Turkey's former goalkeeper Rustu Recber in hospital with coronavirus

He’s been taken to ICU which means he’s not in a good way . Just shows you 46 super fit , we need to realise the bastard can hit anyone of any age . An 8 year old girl in France died as well

He’s been taken to ICU which means he’s not in a good way . Just shows you 46 super fit , we need to realise the bastard can hit anyone of any age . An 8 year old girl in France died as well
Jesus a thought kids were almost safe from it

Sad

didn’t he get Mols sent off at Ibrox in a qualifier

Was just about to post that

Purely for football Rangers context

Mols booted Samuel Johnson. Obvious red card. Rustu then ran half pitch length and shoved Mols over

Was only booked. Ibrox went mental.

Signed for Barcelona later in his career.

Just offering background incase people remember the name. We all wish the guy well

I can't believe there are actually people still out there who do not realise the severity of this.

All the next to Rusty Recber, a Championship Manager legend and a damn fine keeper in his day. The same goes to everyone fit, healthy or fighting this god awful disease.

Mols booted Samuel Johnson. Obvious red card. Rustu then ran half pitch length and shoved Mols over

Just offering background incase people remember the name. We all wish the guy well

Was at the game remember it well

I can't believe there are actually people still out there who do not realise the severity of this.

All the next to Rusty Recber, a Championship Manager legend and a damn fine keeper in his day. The same goes to everyone fit, healthy or fighting this god awful disease.

A 55 year old ENT consultant has just died in England from it . Tragic and we should all realise it’s severity by now

Yet so many folk are still too thick in this country to realise the severity of it. Today I seen two of my neighbours have visitors into their houses.

THIS IS NOT OK!!!

With all due respect, I'm sure you know as much about recbers personal life as me or anyone else on the board. I get that being a former athlete you'd think that he'd be fit and looking after himself, but the guys not played in almost a decade. He could be a heavy smoker (as many Turks are). It's a bit naieve to assume that because he's an ex pro that he'll be super fit. We just don't know enough about this virus to understand why some people are worse affected than others. Regardless, hope the big man is on the mend soon, this virus is horrific.

I cant get my head around the way this virus affects people. At first it was only supposed to be killing people with underlying health problems, or so we where told. We where also told if you where young and healthy you would be ok and would probably only have mild or almost no symptoms at all.

To me it seems this virus is a lottery. I have read of young healthy kids dying with it. I read a story the other day of an 80 odd year old man being discharged from hospital after recovering. I also seen a news article of a teenager with Cystic Fibrosis who managed to recover from Covid-19.

It is an absolute lottery and its frightening. I hope everybody can keep themselves and their loved ones safe from this horrible illness. Stay safe Bears.

Not quite how I remember it. Johnson grabbed Mols by his privates, and Mols shoved him off, as any of us would have done.

Johnson should have been red carded, not Mols.

This was in the centre circle. Recber then ran all the way from his goals and decked Mols. Definite straight red card any day of the week, and twice on a Sunday.

Astonishingly, the ref didn't send him off.

Then to rub salt in the wounds, he pulls off a wonder save late in the game to deny Rangers victory.

I cant get my head around the way this virus affects people. At first it was only supposed to be killing people with underlying health problems, or so we where told. We where also told if you where young and healthy you would be ok and would probably only have mild or almost no symptoms at all.

To me it seems this virus is a lottery. I have read of young healthy kids dying with it. I read a story the other day of an 80 odd year old man being discharged from hospital after recovering. I also seen a news article of a teenager with Cystic Fibrosis who managed to recover from Covid-19.

It is an absolute lottery and its frightening. I hope everybody can keep themselves and their loved ones safe from this horrible illness. Stay safe Bears.
Yep well summed up

it is a lottery but the percentage of fit and healthy people it fcks up is very low. you just hear about them more often on news articles etc due to it being fairly unusual

Had some career considering he was a crackpot. Remember him at Barcelona and he was charging about all over the place.

Made an incredible joke about him eventually being struck down by a bug.

But then realised I was thinking of Carlos Roa.

The average age of the almost 900 deaths in one day at the weekend in Italy was 80 mate. Obviously young and fit people can get it, and while there are always the odd exception to the rules, it’s EXTREMELY unlikely it will kill you if you fall in to that category.

Back