here.

Absolutely. I got my boy last season's training top and shorts for £15 in the sale. He loves it. I admit I've bought my kids cheap Barca tops etc but not Rangers ones. I always said during the boycott that I couldn't wait til the day I gave Rangers my money again to kit my kids out in our gear.

Have you ever bought something with the word Rangers on it or the RFC logo or anything related to the club come to think of it, that hasn't been sold as official club merchandise? If so you are a tramp and should be banned from Ibrox according to some on here.
Never.
Never bought from the shite hawks dotted around the stadium either.

To be perfectly honest I don’t exactly splash out on official gear either due to my age( nudging 60) maybe the odd polo shirt.

ST, Rangers lotto, rising stars, Rangers tv, Rangers pools, Club 1872 is where my spare cash goes.

Last edited:
What I mean is though, if it was an exact rip off of the replica top, it will cost the club money as people would buy it instead of one from the Rangers store. People buying these ones are either doing so as well as a replica one or they have no intention of buying s replica one either way. I doubt there will be many people who planned to buy a replica one but thought 'I'll just get this shitty looking thing instead'.

Doesn't matter how you dress it up though I stand by my other point. It is no different to buying a scarf from a guy outside the ground.

If this were correct then brands all over the world would not be spending millions protecting their 'intellectual property rights' which actually includes things like likeness and imitation. If the tops in question had no branding on them then people wouldn't buy them in the first place. People are buying them because they are Rangers tops, plain and simple which means someone other than the club, sponsors or kit supplier is benefiting from the brand. Your point on the scarves etc. Actually holds some merit but has been widely accepted by clubs all over the country for a very long time If they started selling the 'taps' in question I can guarantee they would be shut down pronto.

Last edited:
Never.
Never bought from the shite hawks dotted around the stadium either.

To be perfectly honest I don’t exactly splash out on official gear either due to my age( nudging 60) maybe the odd polo shirt.

Rangers lotto, rising stars, Rangers tv, Rangers pools, Club 1872 is where my spare cash goes.
You've honestly never bought a scarf outside the ground?

Not a fan of these at all , but where do we draw the line. Should we be saying don’t buy RSC polo shirts as Rangers sell them?
Should we be saying don’t buy SoS stuff as Rangers sell them ?
When you buy RSCs polos you’re actually helping other Rangers fans. When you buy clothes that are essentially posing as Hummel and Rangers official products, the only person benefiting is some stranger in Turkey.

Saw a few of last summer's efforts at the Oxford friendly. A few teenagers wearing them, but also a chap in his 50s. Not for me.

I think a lot of these Tops were bought when the boycott was on.
Also there is a big contigent of Bears who frequent the place as their chosen holiday destination year in year out.
I defy anyone whos half drunk on holiday passing a stall or a shop selling anything remotely Rangers on it,they wont buy it.
I am of an age were i used to see guys with hand knitted King Billy lumber jackets on in the crowd made by their Granny!
Ah the good old days no fashion police then.

Posters are assuming because they own thing, they don't own the other.

What's next "I can't believe people are wearing last seasons tops, why don't they buy this years?" blah blah blah.

For what it is worth, I wouldn't buy or wear one, but I have recently bought a giant poster of Ibrox for my son, it's from a website where I'm sure a fellow fan gets the cash, but do Rangers get a cut? am I scum for buying it?

Anyone who buys/wears these ahead of official club gear is a fud.

Last seasons are available for about a tenner.

True, but do you wear the same clothing for every game?

Can’t the club simply refuse entry to those wearing these abominations as they are actively taking monies away from the club?

I'm amazed at the absolute snobbery going on here. Looking down at fellow rangers fans because they don't wear certain attire to your taste and calling them tramps. Over the many years I've met and made friends with gers fans and i don't give a damn what they wear. If I see a top or t-shirt with rangers on it,that's good enough for me. To say there not real rangers fans is a disgrace,we have enough enemies,without turning on our own

If the cost of strips these days wasnt so costly more people on low incomes would afford to buy them . What is it now £ 60 or £ 70 for a top come on thats a bit much i think .

