Euro 2020 Turkey v Wales 5PM BBC

Rob and McFadden were tossing themselves off to nothing on Monday so it's just a guy who wants his country to win? even 5 minutes before the end, they were still expecting the great comeback when nothing had pointed to it

he's annoying but he just wants his country to win
Well he can want his country to win in a less fucking annoying way then. We'll never be satisfied in this country though as the broadcaster is delivering to 3 different "nations" so what should be national rejoicing is not shared by all and resented by some. Hence why so many Scots (and Welsh no doubt) are triggered by English pundits cheering English wins.by English pundits

Well done Wales
Brilliant result where football isn’t the number one sport .
Shows up what an embarrassment Scottish national football really is
Don’t fall for the bollocks spouted by the media, football is far and away the number one sport in Wales - vastly more football clubs, players and people that watch games.

Rugby is party time in Wales, just a big piss up really - and I like rugby btw.

Really? What did I say that was jealous and bitter?
They just had a great result, let them enjoy it. They deserve it and more.

I'm not a great fan of robbie savage, but he doesnt bother me either way. What I heard was a welsh fan bricking himself as the time was running down. We've all been there as fans, when every minute feels like 10 and you just want to hear the whistle.

Well he can want his country to win in a less fucking annoying way then. We'll never be satisfied in this country though as the broadcaster is delivering to 3 different "nations" so what should be national rejoicing is not shared by all and resented by some. Hence why so many Scots (and Welsh no doubt) are triggered by English pundits cheering English wins.by English pundits
Try watching the game mate, instead of bitching on here about commentators.

You'll actually enjoy it.

They just had a great result, let them enjoy it. They deserve it and more.

I'm not a great fan of robbie savage, but he doesnt bother me either way. What I heard was a welsh fan bricking himself as the time was running down. We've all been there as fans, when every minute feels like 10 and you just want to hear the whistle.
Didnt realise I was ruining it for them haha

I commented earlier in the thread about my thoughts on wales doing well and Scotland being poor.

As for savage, I don't actually mind him in small doses. Normally when he's roasting Sutton

Didnt realise I was ruining it for them haha

I commented earlier in the thread about my thoughts on wales doing well and Scotland being poor.

As for savage, I don't actually mind him in small doses. Normally when he's roasting Sutton
Cant disagree with your last sentence. I suppose he has some uses.

Mark Hughes is dreadful.

Bizarre how he has had so many decent managerial positions, he has less about him than Harry Kane ffs.

Sure there was a manager who said he was a vacuum postmatch aswell for the after match drink, talking about ways home on the motorway :D

Well done Wales, although it actually depresses me a bit that they can produce results like that whereas we're nowhere near it.
As an aside, I dont know if it's been mentioned but how was Bale not offside at the corner?

Edit. Is it because the ball was played backwards even though he was in front of it?

Turkey are poor but it takes some balls to play poorly vs Switzerland, come back and grab a point then go into this tricky fixture and win.

Italy will likely be a bridge too far but Wales have done themselves proud.

Superb from Wales. We are light years behind them. They played as a team and not full of players that think they are better than they are.

That is exactly how we’ve done well in recent years, the team spirit is fantastic.
Gareth Bale is understandably the centre of media attention, but he’s always keen to stress that it’s not all about him and that every team member plays a vital part. He also includes the background staff btw.
The late Gary Speed was also a major advocate of this - the team is better than the sum of its parts.

That is exactly how we’ve done well in recent years, the team spirit is fantastic.
Gareth Bale is understandably the centre of media attention, but he’s always keen to stress that it’s not all about him and that every team member plays a vital part. He also includes the background staff btw.
The late Gary Speed was also a major advocate of this - the team is better than the sum of its parts.
The welsh have gave me good moments in the last 2 euro's.

Not bad going, as the last one was the first time I'd ever seen them in a tournament.

Even my clock had went from every minute feeling like 10, especially after the penalty. Would have been a real shame for bale, dreadful penalty but the way he's played for wales, he doesnt deserve being remembered for that.

well done wales .superb to a man although bale needed a boot up the jacksie for trying to be a fancy dan at the penalty .just hit the bloody thing on target and stop those broken run ups .
assists for both goals though so have to forgive him but could have been costly .
many happy taffies tonight. hat tipped

Don’t fall for the bollocks spouted by the media, football is far and away the number one sport in Wales - vastly more football clubs, players and people that watch games.

Rugby is party time in Wales, just a big piss up really - and I like rugby btw.
I bow to your superior knowledge :))

Ended up walking round to be with the welsh 39 mins before kick off and the as worth it for national Athena alone. A great abs every mixed bunch from you tube starts (oldest lad told me to a family of four on their way to Rome tomorrow), will back turkey on Sunday for sure but well done and deserved Wales, Their fan liaison even talked me down in a clash with the stewards when some only wanted a toilet break post 90 mins.

Ended up walking round to be with the welsh 39 mins before kick off and the as worth it for national Athena alone. A great abs every mixed bunch from you tube starts (oldest lad told me to a family of four on their way to Rome tomorrow), will back turkey on Sunday for sure but well done and deserved Wales, Their fan liaison even talked me down in a clash with the stewards when some only wanted a toilet break post 90 mins.
Did you not invite any back to your wee Club?

That was never a penalty
It looked to me as if the defender planted his foot on the ground and Bale kicked him in the calf and went down, a dive IMHO. Later on when the Welsh defender went down after the Turk caught him slightly and the "handbags" kicked off he was still holding his face and rolling about on the deck but recovered enough o roll away from the melee.
In the game against Switzerland I thought Wales got away with one when the defender clearly pulled the Swiss attacker's shirt, almost pulled it off his back, and wasn't penalised with a penalty/red card. Wasn't mentioned by the pundits post match but then again maybe it's because Gaby is Welsh.

In the Swiss game and Bale's penalty VAR agreed with the ref's decision so that shows I know SFA about football, but I'm in good company with Clarke and Lennon.

Back