Turkey Taps Problem And The Implications

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think some folks take this a bit too far. Folks buying these items are also buying genuine Rangers merchandise. It’s no different to buying t shirts back in the day from the stall holders outside the ground. When I was a teenager I had a T-shirt I got outside the ground saying “next to sex I like Rangers best” I thought it was funny and it wound up my mother.

Would you moan because someone turned up at a match in a stone island jumper? It’s not Rangers gear. What if it was also a turkey fake? Some folks like the garish stuff that’s produced and if they want to buy that because they like the tartan and rangers badge combo then so be it.

I personally don’t think the fakes effect rangers merchandise sales unless it was a direct copy of the stuff the club were selling and then I think there would be a point to be had about doing the club out of sales. Not everyone is lucky enough to kit themselves out in all the expensive Hummel gear, if they buy something from the club and have a couple of rangers looking tops from elsewhere what’s the harm?

Guys sell hats and scarfs outside the stadium for years that not one penny goes to the club, added to that jewellery shops that sell RFC rings.

I’m sure the club will be delighted at the support they do get from merchandise without worrying too much about the stuff they don’t get
Very good point.
I live abroad, spend money on a top or 2. And getting home to see Rangers.
So, is it better I wear my top once a fortnight and nowt else. Or pick up a few t shirts?
Add in the scarves everyone on here was raving about last year. 60-120 quid, none of which going to Rangers.
Why was that any more acceptable?

*Disclaimer, I don't holiday in Turkey or own any of the tat above.

Think how easy it would be to slaughter another teams fans if they were blatantly kicking about in fake club gear?

In fact it would be great if any of our enemies were cutting about in fake strips as they would be a laughing stock quite frankly.

Scarfs and flags have always been on sale outside the ground and near enough every other ground in the UK so I think that’s more expected and can be tolerated a lot more easily than the fake strips.

Get a grip OP, yer moaning about buying cheap fakes yet started another thread moaning about the price of genuine gilets! All the things to be happy about right now and this is what yer coming away with? A wee bit of positivity won't kill ye

As you know, I’m not the biggest fan of the purchase of counterfeit goods which use the Rangers and Hummel badge in order to make a profit.

These fake tops are nothing short of embarrassing and they’re made from the cheap. The stitching is terrible on a lot of them especially the word “hummel” on the chest. They’ve also not been tested and could be made from materials which are a fire hazard or even contain bacteria that could make you seriously unwell.

Last season, we were told by the purchasers of these fake tops that they would buy the new strips when they came out. So, could someone explain why we’re still seeing them at Ibrox? Why can’t you buy last season’s orange top which was reduced to a mere £15 which ironically is cheaper than the shite being sold by Yusuf in Marmaris. If they started wearing fake Celtic tops in numbers to the Giro Dome, I would expect them to be ridiculed and rightfully so.

Buy official Rangers merchandise from St Enoch’s in Glasgow, Belfast and also at www.thegersstoreonline.com

By buying counterfeit goods, you’re encouraging more of them to be sold.

See pictures on what I’m on about:

LSztaYq.jpg

UWS3mEJ.jpg

xm9XuPM.jpg

cpkzgbG_d.jpg
f uck me they are horrendous

Only a dick would let their kids wear shit like that. It is however frustrating that you can't get the wee man the new top on the day it is supposed to come out.
Only a dick would let his kid wear the Tim top m8 ,simmer down , if it's got RFC on it it's fine by me . Most guys who wear these tops also invest in the real thing. By the way I'm a lucky guy who can afford any top I please but their are plenty who can't afford £ 65 quid a whip.

Last edited:
It's gotten so bad that It was mentioned by Tom Miller during the Oxford commentary on Rangers TV. As soon as you stick the sponsor, badge and hummel branding on there it's a fake. This mantra of "how can it be a fake, the club aren't producing it in the first place" boils ma pish. Mibbe they don't because it's fucking reekin.

Only a dick would let his kid wear the Tim top m8 ,simmer down , if it's got RFC on it it's fine by me . Most guys who wear these tops also invest in the real thing. By the way I'm a lucky guy who can afford any top I please but they're are plenty who can't afford £ 65 quid a whip.
Last season’s tops were reduced to £15.

There's a big difference between fan made merch and these cheap shite knock offs. The official scarves thing doesn't wash with me. I'm 37 and probably a bit too old to be buying tops so id rather buy my kids one or a polo top or something, or if I was really hard up I'd just not bother at all. The fact that you're buying one on holiday in turkey means you could probably afford one. Tldr: they are fucking horrendous.

There's a big difference between fan made merch and these cheap shite knock offs. The official scarves thing doesn't wash with me. I'm 37 and probably a bit too old to be buying tops so id rather buy my kids one or a polo top or something, or if I was really hard up I'd just not bother at all. The fact that you're buying one on holiday in turkey means you could probably afford one. Tldr: they are fucking horrendous.
Fan made?
The same fans are at the hovel the following week selling tat to them.

