Turnbull Blatantly Kicks Aberdeen Player Off The Ball... And Is Not Red Carded – Collum Decision Is Inexcusable

Hahaha, didn't even show it on Sportscene highlights
7MbTnKx.gif

It was never a red card. We're now adopting the timmy mantra of looking for offence where none exists. Yellow, thats all. It wasn't reckless, violent or dangerous.
Respectin your opinion mate but the point most of us are making take a deep breath look at it and imagine its alfie doinng that! What would be the outcome of that even in YOUR EYES,if it wasnt reckless,violent or dangerous?

It does. Needs to be excessive force or brutality.

That being said, I’d say that’s excessive force so it’s a red.
I would suggest that when the ball is not in play, any amount of force is excessive, as there should be no reason for Turnbull to kick out after the whistle has stopped play.

Serious foul play (a Red Card Offence) is a foul committed using excessive force (i.e., "the player has far exceeded the necessary use of force and is in danger of injuring his opponent.").

In a situation where the play has stopped and you are not going for the ball, the 'appropriate' level of force is, clearly, zero force. That means by default, any force applied is excessive.

As clear a red as you will see and baffling that a Rangers fan would try and dismiss it.
Spot on mate.

It's a red during play aswell but if anyone thinks you can just trot over and volley players to the ground before a corner is taken or a sub is coming on then that's just plain daft.

I would suggest that when the ball is not in play, any amount of force is excessive, as there should be no reason for Turnbull to kick out after the whistle has stopped play.

Serious foul play (a Red Card Offence) is a foul committed using excessive force (i.e., "the player has far exceeded the necessary use of force and is in danger of injuring his opponent.").
The definitions are similar ie excessive force or brutality but it’s only serious foul play when challenging for the ball. The ball is long gone here. It’s violent conduct.

It's a game of football, a contact sport. A bit different from being kicked by a ned because you got the last of the chilli sauce at the kebab shop.
The thing is football isn't a contact sport just in the older games you got away with it, didn't Albertz get a red for feigning to throw a punch?

This incident,like so many others involving them has disappeared or not even been recognised by scotshit tv and press..

I think it should’ve been a red, but I’ve noticed a few people saying McFadden said “he’s not that type of player” when what he actually said was “I don’t buy into ‘he’s not that kind of player’”

Shows how important context is.

this isn't about contact sport, excessive force or anything in that sphere

picture Davis walking onto the pitch on sunday, waltzing over to Mccann and kicking him off his feet
d'you reckon its only yellow

it was not during play, it was pre-meditated as he paused before doing it
people get reds for tickling heads together

It was a stonewall red card.

If this was Alfredo then there would be 5 page spreads on his 'assault' until he got a three (pick your number) game ban.

Compliance officer should be all over this since we have learned that yellows can be upgraded to reds.

Red card and he knows it. Father Collum fails again. He usually pulls the red card out and sprints at the player without pausing to assess the incident.
I blame the schools.

Coullem the only referee in the world who sends a player off for making a shush gesture after scoring , and only gives a yellow for someone blatantly booting someone to the ground after the whistle has gone . Welcome to Scotland

That’s as blatant a red card as you’re likely to see.

Look at what Morelos was sent off for twice at Pittodrie and compare it to that. Even Ryan Jacks red wasn’t as bad as that

It was never a red card. We're now adopting the timmy mantra of looking for offence where none exists. Yellow, thats all. It wasn't reckless, violent or dangerous.

So players are allowed to volley opponents after the whistle has blown and it's not violent? Who knew.

What utter drivel.

Last edited:

It absolutely was violent in the sense the ball wasn’t in play and he’s volleyed him.

Red card all day

That’s as blatant a red card as you’re likely to see.

Look at what Morelos was sent off for twice at Pittodrie and compare it to that. Even Ryan Jacks red wasn’t as bad as that
Wasn’t excessive force according to McFadden.

Different story when Morelos got the retrospective red card at Tannadice earlier on the season when he barely touched the Utd player.

Wasn’t excessive force according to McFadden.

Different story when Morelos got the retrospective red card at Tannadice earlier on the season when he barely touched the Utd player.

knocked him off his feet
what would be excessive? dismemberment? a thano style snap?

had he done it to Mcfadden he'd be rolling about the deck screaming

Turnbull is very overrated, yes it should have been a red card and ref made a terrible decision (should be demoted for that, right in front of him) maybe Turnbull will be cited, he should but in all honesty it won't matter if he plays against us or not he's not that good as made out to be by our rabid journalists.

Collum cost the sheep 2 points tonight - GOOD! :))
Whether you rate Turnbull here isn't really the point.

Just down the road we have a referee terrified that he'll be viewed as pro Rangers for not awarding two penalties to St Johnstone when the incidents were actually not penalties in the first place.

And then he gives one on time up, that is a fecking joke.

Contrast that to Collum. No referee in Scotlanfd gives a toss if they give the filth license to do whatever they want.

It's not as if the press will highlight it anyway.

Last edited:
Back