Just to point out to the folks saying “if you can afford a holiday to Turkey you can buy the official shirt” that most of these shirts will be bought online. These is a Facebook page called soccer kings who sell all these monstrosities

They sell these shirts with anything that can be associated with a Rangers fan on them, shirts with a rangers badge a Union Jack and a uvf badge in them for instance

I said earlier that I’d be more angry with the stalls outside Ibrox that fans flock to every home game to buy unlicensed Rangers stuff.

You could take this argument to the extreme and suggest buying a FF fanzine is taking money away from the club in programme sales but like my initial argument fans are probably buying both

It really depends on the scarf.

If it contains any of the clubs intellectual property, without paying a licence to use it, then it is a breach of copyright.

If it is a scarf without intellectual property and is merely say red white and blue then it is not.

You could take this argument to the extreme and suggest buying a FF fanzine is taking money away from the club in programme sales but like my initial argument fans are probably buying both

People buying a fanzine are doing it presumably because they like the content. You are suggesting that if they did not do that they would buy an official programme instead. I don't think that is a given.

Can’t the club simply refuse entry to those wearing these abominations as they are actively taking monies away from the club?
That post is the worst I've ever seen. So the guy who spends his money on getting a ticket for the game which goes towards the club should be refused entry because he isn't wearing official rangers merchandise.

If the cost of strips these days wasnt so costly more people on low incomes would afford to buy them . What is it now £ 60 or £ 70 for a top come on thats a bit much i think .
They were reduced to a mere £15 on the website and in-store for last season’s tops. If you can’t afford it, wait for a sale or buy a t-shirt until you can.

What's worse, somebody wearing a fake top to the football or somebody sitting in the house slagging people who are paying to see us
I assume the vast majority on here including myself are season ticket holders who also put their money into Rising Stars, official merchandise and maybe even a programme.

They were reduced to a mere £15 on the website and in-store for last season’s tops. If you can’t afford it, wait for a sale or buy a t-shirt until you can.

But only through Rangers stores?

But only after Sports Direct had gone?

Or stop telling folk what or how to spend their own money?!

You sound a charmer

But only through Rangers stores?

But only after Sports Direct had gone?

Or stop telling folk what or how to spend their own money?!

You sound a charmer
You’re not really a Rangers fan are you if you’re not buying official merchandise that goes to the club. Plenty of options in the Gers Store instead of cheap fake tops from Turkey.

This seems to pop up every now and again on here. I’ll say the same as I said last time what people spend their money on is entirely up to them. My mate brought me a fake top back last year and I wear it to 5s it gets up the tims noses so happy days. Would I wear it to the football not a chance but each to there own. I think you’ll find the ones that do have the fakes will actually buy direct from rangers as well. Lots of posters getting their knickers in a twist over this anyone who wears any fake rangers tops will most probably not give a flying feck what anyone thinks of them.

You’re not really a Rangers fan are you if you’re not buying official merchandise that goes to the club. Plenty of options in the Gers Store instead of cheap fake tops from Turkey.
Calling people out for not being rangers fans. I am in debt which I'm still paying off and probably will for the rest of my life due to taking out loans to see them play in Europe. I've wore plenty t shirts which are not official rangers merchandise because I liked them as they would maybe have the union jack along with the rangers crest,which you couldn't buy officially from rangers plus they tend to be cheaper. I recently bought an every other saturday t-shirt which I like,but hey,your a better fan than me. Live and let live and stop thinking your better than other fellow rangers fans.

Calling people out for not being rangers fans. I am in debt which I'm still paying off and probably will for the rest of my life due to taking out loans to see them play in Europe. I've wore plenty t shirts which are not official rangers merchandise because I liked them as they would maybe have the union jack along with the rangers crest,which you couldn't buy officially from rangers plus they tend to be cheaper. I recently bought an every other saturday t-shirt which I like,but hey,your a better fan than me. Live and let live and stop thinking your better than other fellow rangers fans.

You don’t have to explain yourself to anyone mate. Some posters thinking they are more of a bluenose than others are cringeworthy.

FFS so these people will have forked out for season tickets for example but you think they should be refused entry due to what they are wearing is not official merchandise??