Bought the top for my youngest from the St Enoch shop last Sunday.
It is smart.
One of the best imo

Fancy the black/orange training top myself.

Not a fan of these at all , but where do we draw the line. Should we be saying don’t buy RSC polo shirts as Rangers sell them?
Should we be saying don’t buy SoS stuff as Rangers sell them ?

I have never bought one myself but i wouldn't be judging anyone for buying one,only their poor taste in t-shirt

If people paid a fiver for one of these t-shirts while on holiday that's up to them,the fact people are seeing these people at games which they have bought tickets for says to me they are doing their bit for the club as well.

I suspect they are not buying them as an alternative to the official tops but just for another rangers t-shirt to wear.

Let’s be honest, the people that buy these Turkish fakes who claimed they’d buy the official kits when released were talking shite.

If they can’t afford the real kit, that’s fair enough. But the fake stuff is an embarrassment to themselves, the club & the support as a whole.

They look ridiculous.

Let’s be honest, the people that buy these Turkish fakes who claimed they’d buy the official kits when released were talking shite.

If they can’t afford the real kit, that’s fair enough. But the fake stuff is an embarrassment to themselves, the club & the support as a whole.

They look ridiculous.

There’s actual Turkish fakes of the new home kit kicking about and people are wearing them. So these people clearly have no intention of buying the actual kit.

They are an absolute embarrassment and folk wearing them to Ibrox should be called out over it.

And whether taps is nickle, or chrome. There are 152 taps suppliers, mainly located in Middle East. The top supplying country is Turkey, which supply 100% of taps respectively. Tapsproducts are most popular in Mid East, Eastern Europe, and Domestic Market.

just ordered the grey coaches top looks class, anyone else got one, is it as good as it looks

I wouldn't be seen dead in them but they're not 'counterfeit' as in they're a rip off of the real ones. They're clearly a different design.

Again there is no way i would wear one but there's no difference between someone buying one of these and someone buying a scarf off a street vendor outside the ground

I totally agree. I hate them.

They must also be wearing them at the piggery. I seen one of them wearing one yesterday. Same design, their colours. Gave me the boak.

Those tops are an abomination, and Christ knows who'd be seen dead in one, but the notion that they owe anyone an explanation for it is a bit weird. People can spend their money however they like.

Over in Belfast for 12th seen a few folk with them on. Absolutely fűcking cringe worthy to the highest degree.

Anyone saying something to the the effect of 'people can wear what they want it's their money' you're part of the problem.
Presumably you told them to get them off otherwise you'd be a 'part of the problem' too?

Don't see the harm in it to be honest, do you ridicule everyone who buys non genuine gear from the stalls around Ibrox? Not much of a difference, the 2 tops above are the equivalent of buying a Rangers t-shirt, not exactly supposed to be copies of real strips.
So that orange kit in the OP wasn't an attempt to copy last year's kit before its release?

Absolutely shameless, lying, thieving, cheapskate, knock-off, scum!

Should be allowed to throw stones at these people. Can see the point if it's a fake that looks decent in the first place but %^*& me those are murder.
Some people really need to get over themselves. There's clearly a level of insecurity on this forum which I for one had underestimated. We've now got the fashion gestapo not only dictating how others spend their money but also advocating serious assaults against folk for the heinous crime of spending money, on a t shirt, that doesn't go to the club. This has gone too far. You, in fact none of us, knows whether or not these same people are also financially supporting the club anyway, perhaps with a season ticket, RTV subscription, individual match tickets, other merchandise etc, but your arrogant desire to act as judge, jury and, indeed, executioner, I find rather disturbing.

Every year when our new kit gets revealed there are posters who say 1 of 2 things.

1. "I'm too fat for Rangers tops"

2. "I'm too old for football tops" (Then they'll probably talk about cringing about grown men wearing football tops)

Both the above are personal choices and put no money into the club and many see them as valid points.

There are more important things to worry about in the world than people kicking about in dodgy gear.

We'll have threads next telling us not to buy a hotdog outside the ground as Rangers only get money from the catering indoors.

I wouldn't be seen dead in them but they're not 'counterfeit' as in they're a rip off of the real ones. They're clearly a different design.

Again there is no way i would wear one but there's no difference between someone buying one of these and someone buying a scarf off a street vendor outside the ground

Google 'intellectual property rights' & think about how much our club had to fight and pay to get ours back. They are counterfeit. Rangers is a brand.

Those are fuckin horrendous. What the %^*& is that tartan contraption all about?!

Each to their own a suppose, wouldn't be me tho. And I also would not put any that shite on my little boy, not a chance!!

I'd rather wear a £7 Blue Polo Shirt from Asda to a game than wearing one of they monstrosities.

I don't buy the 'new top is expensive' excuse, last season's top was widely available for £10-£15 a few weeks ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back