What if they are in the middle of eating a burger bought from one of the vans around Ibrox,should that be confiscated as they are denying us some much needed income for the catering inside the stadium or maybe have a receipt for the scarf they are wearing just to check it is an official scarf and not one bought from the vendors around the stadium which we get no money from?

I feel almost sorry for these guys that wear those tops due to how crap they look but mostly because of all the anger and venom they will be on the receiving end of judging by this thread,.....calling them a disgrace and they should be banned for denying us income as they get their season tickets they have purchased from the club out of their pockets...

I don’t have a problem with Rangers fans buying merchandise off of RSCs and fan groups. The problem is buying stuff in Turkey and the money doesn’t help our fans nor club. I don’t think I’m better than anyone else, these are my thoughts.

I don’t have a problem with Rangers fans buying merchandise off of RSCs and fan groups. The problem is buying stuff in Turkey and the money doesn’t help our fans nor club. I don’t think I’m better than anyone else, these are my thoughts.
Can't you just accept people buy things that they like. It's not for you to condemn and they are as good a rangers fan as you or i.

Heading to Marmaris next month, will buy one for my big mate down in London so get it up yeez :D
Personally wouldn’t wear one(too old and fat) but no difference buying say a Bluebells bar or Ibrox bar T-shirt, if it floats your boat who gives an eff what others think.

People who wear these tops are the same people who still go into the megastore. Hardly coincidence. Either complete idiots, or just an absolute embarrassment of a brass neck

As you know, I’m not the biggest fan of the purchase of counterfeit goods which use the Rangers and Hummel badge in order to make a profit.

These fake tops are nothing short of embarrassing and they’re made from the cheap. The stitching is terrible on a lot of them especially the word “hummel” on the chest. They’ve also not been tested and could be made from materials which are a fire hazard or even contain bacteria that could make you seriously unwell.

Last season, we were told by the purchasers of these fake tops that they would buy the new strips when they came out. So, could someone explain why we’re still seeing them at Ibrox? Why can’t you buy last season’s orange top which was reduced to a mere £15 which ironically is cheaper than the shite being sold by Yusuf in Marmaris. If they started wearing fake Celtic tops in numbers to the Giro Dome, I would expect them to be ridiculed and rightfully so.

Buy official Rangers merchandise from St Enoch’s in Glasgow, Belfast and also at www.thegersstoreonline.com

By buying counterfeit goods, you’re encouraging more of them to be sold.

See pictures on what I’m on about:

LSztaYq.jpg

UWS3mEJ.jpg

xm9XuPM.jpg

cpkzgbG_d.jpg
Fûck me those are awful ., do people actually part with cash for that crap.?
A fool and his money eh ?

I think some folks take this a bit too far. Folks buying these items are also buying genuine Rangers merchandise. It’s no different to buying t shirts back in the day from the stall holders outside the ground. When I was a teenager I had a T-shirt I got outside the ground saying “next to sex I like Rangers best” I thought it was funny and it wound up my mother.

Would you moan because someone turned up at a match in a stone island jumper? It’s not Rangers gear. What if it was also a turkey fake? Some folks like the garish stuff that’s produced and if they want to buy that because they like the tartan and rangers badge combo then so be it.

I personally don’t think the fakes effect rangers merchandise sales unless it was a direct copy of the stuff the club were selling and then I think there would be a point to be had about doing the club out of sales. Not everyone is lucky enough to kit themselves out in all the expensive Hummel gear, if they buy something from the club and have a couple of rangers looking tops from elsewhere what’s the harm?

Guys sell hats and scarfs outside the stadium for years that not one penny goes to the club, added to that jewellery shops that sell RFC rings.

I’m sure the club will be delighted at the support they do get from merchandise without worrying too much about the stuff they don’t get

Agree with you here.

If you have a problem with it then really you should have a problem with the_famous, Copland streetwear, lion brand, sons of struth, all the scarf sellers and hundreds of individual websites which do football gear for all manner of clubs.

The turkey strips are minging yeah but they are taking fan designs which clearly someone likes and hundreds of people seem to like the mock ups on here and producing them for people who do like them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back